Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I still have not played a single second of Modern Warfare 2. Didn't buy it, won't play it.

Anyone who doubted me on that can suck it. Some people actually follow through on what they say they're going to do.

I still have not played a single second of Modern Warfare 2. Didn't buy it, won't play it.

Anyone who doubted me on that can suck it. Some people actually follow through on what they say they're going to do.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    tbh the more I see of Griffin the more I think he's a massive .

you fail at trollin' me TheMACHINE's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    sucks Miller got suspended and stopped his consecutive games played streak

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got suspended for that?!

in' pussy league...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He took it like a tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got suspended for doing the same thing that Griffin was doing to him? That's ridiculous.

Yes I'm a troll. Happy? SourCandy's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    grif was more sneaky about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dude, duncan gets the same treatment daily... always getting pushed under the basket and no call. ridiculous ty refs in the nba.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    http://tucsoncitizen.com/usa-today-s...a-soft-league/

Portland Trail Blazer guard Andre Miller believes the NBA has turned into the NFL.

Nobody is allowed to hit anyone.

Miller was suspended for a game after pushing Los Angeles forward Blake Griffin. The suspension ends Miller’s 632-game playing streak.

The Portland guard was not assessed a foul on the play.

“It just shows you how soft the league has gotten, protecting young players,” Miller said. “It’s not like it was when I came in this league.”

Miller contends he was pushed twice by Griffin before he retaliated but doesn’t expect the league to give the Clippers’ forward extra attention.

“No, not really, because he’s going to get away with it,” Miller said. “I don’t have nothing against him being an aggressive big man. I don’t think I would have been suspended if there was a flagrant foul called on the court. (Blazers center Marcus) Camby whacked someone in the face and he didn’t get suspend. The rules don’t apply to everyone.”

Copyright 2010 USATODAY.com

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. That's...pretty in gay.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The suspension ends Miller’s 632-game playing streak.
    sad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://tucsoncitizen.com/usa-today-s...a-soft-league/

Portland Trail Blazer guard Andre Miller believes the NBA has turned into the NFL.

Nobody is allowed to hit anyone.

Miller was suspended for a game after pushing Los Angeles forward Blake Griffin. The suspension ends Miller’s 632-game playing streak.

The Portland guard was not assessed a foul on the play.

“It just shows you how soft the league has gotten, protecting young players,” Miller said. “It’s not like it was when I came in this league.”

Miller contends he was pushed twice by Griffin before he retaliated but doesn’t expect the league to give the Clippers’ forward extra attention.

“No, not really, because he’s going to get away with it,” Miller said. “I don’t have nothing against him being an aggressive big man. I don’t think I would have been suspended if there was a flagrant foul called on the court. (Blazers center Marcus) Camby whacked someone in the face and he didn’t get suspend. The rules don’t apply to everyone.”

Copyright 2010 USATODAY.com
    That's horrible. If anything, smaller players need to be protected far more than bigger guys.

Charge the refs with making the first two push in the backs, and then there's not a problem here. You can't let the officials just blow calls like that and expect players to let themselves get pushed and fouled all game with no response. If Griffin was whistled for a foul, he would have stopped and there would be no need for Miller to get suspended.

at the NBA. "We didn't call a foul on the play, but we'll suspend you for it."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Battle in the paint is a man's game. I overall I think the Refs needs to start swallowing their whistle a bit. It's getting to where any contact is a foul. A foul should be called of course but no need to blow the whistle at every ticky-tack thing,

Here You have players fighting for position nothing more. Miller wasn't doing that here however. He just wanted to go at the guy.

(in before the trolls take over. Oh wait, top late..)

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    right after Andre floored him Griffin just got up cause he knew he deserved it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was worth the suspension. Put Blake in his place tbh.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not liking Blake much.

And Tyrus Thomas is better than him in 2k11.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That's horrible. If anything, smaller players need to be protected far more than bigger guys.

Charge the refs with making the first two push in the backs, and then there's not a problem here. You can't let the officials just blow calls like that and expect players to let themselves get pushed and fouled all game with no response. If Griffin was whistled for a foul, he would have stopped and there would be no need for Miller to get suspended.

at the NBA. "We didn't call a foul on the play, but we'll suspend you for it."
    Are you ing re ed?

Blake Griffin's plays were two blown calls, sure, but it was incidental contact with two players fighting for the ball. Andre Miller took a ing cheapshot running full speed down the court and decking him.

Are you saying that everytime a call is blown, that somebody should respond with a cheap shot?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Are you ing re ed?

Blake Griffin's plays were two blown calls, sure, but it was incidental contact with two players fighting for the ball. Andre Miller took a ing cheapshot running full speed down the court and decking him.

Are you saying that everytime a call is blown, that somebody should respond with a cheap shot?
    have to agree with bump, wht andre did was far more eggregious ....
    Blake does have a little nasty to his game but i watched Carl Landry take actual cheap shots at him all night when the played in Sacto ...

It seems that is the blueprint vets are using on Blake ...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Blake does have a little nasty to his game but i watched Carl Landry take actual cheap shots at him all night when the played in Sacto ...

Even since college, that's what teams have tried to do. He seems like Kobe in the sense that if you tick him off, it just angers him more.

I've been a huge Griffin fan since his days at OU, I remember when Michigan tried to do that to him in the tournament. They tried, undercutting him when he jumped, twisting his arm in looseballs, and a bunch of other stuff and he ended up just destroying them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Incidental contact? Blake Griffin shoving Andre Miller out of the way on two almost identical cir stances is not incidental. It's Blake bullying smaller players, and the refs allowing it.

Dre was just making a point. If what he did was SO bad, as you claim BUMP, why was he not even called for a foul on the play?

If the officiating is that bad that they can miss two obvious fouls and third that deserves a suspension, the officiating here is extremely questionable at best. Officials are paid to keep control of a game. Not only did they fail in this aspect but if they are allowing such contact to go unpenalized under the hoop, I can't blame Dre for going at Griffin.

Again, if the officials blow a call that's so bad it deserves a suspension, then the officiating is more at fault than Dre. If you've ever played a game of ball in your life (obviously you haven't), you'd know that you do what you have to on the court to keep the respect of the other players. Since the refs were letting Griffin do whatever he wanted, Dre needed to retaliate to end the physicality. It was no more a cheap shot than Blake blatantly pushing Miller in the back when he is 2x his size and shouldn't need to go OTB to get a rebound in the first place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's more like Andre Miller meet David Stern, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA has gone pussy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even since college, that's what teams have tried to do. He seems like Kobe in the sense that if you tick him off, it just angers him more.

I've been a huge Griffin fan since his days at OU, I remember when Michigan tried to do that to him in the tournament. They tried, undercutting him when he jumped, twisting his arm in looseballs, and a bunch of other stuff and he ended up just destroying them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta agree with CH here, BUMP. While I understand your argument that the league office not doing SOMETHING in this instance sets a dangerous precedent, this should've been handled MUCH better mid-game.

An egregious oversight on the part of the officiating crew.

Thread Information