Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    because you're only in your early twenties while in college once? because money did not lure him away? i applaud him. perhaps, he does not want what you want, for him.

its beautiful, really.
    It's not beautiful, it's ing dumb.

Passing on the money is stupid no matter how you spin it. If he is as smart as his education indicates, then he knows that he is gambling the future of not only himself...but of his children, his children's children, etc. Sure, he's going to have a degree and will likely make a good living...but potentially throwing away immediate financial security for his family for generations to come? Not very smart.

Post Count
    Money isn't the first priority of every single player. He's still going to make plenty of money finishing school and he can hang up his degree and have something to be proud of along with his athletic performances.
    Why not get the money first, then go back and get the degree second?

My Team
    Michigan Wolverines
    Post Count
    In all likelihood, it has. Especially with the new CBA that will almost surely rookies contracts.

Why do you want to graduate from a prestigious university? Pride, sure. But money is a huge factor. Also, he can ALWAYS go back and finish school after he makes tens if not a hundred plus million in the NFL.
    I agree, I think he could have came out and still gone back to school if he wanted...He will lose millions and possibly lose stock in the next draft if he gets hurt or has a sub-par season...

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I agree, I think he could have came out and still gone back to school if he wanted...He will lose millions and possibly lose stock in the next draft if he gets hurt or has a sub-par season...
    yeah, but then he's miss all the beautiful frat parties and playng beautiful Madden 2012 with his beautiful college roommates....

you can't put a price tag on those memories.......too beautiful.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    why is sisk so butthurt about Luck stylin?
    He would be stylin' if he listened to most posters in this thread, imho
    Last edited by Sisk; 01-08-2011 at 05:58 PM.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    yeah, but then he's miss all the beautiful frat parties and playng beautiful Madden 2012 with his beautiful college roommates....

you can't put a price tag on those memories.......too beautiful.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    because you're only in your early twenties while in college once? because money did not lure him away? i applaud him. perhaps, he does not want what you want, for him.

its beautiful, really.

+1

Good decision, respect for that.

Post Count
    I decided I wouldn't go to work today because I wanted to spend a day with my kid. Sure, maybe I'm jeopardizing my job, my ability to provide for my children and all that, but I just wanted to enjoy a day with my son today, taking a walk with him, holding his hand.

Isn't that beautiful?

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    Wow people. It isn't like Luck is a broke kid trying to help lift his family out of the ghetto. His Dad was an NFL Quarterback, former GM of a team and the AD of WVU. They have plenty of money, and Luck will make plenty more AND get to finish his degree from ing Stanford.

50 million is great, but its not going to buy you much better than 15 will. Maybe Luck realizes he only needs so much money, and the rest is gravy. But you can't buy back years of school while you are young, living the good life and being a campus God.

Post Count
    Wow people. It isn't like Luck is a broke kid trying to help lift his family out of the ghetto. His Dad was an NFL Quarterback, former GM of a team and the AD of WVU. They have plenty of money, and Luck will make plenty more AND get to finish his degree from ing Stanford.

50 million is great, but its not going to buy you much better than 15 will. Maybe Luck realizes he only needs so much money, and the rest is gravy. But you can't buy back years of school while you are young, living the good life and being a campus God.
    If I was looking for a QB to be the captain of my team, I'd probably pick the guy who wanted to take on the life of an NFL player, rather than one who wanted to go back to college.

Che cazzo stai dicendo? DisgruntledLionFan#54,927's Avatar
    Post Count
    50 million is great, but its not going to buy you much better than 15 will.
    Since when?

Dumb ing decision. And he's going to get drilled in his NFL interviews for it.

Football doesn't seem to be a top priority, which is great on the whole but a disaster waiting to happen in the pro game.

EDIT: And he doesn't even need the degree. I'm willing to bet he could land a cushy position in almost every top flight firm in the country by 8 AM Monday.
    Last edited by DisgruntledLionFan#54,927; 01-07-2011 at 07:45 PM.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    But you can't buy back years of school while you are young, living the good life and being a campus God.
    what will he do this last year at school that he can't do in the pros

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    what will he do this last year at school that he can't do in the pros
    more co-eds. He obviously doesn't give a a out the money or the NFL. He's going to have a degree from the best school in the country; I'm guessing that architectural engineering isn't that easy. He will still be the number one pick and he might have a Heisman to boot. What's with all the butthurt?

My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    more co-eds. He obviously doesn't give a a out the money or the NFL. He's going to have a degree from the best school in the country; I'm guessing that architectural engineering isn't that easy. He will still be the number one pick and he might have a Heisman to boot. What's with all the butthurt?
    It's his prerogative to not go into the draft. But it's anybody's right to call him stupid for doing so. Apparently young multi-millionaire NFL players don't have the cache to co-eds...

I respect him wanting to get his degree. It's been said several times here that he can still get it even if he went to the NFL. He can't take summer classes, and guess what he can co-eds in the summer. He may still go #1 in 2012 but it's no guarantee. That's why when you're offered a present of about $50 million guaranteed you take it. Sure he can still make a fine living if he never goes to the NFL. But $50 million can have your family and your kids set for life. While one career ending injury in a dangerous sport can take away that possibility.

You can call it admirable or beautiful, but it's still a stupid decision. People aren't butthurt over his decision. We're astonished at his stupidity.

you fail at trollin' me TheMACHINE's Avatar
    My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    No yoga party is worth 50 million.

Good luck trying to be the best next year without your offensive line, coach and his assistants.

Dumb move imo. But hey, Im just a greedy sob who would take 50 million.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Question:

Why do you get a college degree?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    No yoga party is worth 50 million.
    lol yoga party

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies