Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Aggieland Spurs Fan LoneStarState'sPride's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Is that not how it's spelled?
    Yes, if you're 4 years old and think it's a clever insult . It's all good, though--never had anything for or against Auburn myself.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'll play along.

The "moral victory" card isn't nearly as sad as the "we sucked so bad this year and you barely beat us" card that t.u. fan kept throwin' out there post game.
    I'll play along too. I didn't hear Texas fan say that to sheep- er this year. What I did hear was "Man, I was hoping you assholes would've beat us worse so that the -stains that coach our team would definitely be out." At that point no one cared a win would mean the Suck Through a Straw Bowl. We pretty much knew that Moral Victory U was going to win. But it is pretty sad that they didn't beat UT by more.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I'll play along too. I didn't hear Texas fan say that to sheep- er this year. What I did hear was "Man, I was hoping you assholes would've beat us worse so that the -stains that coach our team would definitely be out." At that point no one cared a win would mean the Suck Through a Straw Bowl. We pretty much knew that Moral Victory U was going to win. But it is pretty sad that they didn't beat UT by more.
    So you mean, kinda like y'all's team that went to the MNC last year squeaked out a W in College Station. That goes both ways lol.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So you mean, kinda like y'all's team that went to the MNC last year squeaked out a W in College Station. That goes both ways lol.
    Winning by ten is squeaking out a win? Aggy logic.

Again, Texas fan to my knowledge isn't going around banging their chests over a seven point loss. That is an Aggy tradition. We wouldn't want to take that away from you. If anything, I would be super pissed if Aggy had won. That result would've stalled the changes on offensive we so desperately craved.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Things I learned:

UT still sucks
    A&M sucks for barely beating us
    Garrett isn't that bad, I still like him
    How did UT show up? They were present, given, but showing up? No. A&M is better, but not very good at all. 200 yards rushing by one persom and a 7 point win is nothing. At least you're stuck with Sherman for at least one more year.
    Though, to lee's credit, he admitted that this was "frustrating season-long venom" and was only half-serious.

Not to mention various horn fan buddies and co-workers of mine that've tried to "argue" that. Admittedly, all I've got to back that up is mere hearsay...

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Though, to lee's credit, he admitted that this was "frustrating season-long venom" and was only half-serious.

Not to mention various horn fan buddies and co-workers of mine that've tried to "argue" that. Admittedly, all I've got to back that up is mere hearsay...
    *shakes head, walks away ashamed*

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

Again, Texas fan to my knowledge isn't going around banging their chests over a seven point loss. That is an Aggy tradition. We wouldn't want to take that away from you. If anything, I would be super pissed if Aggy had won. That result would've stalled the changes on offensive we so desperately craved.
    Special teams was the ONLY real difference in last year's game. texas kickoff return + Aggie field goal miss from point blank = ten point win far closer than it looked. My point wasn't to "bang my chest" over margin of victory smack--it was to point out that in a rivalry game, I expect the lesser of the two teams to overachieve and make the game closer than it probably should be.

Special teams was the ONLY real difference in last year's game. texas kickoff return + Aggie field goal miss from point blank = ten point win far closer than it looked. My point wasn't to "bang my chest" over margin of victory smack--it was to point out that in a rivalry game, I expect the lesser of the two teams to overachieve and make the game closer than it probably should be.
    not just this, but if we go way back to 2006 & 2007, you'll notice an A&M team that beat a higher ranked t.u. squad. case closed.

further, kermit, thats exactly what (some) t.u. was doing at the game ( i was there). beating their chest since it was a close game and A&M did not win by more.

i could be wrong, but i think the last 50 in the rivalry is 26-24 A&M, including 3 of 5.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    So which is it, dip ? Did we get "taken behind the woodshed" both years or not? Can't have it both ways . Be glad JJ was at the helm and not RT.

This is the first year I've posted on the college board, but hardly because I think we "own" texas this year (provide a link to any thread where an Aggie made that assertion).
    rofl aren't you the that said you avoided sports message boards because of meanies like me

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    rofl aren't you the that said you avoided sports message boards because of meanies like me
    Nah I said I hadn't posted on the ST college message board cuz I was too busy to deal with straightening your out every goddamn time you post .

Tell me, mouth-breather--are you a "legend" or a "leader" now? Too busy laughing to look it up

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count

They are home of that kid who danced around celebrating a tackle while his team was losing 66-0 or some .

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    crofl here it is, and I was wrong. It was 77-0

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Nah I said I hadn't posted on the ST college message board cuz I was too busy to deal with straightening your out every goddamn time you post .

Tell me, mouth-breather--are you a "legend" or a "leader" now? Too busy laughing to look it up

oden is just like his screen name...a major bust in every way.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    not just this, but if we go way back to 2006 & 2007, you'll notice an A&M team that beat a higher ranked t.u. squad. case closed.

further, kermit, thats exactly what (some) t.u. was doing at the game ( i was there). beating their chest since it was a close game and A&M did not win by more.

i could be wrong, but i think the last 50 in the rivalry is 26-24 A&M, including 3 of 5.
    You are wrong but not far off. Last 50 games, (1961-2010) Texas 30-20. 3 out of the last 5 for the Ags but if you want to get that nitpicky I could say 2 out of the last 3 for the Horns.

