Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    For my public speaking class, I need to give a motivational speech. It's supposed to inspire the other students to do something, and the professor has stated that it should be something that relates to you; something you have credibility with.

For this speech, you will represent a not-for-profit organization that aims to take action to alleviate and/or cure a significant social problem. Your goal is to use the Monroe’s Motivated Sequence (below) to motivate your college audience to take actions to further the aims of the organization. Your audience does not have any money of their own to contribute to your cause. Therefore, you need to motivate them to contribute to your organization’s cause in other ways.
    So for example, if you or someone in your family has been in a position where they desperately need blood, an appropriate topic would be blood donation.

I'm having a hard time to come up with a topic, and I can't think of anything that would relate to my personal life very well. Also, most of the class has already chosen a topic, I've been lazy and haven't been able to come up with great ideas.

So I'd greatly appreciate it if any of you guys can think of possible topics.

Also keep in mind that the very obvious topics are probably taken by now...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    You heard of "get a life" well in your case you live many lives. You want to only live one at a time.

Your topic is get rid of a life.

check out Chris Duel's facebook page he will help you he is a professional motivation speaker.

http://www.facebook.com/chrisduel

http://twitter.com/chrisduel

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

U Have Bad Understanding Sportcamper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Have you considered reporting on how milk is processed & delivered on a daily basis to your supermarket?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Do a topic on how the bad economy has effected many peoples sex drive.

Master of Information Dr. Gonzo's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    You will do well Alvarez.

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Houston Cougars
    Are Kori and LJ turning a profit on this place? If not there's your topic.

Name
    Christy
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    http://www.speech-topics-help.com/

I wish there was Google & the internet when I was in college. Good Lord ... lol. I just skimmed though a couple of things and it was the first link that popped up, but you might be able to find something useful here.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Unless you went to college in the 1960's, there was an internet. Or do you think Al Gore actually invented it? I started using it in 1971.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans

Name
    Christy
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Unless you went to college in the 1960's, there was an internet. Or do you think Al Gore actually invented it? I started using it in 1971.

Are you seriously suggesting that the availability and ease of access to the internet and the information you were able to get out of it in 1971 is anywhere near what you can do on it today?

We didn't even have a computer in our house until the mid to late 80's ... when I was learning how to write Pascal in high school. The only thing about the internet I knew in college was the 20 minutes it took to log into aol chat on a 2400 baud modem. I was still typing my papers on a typewriter. But hey, at least it was electric, as opposed to the stone and chisel my teenagers have suggested.
    Last edited by SpursWoman; 11-10-2010 at 03:06 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I call BS!

Hey even the hardware needed for text based bulletin boards was not available in '71, so let's not even talk about the content. Seriously what was the modem speed in 1971? 800, 900 bauds?

e-mails. I'll give you that and only if you were working in some very special industries.

What is up, ladies? Cock-n-balls's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How about procrastination?

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    No, I never said that the internet in the early 70's was anywhere near as useful as it is now. I simply stated that it existed. It was rudimentary, but did allow chat among users online, as well as some file transfer capability.
    The baud rate, as I recall, was 300.
    And yes, the hardware was very basic. The CPU was located at William and Mary University, and was linked to terminals in other colleges as well as several high schools. There were no CRT's, just a teletype machine. There were even some rudimentary online games, my favorite was "lunar lander", where you controlled horizontal and vertical thrust by entering numeric values for each.
    Last edited by Cyrano; 11-10-2010 at 04:54 PM.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    You should give a speech about the job market awaiting your fellow classmates upon graduation.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    How about procrastination?

What is up, ladies? Cock-n-balls's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    Read a bit of this it'll give you some inspiration to "do something."

http://www.amazon.com/Zero-Regrets-G...9427827&sr=8-1

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    the internet in the early 70's was anywhere near as useful as it is now.
    The baud rate, as I recall, was 300.

So by the time you downloaded Jaws I Jaws II was already on tv?

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    No, Mouse. In 1971 we couldn't download a movie produced in 1975. Streaming video was still decades away.
    It was only two years after the moon landing...many years before internet videos would have you believing the landing never happened.

Name
    Ed Induh Gutter
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Wait u guys had internet in the 70s and 80s? Where did I get the idea that it only started in the '90s lol

Anyways, talk about domestic violence, and its effects on women or something. While it may seem funny to hit a woman with a falcon punch, it is wrong. Something along those lines.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    YouTubes!

Name
    Billy Shears
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    Do you own homework Alvarez. I already know you're going to it up since you have so little confidence in yourself you had to ask spurstalk for help.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Do you own homework Alvarez. I already know you're going to it up since you have so little confidence in yourself you had to ask spurstalk for help.
    Suck my balls this thread became useless because I thought of something rather quickly after making it.

Thread Information