Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should calm down on the derp talk; your head couldn't be further up your ass.

Take what you pay in SS and put it into an annuity and tell me the difference on the payout.

Social Security: The Best Annuity Money Can Buy

With an implied payout rate of 9.5%, Social Security delay provides a higher payout rate, stronger inflation protection and less credit risk than commercially available annuities.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/wadepfa.../#704d9feb5fc7

Next bit. Note the part at the end I talked about above. "less credit risk". Almost as if that is an important part of determining return.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 08-21-2019 at 12:30 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should calm down on the derp talk; your head couldn't be further up your ass.

Take what you pay in SS and put it into an annuity and tell me the difference on the payout.

Social Security: The Best Annuity You Can Buy
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/426...nnuity-can-buy
    Summary
    Delaying the start of Social Security past age 62 means the foregone income is reinvested in the system.

The increased income later can be interpreted as a lifetime annuity over and above what was available at age 62.

The annuity return on the reinvested income is 7-9% in the first year, depending on age, and growing with inflation thereafter.

This is very favorable compared to other annuity options.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 08-21-2019 at 12:30 PM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pick an annuity to measure it against. SS is itself an annuity, and backed by the full faith and credit of the US government.
    No. Annuities have steady monthly payments and guaranteed payouts. SS is a man's annuity even if you want to make that argument.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Annuities have steady monthly payments and guaranteed payouts. SS is a man's annuity even if you want to make that argument.
    You didn't really read any of the analysis I posted, and obviously don't understand the financial concepts. Your statement here pretty much confirms that, since you completely ignored d the fact of fund/company/default risk, as if you don't even know about it.

Sokay. I kinda knew that already.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You didn't really read any of the analysis I posted, and obviously don't understand the financial concepts. Your statement here pretty much confirms that, since you completely ignored d the fact of fund/company/default risk, as if you don't even know about it.

I didn't need to. Annuities make people into millionaires. Social security doesn't.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Now, the Libertarian Party, is a capitalist party. It's in favor of what I would regard a particular form of authoritarian control. Namely, the kind that comes through private ownership and control, which is an extremely rigid system of domination - people have to... people can survive, by renting themselves to it, and basically in no other way... I do disagree with them very sharply, and I think that they are not..understanding the fundamental doctrine, that you should be free from domination and control, including the control of the manager and the owner."

- Noam Chomsky

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's exactly what the oligarchy's s the Repugs have been doing

they MISgovern, up government, piss people off, tell people "govt IS the problem" and Repugs do everything to MISgovern.

Why? To corrupt and enfeeble govt so the oligarchy can rape and pillage the people and the environment unen bered by "the administrative state"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I didn't need to. Annuities make people into millionaires. Social security doesn't.

RG: "your statement proves you don't understand the topic or concepts related to the topic"

Spurty: "hold my beer"

In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people mistakenly assess their cognitive ability as greater than it is. It is related to the cognitive bias of illusory superiority and comes from the inability of people to recognize their lack of ability.
    Sure man. If you say so. I'm not even going to argue with you at this point. Watching you flail is more fun. Keep talking.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

RG: "your statement proves you don't understand the topic or concepts related to the topic"

Spurty: "hold my beer"

Sure man. If you say so. I'm not even going to argue with you at this point. Watching you flail is more fun. Keep talking.
    Hold my beer.

Only an idiot believes a compulsory system like SS is giving a better return than a solid annuity. Of course, you fit the bill.

I'll take my beer back now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hold my beer.

Only an idiot believes a compulsory system like SS is giving a better return than a solid annuity. Of course, you fit the bill.

Sure. You are 100% right. No doubt about it. Keep talking and share the knowledge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Annuities vs Social Security

My right-brained, accountant husband stayed home yesterday because it snowed. We started talking about the number of people who attack Social Security as an inefficient retirement fund and insist they could do much better on their own.

Just for the heck of it — because he loves math and me — my hubby unearthed his most recent annual Social Security statement and plugged the numbers into a spreadsheet to test how his ac ulated Social Security compares to a conservative investment of the same amount of money outside Social Security. He was surprised to learn that Social Security isn’t such a bad deal after all.