The 60's and 70's were dominated by UT 16-4, the 80's and 90's the momentum switched to College Station, 13-7. The 00's were back in UT's hands 8-2.

Longest streaks during this time (1961-2010: Texas 6 (1961-66) and 2000-05), A&M, 6 (1984-89)

the just for JGW stat: 9 out of 10 for the Ags from 84-94..the lone UT win was 90.

And before any of you ....these stats were found and verified on aggieathletics.com and texassports.com

yeah...its a slow week at work.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    that makes sense. all i know is that while i was at a&m we never lost and from the time i even started following the ags (while in high school) they dominated the horns. then mack came, RC got old, the fran nightmare era came in and the longhorns started dominating. the last 5 years notwithstanding. so really as far as i care, it has been a pretty even series. i'm not really into the old SWC days when even rice had some relevance from time to time.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    To that point...since 1980, A&M 16 UT 14

All those stats are nice and for a stat geek like me they are fun to dig for but the only thing that matters is the here and now. Right now, Aggie has scoreboard.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    To that point...since 1980, A&M 16 UT 14

All those stats are nice and for a stat geek like me they are fun to dig for but the only thing that matters is the here and now. Right now, Aggie has scoreboard.
    Couldn't agree more--when it comes to rivalry series', I couldn't care less what the all-time record is, all that matters is who won the last game and the next scheduled meeting. Horns flat out owned the Ags for most of this past decade (some close losses notwithstanding--I expect every A&M/Texas game to be a hard-fought victory for the winning team, tbh). The tide appears to be turning back towards A&M again (college sports are so cyclical), but any success can be fleeting.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Well said. As odd as this sounds, I want A&M to be better. That makes Texas have to step up. The whole state wins when A&M and UT are doing well.

One for the Thumb
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    You can also look at last 10 years, and ags have how many national championships? How many BCS wins? And there ya go.

As for agg fan thumping their chest, that's fine, they won this season. I honestly see it as a sign of how much owenage we've had in the state of Texas and overall. When some teams beat us, they rush the field, the court, whatever. Teams don't really do that much when beating aggy, just sayin'.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I think the last time we Ags rushed any playing surface against y'all, it was the Acie Law game (before my time @ A&M, I know that much). Last time someone rushed the field against us was Baylor when they won in '04, I believe.

I really do believe, though, that many times rushing the field has to do with factors other than the opponent you're playing. Rushing the court after Acie's shot was fueled not only by the emotions of the rivalry game, but also the rise of Aggie hoops to some semblance of relevance (there was even a legitimate argument during the dark last years of Fran and first years of Sherman that A&M had become a bball school). Us rushing the field against Nebraska had very little to do with them being Nebraska or even a top ten team (A&M had just beaten OU the previous home game), and more with the fact that the Ags were on a winning streak late in the season for the first time in too long, the 12th Man factor at Kyle Field showed up in a historic way, and the Wrecking Crew had finally returned--well, for most Ags, anyway

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count

lol meet me at the spartan pit

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    lol meet me at the spartan pit
    I don't even live in San Antonio anymore . Why u mad?

You are wrong but not far off. Last 50 games, (1961-2010) Texas 30-20. 3 out of the last 5 for the Ags but if you want to get that nitpicky I could say 2 out of the last 3 for the Horns.

The 60's and 70's were dominated by UT 16-4, the 80's and 90's the momentum switched to College Station, 13-7. The 00's were back in UT's hands 8-2.

Longest streaks during this time (1961-2010: Texas 6 (1961-66) and 2000-05), A&M, 6 (1984-89)

the just for JGW stat: 9 out of 10 for the Ags from 84-94..the lone UT win was 90.

And before any of you ....these stats were found and verified on aggieathletics.com and texassports.com

yeah...its a slow week at work.

jesus, good call. i honestly heard the stat on the radio...wow. usually, i would look up that kind of thing on stassen.com, but i figured they were right. horrible. good work.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    No problemo...but the other stat i posted is more along the lines of what you said. Since 1980, A&M has a 2 game edge.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    What I would somewhat expect, from looking @ samikeyp's stats (great job on those, btw!), is for A&M to win the majority of the LoneStarShowdowns this next decade. However, this modern era is much more unstable than any other time in cfb history. Coaches that stay around more than 5-6 seasons are rare, and there is perhaps more parity now than at any other time in the history of the college game, BCS be damned. This series has been a series of runs for one team or the other, but what's possibly going to happen is A&M and Texas running off no more than 3 wins in a row over the other in the next decade (provided, of course, neither school lands a Cam Newton-like talent)

Thread Information