Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Looks like he's bailing. People confirming everywhere now.

Texas on the market for 2 coordinators this off-season lol

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    AP source: Muschamp to be head coach at Florida

By JIM VERTUNO, AP Sports Writer 18 minutes

AUSTIN, Texas (AP)—A person familiar with the decision says Texas defensive coordinator Will Muschamp has accepted an offer to be the head coach at Florida.
    Muschamp, who just finished his third season at Texas, where he was the head-coach-in-waiting to succeed Mack Brown, replaces Urban Meyer at Florida.

The person confirming the move spoke on condition of anonymity because a formal announcement had not yet been made.
    Muschamp leaves one of the nation’s premier programs for another. Between them, Texas and Florida have won three national championships since 2005.
    But both teams fell on hard times this year. The Gators were 7-5 and Texas fell to 5-7 in Brown’s first losing season with the Longhorns.
    Muschamp was one of top-earning assistants in the country with a $900,000 annual salary.
    Mushamp’s previous stints as an assistant coach include LSU and Auburn and the Miami Dolphins in the NFL.
    Muschamp’s move to the Gators leaves Brown with another hole to fill on his staff. On Monday, Texas offensive coordinator Greg Davis resigned and offensive line coach Mac McWhorter and special teams coordinator and defensive line coach Mike Tolleson retired.
    Texas hired Muschamp away from Auburn before the 2008 season and Texas went 25-2 in his first two seasons. He had not yet finished his first season with the Longhorns when the school announced it had offered him the coach-in-waiting position even though Brown said he had no plans to retire.
    That made some wonder if Muschamp would be willing to wait and the offer from Florida, with it’s pedigree, top-flight facilities proximity to top high school athletes and its history in the Southeastern Conference, was too good to pass up.
    Texas and Florida officials did not immediately comment but news was breaking on social media web sites.
    Former Florida quarterback and Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow wrote on Twitter: “(Welcome) to the (Gator) family Coach Muschamp! You’ll soon find out why it’s great to be a Florida Gator! God bless and Go Gators.”

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Don't post AP articles.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Wow....Texas is going down the drain now...

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Sources saying Applewhite is leaving with Muschamp................ if this is true.....

Just confirmed with two sources that Major Applewhite is expected to follow Will Muschamp to Florida as the school's new OC.

My Team
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    Post Count
    This is terrible. UT never had great recruits or defensive coordinators before Will Muschamp.

This is terrible. UT never had great recruits or defensive coordinators before Will Muschamp.
    yeah, yeah. still pretty cool if you're the rest of the big 10.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What. The. ?

Sweet Jesus' hairy nuts.

Duane Akina rumored to FL as well.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Good Job Mack

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Full meltdown:

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/show...Muschamp/page7

" mack brown I'm rooting for UTSA now" is all over there..

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    meh i was expecting for heads to roll. honestly i thought it would mack brown before applewhite or muschamp.

oh well

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    Is Muschamp going to coach for UT's bowl game?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    the whole 'coach-in-waiting' thing was weird, especially with Mack Brown looking like he will stay for another 10+ years.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    the whole 'coach-in-waiting' thing was weird, especially with Mack Brown looking like he will stay for another 10+ years.
    That was obviously just for show. Probably to keep Boom there for 2009. Mack's got Peternoitis.

ing classic. damn...

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Looking like Randy Shannon is the early leader to replace Boom.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    Great hire for UF. Have thought highly of him since his LSU days, and, of course, Auburn.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Blood in the water, those highly rated Texas recruits are stunned and disoriented. Coaches from schools all over the the country are going to be trying to poach some of them; with Applewhite following Muschamp, I hope A&M can pry Malcolm Brown and Cedric Reed (and maybe a few more) away from the horns.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Blood in the water, those highly rated Texas recruits are stunned and disoriented. Coaches from schools all over the the country are going to be trying to poach some of them; with Applewhite following Muschamp, I hope A&M can pry Malcolm Brown and Cedric Reed (and maybe a few more) away from the horns.
    is this a joke?

Believe.
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Full meltdown:

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/show...Muschamp/page7

" mack brown I'm rooting for UTSA now" is all over there..
    i looked for something along those lines but couldnt find anything, seemed too good to be true -_-

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Which part? Cedric Reed has already shown some interest in A&M before all of this (he went to the Nebraska-A&M game); Malcolm Brown is said to be committed to Texas primarily because of his relationship with Major Applewhite, who is reportedly following Muschamp to Florida. Brown also happens to be friends with Johnny Manziel, our incoming quarterback recruit.

Maybe Brown follows Major to Florida, maybe he stays with Texas. I said 'hopefully' not 'we definitely will' get him. Unless Mack Brown makes some great hires fast, they could easily lose some recruits.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...exas_Longhorns

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Here's a list of players that considered A&M heavily before making there commitment to Texas.

Quandre Diggs 4 Star CB
    Desmond Jackson 4 Star DT
    Steve Edmond 4 Star ILB
    Cedric Reed 4 Star DE
    Quincy Russell 4 Star DT

Thread Information