Hubby listed his taxable wages beginning in 1963 on the spreadsheet. In the second column, he put the annual percentage of Social Security deducted from his wages — it’s changed over time, from 3.32 percent the first year he paid in to 6.2 percent last year. He calculated his annual contributions and his employers’ annual contributions based on his wages. Then he totaled the contributions.

Next, he assumed that Uncle Sam would invest the money in 30-year Treasuries, and he plugged in interest on the ac ulated money based on the Treasury rates, calculating a purchase every six months and reflecting the actual change in rates. Finally, he added up the annual totals and a grand total.

He took that grand total and plugged it into ImmediateAnnuties.com and got a monthly payout for a single male, age 66. He compared that number to what Social Security says he’d get at 66.

According to ImmediateAnnuities.com, he would be able to take his total ac ulated savings and purchase an annuity worth $3,427 paid monthly beginning at age 66 for the rest of his life. If he wanted to share the money with me, he could get a joint-lives payout that would pay $2,828 until we both died. There are no inflation adjustments during that time, and when both of us die, the insurance company gets to keep what’s left.

By comparison, Social Security will pay my husband $2,415 monthly beginning at age 66. If I didn’t have my own Social Security, I could claim half of his — $1,207 — for a family total of $3,622. That’s $794 more than the private annuity would pay us. Plus, the Social Security money is indexed for inflation. When one of us dies, the other gets the highest amount of the two payments. When both of us die, the government keeps anything that’s left.

By my lights, Social Security is clearly the better deal.

The Bush administration wanted to partially dismantle Social Security and let people invest at least some of their contributions in the stock market. I haven’t heard much about that plan since the market went south in 2008. But some regular posters here still suggest that they could do better on their own. And maybe they could. But Social Security is a program designed to protect all of us, including those of us who don’t have what it takes to save and invest money on our own. I think that’s a retirement planning blessing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ban...-security/amp/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Hedges: Corporate Capitalism in Decline [Part 1/2]

Chris Hedges: Corporate Capitalism in Decline [Part 2/2]
    Last edited by TheGreatYacht; 09-04-2019 at 06:51 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Laura Ingraham Is Against Closing For-Profit Prisons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hold my beer.

Guessing you are still doing the analysis.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guessing you are still doing the analysis.
    You posted a hack link. Anyone who's taken a college finance class knows a private annuity kicks SS's ass. Govt. not in the business of giving premium returns, jack ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You posted a hack link. Anyone who's taken a college finance class knows a private annuity kicks SS's ass. Govt. not in the business of giving premium returns, jack ass.
    I have taken quite a few grad level finance and economics classes.

You have yet to show the barest glimmer of the the knowledge required to make that determination.

You are an idiot and every mocking post where you can't back up.your bull proves that.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have taken quite a few grad level finance and economics classes.
    And yet you have your head that far up your ass.

Govt. ain't in the business of giving premium returns, jackass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You are an idiot and every mocking post where you can't back up your bull proves that.
    [mocking post with no evidence to back up claim]

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CuckoldGuy lashing out.

Sorry, but the gov. ain't in the business of giving premium returns to non-cronies, RandomCuck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You are an idiot and every mocking post where you can't back up your bull proves that.
    Cuck Cuck.[mocking post with no evidence to back up claim]

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How come your wife doesn't post here any more, CuckoldGuy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cuck [mocking post with no evidence to back up claim]
    That doesn't look like you attempting to back up your . That looks like more tourrettes.

Please, keep explaining to me about annuities.

At this point, you probably don't even remember what your claim is, do you?
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 12-02-2019 at 03:30 PM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You come back two months later with this.
    CuckGuy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cuck [mocking post with no evidence to back up claim]
    That doesn't look like you attempting to back up your . That looks like more tourrettes.

Please, keep explaining to me about annuities.

Cuck [mocking post with no back up to his bull ]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    British People SHOCKED By American Healthcare Prices

We need Medicare 4 All

Thread Information