My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are they imploding yet?

Discuss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty soon they'll be talking about who can dethrone the Spurs in the West.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think timvp said it best when he (paraphrasing) said Lakers are worth their weight in mung.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when is kobe going to demand a trade...he always does once or twice a season since becoming the robyn

Soak In Your Own Blood BanditHiro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think timvp said it best when he (paraphrasing) said Lakers are worth their weight in mung.
    isn't he Lakaluva though?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    isn't he Lakaluva though?
    naturally

but the facts stand

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, they aren't, just going through a bad stretch. They have the same core of guys which are a year older and more exhausted.

Thank you, Tim Duncan! peskypesky's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they're going to have to make a big trade. they're in trouble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just hope they don't slump to the 4th or 5th seed.

Don't want to have to play these slugs in the 2nd round (assuming they make it that far). Would prefer to wipe them out in the Conference Finals. Payback for 2008.

Thank you, Tim Duncan! peskypesky's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just hope they don't slump to the 4th or 5th seed.

Don't want to have to play these slugs in the 2nd round (assuming they make it that far). Would prefer to wipe them out in the Conference Finals. Payback for 2008.
    i don't care when we play them. i just want to sit back and enjoy the carnage!

Ender's Teacher
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    take the lakers seriously. They don't care about the regular season. They're in a terribly weak division they should easily win and they don't need the hot start. All the lakers care about is having their affairs in order by april.
    +1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be interested in seeing a serious analysis of what's going on there by knowledgeable Laker Fan.

Little hope of that, though. Maybe DJ or Killakobe will wander up here.

Ender's Teacher
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be interested in seeing a serious analysis of what's going on there by knowledgeable Laker Fan.

Little hope of that, though. Maybe DJ or Killakobe will wander up here.
    I have a knowledgeable Laker fan friend that I text whenever we're playing each other. Maybe I can find out lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take the Lakers seriously. They don't care about the regular season. They're in a terribly weak division they should easily win and they don't need the hot start. All the Lakers care about is having their affairs in order by April.
    You'd have to buy into the theory of an on/off switch. That's the only way LA is gonna be the odds-on favorite everybody thought they would be come May.

Take a look at their recent losses. Blown out at home by the Bucks; again by the Heat after having a long rest; Spurs rolled them with Duncan/Ginobili having a bad game; utterly destroyed by the Grizz who played the previous night.

It can't just be effort. Other teams have improved to the point that they can beat LA now. Why would May be different assuming everyone is healthy and no trades are made. I'm not saying they'll be a pushover in a seven game series, but the fear is out the door. This Spurs team can knock them off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I personally don't understand the talks of the Lakers not playing great. They aren't playing well, and if the playlets started tomorrow they wouldn't be ready, but Bynum just got back, that changes a lot. The Lakers are still 23-11, that is a good record. If the Lakers were around the .500 mark then I could see cause for concern in lala land, but right now it is more about the lakers having a lack of interest.

Anyone remember the celtics last season? They looked completely done, but once the playoffs started they went into championship mode and made it to game 7 of the finals.

It'd be one thing for them to just be losing some games they shouldn't be. But they are getting annihilated by third-tier teams.

For the record, I'm not worried about them. Phil's teams have always been the exception to the flip-the-switch rule. Chances are they'll be right in there in the end. But on the other hand, you know everyone has to get old some time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I personally don't understand the talks of the Lakers not playing great. They aren't playing well, and if the playlets started tomorrow they wouldn't be ready, but Bynum just got back, that changes a lot. The Lakers are still 23-11, that is a good record. If the Lakers were around the .500 mark then I could see cause for concern in lala land, but right now it is more about the lakers having a lack of interest.

Anyone remember the celtics last season? They looked completely done, but once the playoffs started they went into championship mode and made it to game 7 of the finals.
    Agree. The Lakers were never unbeatable to begin with. They coasted to the Finals fairly easily last year and got lucky to beat the Celtics after Perkins went out, even though they had home court advantage. The Lakers are still one of the threats to win a championship this year with their current team. If Kobe is slipping, that makes them less invincible. But the bottome line is they have more or less the same team that has won the last two years, so let's wait till March to see how they're playing. They might make a trade, but I doing to see them going radical amd making a major move. They should replace Blake, but since I'm a Spurs fan I hope they keep him because he sucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe and Phil might be the only people who could make Melo STFU and play second fiddle. But I don't think it would be a cure-all, and I don't see the Lakers panicking like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While the thought of a Bryant/Melo/Gasol 2/3/4 line up is scary, I don't see the Lakera trading Bynum away, or any team wanting an injury prone big man, but Bynum would be the answer.
    Bynum and Nene would be a crazy frontline...too bad they wouldn't be healthy enough to ever see the floor at the same time

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Part of the problem? Kobe is playing 1 on 4. Some of the plays he scored on it was him backing down in the lane against 4 Memphis defenders.

I don't want to count them out, but they look HORRIBLE.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No if the Spurs were 20-12 or 22 and 10 we would still wonder WTF is wrong with them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Artest is hurting them right now. Fish we already knew, but Ron Ron makes it two starters not really doing much. That allows teams to crowd Kobe and Gasol.
    Odom is not playing well either, and the rest of the bench has been garbage. Even Brown who was shooting lights out early in the season can't make a shot.

Kobe trying to be the man when everyone else is sucking doesn't help either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we just destroyed their swagger

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Artest is hurting them right now. Fish we already knew, but Ron Ron makes it two starters not really doing much. That allows teams to crowd Kobe and Gasol.
    Odom is not playing well either, and the rest of the bench has been garbage. Even Brown who was shooting lights out early in the season can't make a shot.

Kobe trying to be the man when everyone else is sucking doesn't help either.

Yeah Shannon Brown was what, 1 of 6 1 of 7?

Artest I didn't see him at ALL in the 4th.

Unreal. Its like they all rapidly aged over the summer...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who knew Jordan Farmar was the key all along?

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take the Lakers seriously. They don't care about the regular season. They're in a terribly weak division they should easily win and they don't need the hot start. All the Lakers care about is having their affairs in order by April.
    This isn't just the Lakers coasting. They're simply not capable of beating athletic, fast teams. Run on these losers and they fold. Teams don't get younger as the season goes along. The Lakers are old and slow.

Thread Information