Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Discuss.

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    Why? Because he doesn't want to play for Carolina?

My Team
    Maryland Terrapins
    Post Count
    Oh the delicious irony of this thread...

I agree he should have come out, but choosing to graduate from one of the most prestigious academic ins utions in the country hardly qualifies him as an idiot. I just hope this doesn't cost him millions down the line.

My Team
    Michigan Wolverines
    Post Count
    Eli Manning proved that Luck wouldn't have to play for Carolina.

because you're only in your early twenties while in college once? because money did not lure him away? i applaud him. perhaps, he does not want what you want, for him.

its beautiful, really.

My Team
    Columbia Lions
    Post Count

I agree he should have come out, but choosing to graduate from one of the most prestigious academic ins utions in the country hardly qualifies him as an idiot. I just hope this doesn't cost him millions down the line.
    I agree with this.

But I think he'll still make millions down the line -- unless he suffers a truly disabling injury, he's got enough of a track record to warrant a team taking him with a high pick in the 2012 draft. Sam Bradford's success with St. Louis after suffering a season-ending injury that required surgical repair shows me that teams are less and less scared by those sorts of injuries, particularly in quarterbacks.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

In all likelihood, it has. Especially with the new CBA that will almost surely rookies contracts.

Why do you want to graduate from a prestigious university? Pride, sure. But money is a huge factor. Also, he can ALWAYS go back and finish school after he makes tens if not a hundred plus million in the NFL.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Sam Bradford. Rams.

Matt Ryan. Falcons.

My Team
    Michigan Wolverines
    Post Count
    because you're only in your early twenties while in college once? because money did not lure him away? i applaud him. perhaps, he does not want what you want, for him.

its beautiful, really.
    Honorable, admirable, beautiful. All those things.

His decision can be all those things, and he can still be an idiot for potentially passing on tens of millions of dollars.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Eli Manning proved that Luck wouldn't have to play for Carolina.
    so did former Stanford alum Elway, iirc.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    In all likelihood, it has. Especially with the new CBA that will almost surely rookies contracts.

Why do you want to graduate from a prestigious university? Pride, sure. But money is a huge factor. Also, he can ALWAYS go back and finish school after he makes tens if not a hundred plus million in the NFL.
    He can also wait one more year, get his degree, and still get in his money in the NFL.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    He can also wait one more year, get his degree, and still get in his money in the NFL.
    While you could be right, the odds are you're wrong. The CBA will almost certainly lower his guaranteed money and overall contract as a drafted rookie. He'll still make a killing I'm sure, but not anywhere near what he could've. Look at Jake Locker last year.. he came back and lowered his draft stock because he was almost certainly not raising it.

All this without even mentioning injury.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

His decision can be all those things, and he can still be an idiot for potentially passing on tens of millions of dollars.
    My point exactly.

and yet, he isn't for said reasons. its his life. further, he'll make plenty of money...jake locker said it best.

Post Count
    When the choice is

a) make millions of dollars guaranteed, even if you suck worse than Ryan Leaf

OR

b) finish college at a prestigious school

Then you're an idiot if you don't choose B.

"OMG! I WANT TO FINISH COLLEGE! COLLEGE LIFE ROCKS!"

What happens if you break your arm, bright guy? If I were his economics teacher, I'd flunk him as soon as I saw him step into my class.

Post Count

its beautiful, really.
    Because you only have a chance to make millions upon millions of dollars as a first round pick once. Bceause you're throwing it away to enjoy one more year of "college life". Because you never know what might happen with one fluke accident.

I'll laugh if he gets injured. Stupid kid.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    When the choice is

a) make millions of dollars guaranteed, even if you suck worse than Ryan Leaf

OR

Then you're an idiot if you don't choose B.

"OMG! I WANT TO FINISH COLLEGE! COLLEGE LIFE ROCKS!"

What happens if you break your arm, bright guy? If I were his economics teacher, I'd flunk him as soon as I saw him step into my class.
    He's got injury insurance (Lloyd's I believe), he'll be fine. With the lockout looming, this may not be the best year to come out anyway.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    when the choice is

a) make millions of dollars guaranteed, even if you suck worse than ryan leaf

or

then you're an idiot if you don't choose a.

"omg! I want to finish college! College life rocks!"

what happens if you break your arm, bright guy? If i were his economics teacher, i'd flunk him as soon as i saw him step into my class.

fify.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    He's got injury insurance (Lloyd's I believe), he'll be fine. With the lockout looming, this may not be the best year to come out anyway.
    For how much? 5? Maybe 10? (doubt it)

50 > 10

50 > 5

, even if it's both combined

50 > 15

Post Count
    Blah!

Thanks.

Post Count
    That's why he should apply NOW, before the lockout and rookie pay scale kicks in.

Money isn't the first priority of every single player. He's still going to make plenty of money finishing school and he can hang up his degree and have something to be proud of along with his athletic performances.

My Team
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Post Count
    why is sisk so butthurt about Luck stylin?

Post Count
    Money isn't the first priority of every single player. He's still going to make plenty of money finishing school and he can hang up his degree and have something to be proud of along with his athletic performances.
    Or he could make a ton of cash now, guaranteed...

I'm pretty sure they allow you to finish college later, if you want, tbh

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    DD must be pretty happy the Bills didn't get the #1 pick

Thread Information