Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    31-0 Kansas State in the 3rd quarter. At least this keeps me from feeling too bad about the Beavs losing to UCLA on a last second field goal.

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    At least I think we can beat Texas.

My Team
    Maryland Terrapins
    Post Count
    How did Nebraska lose to these guys?

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    It's got to be the worst Texas football team I've ever seen.

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    And ESPN is going to pay these guys $12M per year for broadcast rights??? I ain't buying that until I see a contract.

My Team
    Maryland Terrapins
    Post Count
    How many players did they lose last year? I can't remember an elite program taking such a precipitous drop in one year...these things are usually gradual

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    gilbert can't hit anyone on his own team in stride to save his life. i have no idea why he is still playing.

<(*_*)>
    My Team
    Oklahoma Sooners
    Post Count
    How many players did they lose last year? I can't remember an elite program taking such a precipitous drop in one year...these things are usually gradual
    Hard to use that as an excuse especially when Alabama lost just as many players to the NFL and yet they're still an elite team

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It's coaching. They don't have a QB to hide behind any longer.

as a longhorns fan, that game mad me sick

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Ruining Nebraska's le hopes is the highlight of this season.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I've never seen a Texas team quit so many times during a season.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    And ESPN is going to pay these guys $12M per year for broadcast rights??? I ain't buying that until I see a contract.
    Folks will still watch UT even if they suck. They're like the Cowboys that way.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    OTOH, I never thought I'd see the day that Northern Illinois received more AP and USA Today poll votes than UT.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    gilbert is the worst ing quarterback ever. he's got so much potential, but it seems like he's trying too hard and cant settle down and just make throws. he also stares down his receiver and doesnt check. thats just asking for an interception...

UT should have played it smart and taken the boy from Tivy. this is the beginning of the end for mack...his bureucratic coaching style is both his success and will ultimately be his failure.

give the reigns to muschamp and let him fire everyone. this team is in desperate need of resuscitation. they need a new young coach to fire them up and get the gears rolling. i guess the aggies have been waiting for this for a long time, and now with the Tivy qb going to a&m, it should make for some interesting ball games against UT. every collie has its day, i guess.
    Last edited by The Reckoning; 11-07-2010 at 04:08 PM.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

Right now the concern is whether or not this team will make a bowl game. Then they need to find a backup QB because if McCoy is not going to play then they need to find someone you trust after your starting QB throws three picks. No QB should have a chance to throw five,

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Fire a coach that was in the national championship game last season..

I hate mack brown.. but seriously? Lol

I'm your huckleberry K-State Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    Kansas State Wildcats
    Post Count
    How did Nebraska lose to these guys?
    Just the extension of trends.

UNL actually went O-fer the history of Big 12 regular seasons against Texas (1-2 in CCGs).

KSU is actually now 5-2 against the horns since the conference's inception. The rest of the North division is a combined 5-36.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I listened to the game yesterday, and the announcers didn't know what to do. Craig Way and his sidekick kept talking about all the great things K-State did and refused to be critical of the Horns lousy play.

I'm no expert, but it seems to me that the 2010 and 2011 classes (the Srs. and Jrs.) don't have what it takes and the underclassmen can't pick up the slack yet.

Mack Brown has no problem cleaning house on the coaching staff if it's necessary and it appears to be necessary.

Gilbert appears to have a million dollar arm and lacks the instincts to play QB at the college level. On the other hand, the O-Line is a mess, the running backs are average, and the upper classman receivers cannot make up for the loss of Shipley. IOW he's not getting a lot of help. The defense is awful too.

I know some of the Aggies out here are laughing right now, but I think they would be wise to sit back and think about who's been getting the job done overall from 2000-2010.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

I know some of the Aggies out here are laughing right now, but I think they would be wise to sit back and think about who's been getting the job done overall from 2000-2010.
    Sports are all about "What have you done for me lately?"

Sorry if you can't take the criticism.

Rugged like Rwanda SpursNextRomanEmpire's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

Harry Callahan: "Bu bu but we were good the past few years!"

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Irrelevant. What matters is right now and right now....Texas is bad. What the Horns or Aggies have done the past 10 years has no bearing on this season or this season's matchup.

One for the Thumb
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    That loss on Saturday was in the top 3 worst all time for me, with my watching Horns football going back to 1981. I've still got route 66 at the top, with maybe losing at Rice at #2. But that pathetic performance on Saturday might move up to #2 the more I think about it.

Mack won't get fired after the season, he's way too popular for that to happen. If there is a silver lining to this horrible season, it's that the offense has been bad enough, and regressed enough that Greg Davis should be gone. Other assistants will be gone as well, O line coach, maybe a D line coach, LB coach, etc. But this is dangerous teritory for Mack, he cleans out some of the assistants and they don't improved next year with another stud recruiting class coming in-he could easily be next.

Keep your Horns up.............. I guess.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Irrelevant. What matters is right now and right now....Texas is bad. What the Horns or Aggies have done the past 10 years has no bearing on this season or this season's matchup.

Thread Information