Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That isn't to say that a person who doesn't play sports is not a well rounded person is it? And I'd drop sports before I dropped learning.
    I always hated how the teachers would pass the football players, even though they had failed the class, during the first semester. Just so they could play ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked the story about that Coach for Colorado is it?
    He's the College Golf Coach and he forfeited a championship so his team could make the flight back home because they had finals the next day.
    Some parents were upset but I like the fact that he chose education before sports.

See you when it burns SWC Bonfire's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That isn't to say that a person who doesn't play sports is not a well rounded person is it?
    Here's a well-rounded person who doesn't play sports:

(That's a joke, people.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that is a teacher problem then... people will do what they have to do to get by.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that is a teacher problem then... people will do what they have to do to get by.
    I am sure it happens throughout the state. Come on Texans love their High School football.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked the story about that Coach for Colorado is it?
    He's the College Golf Coach and he forfeited a championship so his team could make the flight back home because they had finals the next day.
    Some parents were upset but I like the fact that he chose education before sports.
    he's a dumbass then. schools have policies in place for any school sponsored activity. they could have taken them when they got back. man, i'd never speak to the coach again... it is not everyday you get a shot at a championship in sports or even band compe ions...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am sure it happens throughout the state. Come on Texans love their High School football.

i didn't say it didn't happen. i know it happens.. but i said it was the teacher's fault. a student isn't going to go to the school board and complain he was passed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's a dumbass then. schools have policies in place for any school sponsored activity. they could have taken them when they got back. man, i'd never speak to the coach again... it is not everyday you get a shot at a championship in sports or even band compe ions...
    I don't think high school rules would necessary apply to a College.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i didn't say it didn't happen. i know it happens.. but i said it was the teacher's fault. a student isn't going to go to the school board and complain he was passed.
    But he would create a storm if he wasn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think high school rules would necessary apply to a College.
    but chalupa mentioned a college team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not everyday that you get a shot at a college degree. If other students have to be in class then why should athletes get an exception?

The Coach had promissed the parents that they would graduate and he kept his word. If he's a dumbass then he's the kind of dumbass that colleges need to hire more of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but chalupa mentioned a college team.
    I know that. Do you think the professors GAF what you are doing on your own time. I know mine don't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If other students have to be in class then why should athletes get an exception?
    Because they are participating in an official school-sanctioned activity and are an outwardly visible representation of their school in the sight of other academic ins utions and the general public.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not everyday that you get a shot at a college degree. If other students have to be in class then why should athletes get an exception?

The Coach had promissed the parents that they would graduate and he kept his word. If he's a dumbass then he's the kind of dumbass that colleges need to hire more of.
    but you can get a college degree any day... you can put it off and it will still be there.. not the same for a championship. also, school policies also affect band and other things.. as long as it is school sponsored.

Who is this guy, again? travis2's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because they are participating in an official school-sanctioned activity and are an outwardly visible representation of their school in the sight of other academic ins utions and the general public.
    Without passing judgement on that statement, let me just say that the statement applies equally to non-athletic extra-curricular groups as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are correct sir. But I still think he made the right decision because of the impact it had on his players. They all respected and understood his decision. All but 1 of the players had a GPA of 3.2 or higher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without passing judgement on that statement, let me just say that the statement applies equally to non-athletic extra-curricular groups as well.
    That is correct. If you are asked to represent the school, you should receive an exception. I have never heard of someone not being allowed to retake a test or work simply because there was a scheduling conflict with an official school function of any kind.

Who is this guy, again? travis2's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is correct. If you are asked to represent the school, you should receive an exception. I have never heard of someone not being allowed to retake a test or work simply because there was a scheduling conflict with an official school function of any kind.
    mmmmm...I can't give any specific examples, but I feel confident that (at least in the case on non-athletic groups) there have been edicts passed down such that a group could not participate in a certain (non-UIL) compe ion because of conflicts...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mmmmm...I can't give any specific examples, but I feel confident that (at least in the case on non-athletic groups) there have been edicts passed down such that a group could not participate in a certain (non-UIL) compe ion because of conflicts...
    It would make sense to me that you couldn't put off finals for very long - there's a grades deadline for finals that doesn't exist for other random exams throughout the year that are more easy to reschedule. Still sucks for the team that got screwed over, but I can see where finals would be a conflict. It was a poorly scheduled tournament I think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would make sense to me that you couldn't put off finals for very long - there's a grades deadline for finals that doesn't exist for other random exams throughout the year that are more easy to reschedule. Still sucks for the team that got screwed over, but I can see where finals would be a conflict. It was a poorly scheduled tournament I think.
    The championship match had to go into extra play and the coach knew that they would not make their flight back and he made a tough call. So I guess the cir stances are what caused this in the first place.

Thread Information