Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    +1

He's a better pro prospect due to not throwing like a le.

And if we're talking about football intelligence, VY is excluded right away since he has none.
    Hard to argue, but let's not act like Cam is some Rhodes Scholar. He's done some stupid too.

Post Count
    Newton would have torched that USC defense. That was a terrible defense during the season. Alot of teams put up points against USC that year. However, USC would have torched Auburn's defense as well. Not sure if Newton would have scored enough to win. I believe Texas had a better defense compared to this Auburn defense.

Post Count
    Give him a 50 question IQ test how many do you think he gets right
    Depends which test he signs his name too.

My Team
    North Texas Mean Green
    Post Count
    That USC team was overrated.

THe big 12 was overrated.

Aggie gave UT a scare..

The national Champs Bama gave AUburn a scare.

SEC'10 > Big 12

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Taking my trolling hat off.

I think it's unfair to Vince and Cam to have an "either, or" discussion about the two players. They are probably different in plenty of ways too, but we just have to compare them because they're black athletic quarterbacks on great teams.

It's impossible to properly say who is "better." First of all no one can agree on what "better" even means.

Vince had a team loaded with NFL talent on both sides of the ball. And he hardly played 2nd half of some games his junior year.
    Cam is doing it more all by himself and plays in a more difficult compe ive conference.
    Vince was not a flash in the pan season guy....he dominated his sop re year in record, and stats, and put on the greatest Rose Bowl performance in history (prior to his second Rose Bowl performance which outdid even that...).
    Cam is only going to have one year to cement his legacy.
    Vince went against "The Greatest College Football Team of All Time" and singlehandedly emasculated them and their fanbase.
    Cam is going against arguably One of the Best College Offenses of all time, and will probably have to produce VY-like numbers to win if his defense is not ready.
    It's just two totally different scenarios and situations, you can't get a good grasp on anything above the subjective level.

Naturally, as a longhorn, if my team were down 6 points with 1 minute left, the ball in our hands, there isn't one single QB I would want on my side over Vince Young. He led just as many 4th Q comebacks in his career as Cam did, but his legacy is done and he has already proved he is a winner.

Cam's story is still unfolding. Plus he's got this ridiculous drama around him and his eligibility is on a Reggie-Bush level.

It's two totally different stories, both are bad ass in players, and they are what they are.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    That USC team was overrated.
    Hahahaha, it's funny because when ESPN declares you "The Greatest College Team Of All Time" and runs a weekly special comparing your team to other historic college teams....how is it possible NOT to be overrated?

People were even saying USC could probably beat lower-tier NFL teams that season

Post Count
    rofl are you a UT/mavs/Saints fan now?
    Actually I said earlier Newton would torch that same USC defense.

I was just picking on Cam.

Post Count
    Taking my trolling hat off.

I think it's unfair to Vince and Cam to have an "either, or" discussion about the two players. They are probably different in plenty of ways too, but we just have to compare them because they're black athletic quarterbacks on great teams.

It's impossible to properly say who is "better." First of all no one can agree on what "better" even means.

Vince had a team loaded with NFL talent on both sides of the ball. And he hardly played 2nd half of some games his junior year.
    Cam is doing it more all by himself and plays in a more difficult compe ive conference.
    Vince was not a flash in the pan season guy....he dominated his sop re year in record, and stats, and put on the greatest Rose Bowl performance in history (prior to his second Rose Bowl performance which outdid even that...).
    Cam is only going to have one year to cement his legacy.
    Vince went against "The Greatest College Football Team of All Time" and singlehandedly emasculated them and their fanbase.
    Cam is going against arguably One of the Best College Offenses of all time, and will probably have to produce VY-like numbers to win if his defense is not ready.
    It's just two totally different scenarios and situations, you can't get a good grasp on anything above the subjective level.

Naturally, as a longhorn, if my team were down 6 points with 1 minute left, the ball in our hands, there isn't one single QB I would want on my side over Vince Young. He led just as many 4th Q comebacks in his career as Cam did, but his legacy is done and he has already proved he is a winner.

Cam's story is still unfolding. Plus he's got this ridiculous drama around him and his eligibility is on a Reggie-Bush level.

It's two totally different stories, both are bad ass in players, and they are what they are.
    /thread

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Newton would have torched that USC defense. That was a terrible defense during the season. Alot of teams put up points against USC that year.

injuries are what allowed most of that.

CBF,

this oregon offense is good, but i would not put it above 2005 USC.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    injuries are what allowed most of that.

CBF,

this oregon offense is good, but i would not put it above 2005 USC.
    USC 2005 Stats

Rushing:
    260 YPG
    51 TD's

Passing:
    319 YPG
    32 TD

Total:
    579.9 Yards Per Game

49.077 Points Per Game

Oregon 2010 Stats:

Rushing:
    303.5 YPG
    42 TD's

Passing:
    233.7 YPG
    29 TD's

Total:
    537 Yards Per Game

49.3 Points Per Game

Seeing as how Oregon has one game to go, I'd say they are pretty comparable.

USC 2005 Stats

Rushing:
    260 YPG
    51 TD's

Passing:
    319 YPG
    32 TD

Total:
    579.9 Yards Per Game

49.077 Points Per Game

Oregon 2010 Stats:

Rushing:
    303.5 YPG
    42 TD's

Passing:
    233.7 YPG
    29 TD's

Total:
    537 Yards Per Game

49.3 Points Per Game

Seeing as how Oregon has one game to go, I'd say they are pretty comparable.
    thats funny. i wasn't even thinking about stats, though its nice to see USC's are higher. aside from that, watching the 2 offenses closely, i'll take USC by a decent margin.

just my opinion, these 2 teams in the le game, while they are the best this year and the BCS got it right, aren't all that special. lots of good teams in cfb this year, and a few very good, but none special.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    They are probably different in plenty of ways too, but we just have to compare them because they're black athletic quarterbacks on great teams.
    meh.

plenty of Tebow/Vince comparisons have been made as well. Skin color was not on my list of reasons to compare Cam/Vince.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    thats funny. i wasn't even thinking about stats, though its nice to see USC's are higher. aside from that, watching the 2 offenses closely, i'll take USC by a decent margin.

just my opinion, these 2 teams in the le game, while they are the best this year and the BCS got it right, aren't all that special. lots of good teams in cfb this year, and a few very good, but none special.
    I'm so tired of your homerism. Any team you don't pull for is, "not that special". Any player not on a team you root for is average. You are the most excuse filled poster on ST.

I'm so tired of your homerism. Any team you don't pull for is, "not that special". Any player not on a team you root for is average. You are the most excuse filled poster on ST.
    excuse? there wasn't a one in my last post; simply my opinion. i cannot say 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2008 usc, 2005 t.u., 2006 florida, etc were special teams? oregon and auburn are the best teams this year, but neither is a complete team.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    all that smack talk and youre team's crowning achievement was a championship over freakin oklahoma university. The most purely overrated over hyped program this side of ohio state.

Jason White = L O L my cousin's peewee flag football team could have beat that OU team.

Jason freakin White dude.

all that smack talk and youre team's crowning achievement was a championship over freakin oklahoma university. The most purely overrated over hyped program this side of ohio state.

Jason White = L O L my cousin's peewee flag football team could have beat that OU team.

Jason freakin White dude.
    and yet, they overshadowed t.u. in the big 12; undefeated going into the le game. how many big 12 les does ou have? t.u.? what i thought, shut the up.

i wasn't aware USC got to pick their opponent in the le game. should have been more than 2 les, but dems da breaks.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    newton has much better throwing mechanics, is just as big and mobile and seems to be as compe ive. i'd take newton.

Thread Information