Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mark Price>you Cleveland Steamer's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Nope, not trying to discredit anyones work, just don't want to hear about how tough you think you got it.
    the problem is just because you watched The Hurtlocker you think you know how tough they have it or don't have it. but you don't know. you're not a soldier. you haven't done their job or been in their shoes. you really know absolutely nothing about it. you don't even think modern American soldiers make sacrifices.

i have a feeling this all really about being bitter because nobody tells thispego thank you on veterans day.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Both of you please stop posting.
    Yeah. I really don't remember hitting "Quote" for any of your postings so kindly piss off. Thanks for playing. If I recall there's an ignore button or simply ignore me. Either way i'll sleep good at night. Grazie tanto

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah. I really don't remember hitting "Quote" for any of your postings so kindly piss off. Thanks for playing. If I recall there's an ignore button or simply ignore me. Either way i'll sleep good at night. Grazie tanto
    Sorry, what is your problem exactly? I just don't think you're helping this thread by posting the obscene things you did. Also, you clearly have no sense of humor.

edited: spelling
    Last edited by Summers; 11-13-2010 at 08:15 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Sorry, what is your problem exactly? I just don't think you're helping this thread by posting the obscene things you did. Also, you clearly have no sense of humor.

edited: spelling
    Why do you care. All your caring soul needs to know is SO FAR I have no problem with you. I have no issue with you. YOU have directly addressed me twice. I'm simply responding to you. Continue to have a nice ing day.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    thispego,

Would love to sit down over a beer and discuss you views. I've met up with Mouse, Big Z, Chalup, Paki, would love the opportunity to sit down with you.

But, I think you're one of this guys, you know, the tough guy -- I need attention because my mommy never loved me guys -- who have to be tough in the forum.

Let's have a beer or three talk about like men and maybe we can come to an understanding.

Let me know bro -- anytime -- the invitation is out there.
    --PG
    well, I live in Lubbock now so it wouldn't be anytime soon, but maybe I'll take you up in the offer sometime. Don't really see a need for coming to an understanding, though, you probay won't see my point of view on the subject and I probably won't see yours because we have different frames of reference.

And you are wrong, my mommy loves me very much

and I never have or ever will try to act tough on the forum or in real life, I just voice my opinions and alot of the time my opinion goes against the grain and for some reason people get real pissed off when you believe something opposite of what the masses believe

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    the problem is just because you watched The Hurtlocker you think you know how tough they have it or don't have it. but you don't know. you're not a soldier. you haven't done their job or been in their shoes. you really know absolutely nothing about it. you don't even think modern American soldiers make sacrifices.

i have a feeling this all really about being bitter because nobody tells thispego thank you on veterans day.
    Hurt locker? Never saw it. I have family and friends in the military and I know enough to make the assertations I do. I never said modern soldiers don't make sacrafices, I said that ww2 and nam vets made the real sacrifices, they were drafted and forced into service, they had no choice. Modern soldiers choose to enlist. And I am as grateful for your sacrafices as I am for the sacrafices that my garbage man makes. That's not a bad thing, is it?

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hurt locker? Never saw it. I have family and friends in the military and I know enough to make the assertations I do. I never said modern soldiers don't make sacrafices, I said that ww2 and nam vets made the real sacrifices, they were drafted and forced into service, they had no choice. Modern soldiers choose to enlist. And I am as grateful for your sacrafices as I am for the sacrafices that my garbage man makes. That's not a bad thing, is it?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    okay

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Here's a pic of my grandfather that my mom took at a veterans day gtg. He's holding a picture of the type of plane he flew.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Trinity Tigers
    The P-38 Lightning ... great plane.

Your granddad looks wonderful - please thank him for his service!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    Actually thispego does make some good points. The fact of the matter is being in the service is a job. My dad served during the Korean War and he enlisted because of the GI Bill and that is how he paid for his education. I appreciate what our soldiers do for us, but they are doing their job. If it was easy and there was no danger in it everybody would do it.

Mark Price>you Cleveland Steamer's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    i figured the "i know people who serve" line would be coming up at some point. everybody knows people and/or has family who serve. but most people aren't delusional or self centered enough to believe that makes them understand what soldiers go through. you really don't know anything about it. and it's pretty weak to try to disqualify somebody else's "sacrifice" because they chose to take it on rather than have it forced on them. you must have done magnificent things in your life to be the person who sets the parameters on what counts as a sacrifice and what doesn't.

i don't think you equating modern soldiers to garbage men is necessarily a bad thing. it's your opinion, and hey, you know some people who served so you must know what you're talking about. if anything though, i think it's pretty telling just how butthurt you are that you don't get any attention on veterans day while the people around you do.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I spend a lot of time at my VFW post, being the service officer, and believe it or not, we don't sit in a big circle thanking each other endlessly. Just last week, I saw the following exchange:

Incredibly large retired marine: "How many Vietnam vets does it take to change a light bulb?"

WWII bomber pilot: "I don't know."

Large marine (doing a creditable Dennis Hopper impression): "You don't KNOW, 'cause you weren't THERE, man!"

Thread Information