Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Turkey club sammiches

Will Work For Free
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'll be starting the day off with jumbo shrimp then hitting it up with a rack of lamb, candy yams, roasted brussel sprouts and asparagus, stuffing and then ending the night with pumpkin and apple pie.

Score
    --PG

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    I'm doing Thanksgiving solo this year (yeah, I know, poor little me, but too much homework and not enough money made traveling impractical this year), but am still cooking.

Can't live without my annual mashed potato, stuffing, ravioli, and pumpkin pie fest, so I'm making all of the above from scratch. In fact, just finished making cornbread for the stuffing a couple hours ago. For potatoes this year, got a mix of Yukon Golds and sweet potatoes that I'm going to mash together (with butter, cream, salt, pepper, and a tiny bit of nutmeg), which I've never tried before. Hopefully it doesn't suck, but I guess this is the year to try something different, since I won't have to face the wrath of disapproving family members. And instead of getting a full turkey for just me, I'll be roasting a turkey breast. Thanksgiving has always been about the side dishes for me (the main purpose of a turkey, in my mind, is to act as a vessel for stuffing), so I was tempted to skip the meat altogether, but this is being cooked mostly to give me something with which to make real gravy.

Waaaaay more trouble than I was going to go to when I first decided to stay home, but the cooking is fun and the leftovers should be worth it.

Thread Information