hope and change
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    an undefeated non-aq school had very little hope of getting into a BCS bowl.
    This year, a one loss non-aq team would have gotten an automatic bid if not for another undefeated non-aq.

Good times,

with tcu and utah out of the way, BSU should be going to more BCS bowls than any other team in the next decade or so

This year, a one loss non-aq team would have gotten an automatic bid if not for another undefeated non-aq.

Good times,

with tcu and utah out of the way, BSU should be going to more BCS bowls than any other team in the next decade or so

Congrats on the Jiffy Lube bowl.

lol losing to Nevada.

My Team
    Oklahoma State Cowboys
    Post Count
    With Boise being the last of those, they will be further scrutinized. Their conf just got remarkably worse, as did the non BCS in general. Everyone was ready to believe in Boise's chance for the BCS game and they choked it up against Nevada, a team that hasn't won a bowl game this decade.

There will always be some roadblock, Peterson won't stay there forever, and you didn't even win your conf this year.

If simply getting to a BCS game is your end-game, then that's why Boise will always be Boise - a team that is arguably pretty decent, but until they step up to a BCS conf and play Top 10 teams weekly (SEC, B10 & B12 all had at least one top 15 team that didn't even get to go to a BCS game) will always be looked at as one step below everyone else.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Good times,

With BYU, TCU, and Utah's exit, Boise State is coming into a conference very similar to the one their leaving. Fair, or not, Boise State will continue to struggle with their non AQ status. They might have to follow TCU's lead and switch to a BCS conference.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Yeah, the new MWC looks a lot like the old WAC. The move could be a little more lateral than people think.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count

hope and change
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    Yeah, the new MWC looks a lot like the old WAC. The move could be a little more lateral than people think.
    so? BSU was top 14 even out of the WAC this year, even with a loss. MWC will be slightly better.

but that's not the point of this thread, the point is how it keeps getting easier for non-AQs to crash the party, we've had what now? 7? in as many years?

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    so? BSU was top 14 even out of the WAC this year, even with a loss. MWC will be slightly better.

but that's not the point of this thread, the point is how it keeps getting easier for non-AQs to crash the party, we've had what now? 7? in as many years?
    No game outside the championship really counts though. That's the overriding point of the BCS. It will be nice if some non-AQ team makes the case for being in it -- maybe someday.

hope and change
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    No game outside the championship really counts though. That's the overriding point of the BCS. It will be nice if some non-AQ team makes the case for being in it -- maybe someday.
    Bama doesn't Choke against Auburn
    or
    Cal Kicker makes FG
    =
    Non-AQ in NCG

if anything, it's TOO easy and TOO possible

Thread Information