My Team
    LSU Tigers
    Post Count
    sons he will be missed. good coach, nice man, and always entertaining interviews. here are a few of my favorites ...

Good looking women entering the room & eating grass

Best halftime interview ever

Les on Erin Andrews

I'm busy, have a great day!

I don't read books!

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    Is he really gone?

are you happy?

why?

Dude won games consistently son, he'll forever regret leaving LSU

My Team
    LSU Tigers
    Post Count
    Is he really gone?

are you happy?

why?

Dude won games consistently son, he'll forever regret leaving LSU
    what in this post would suggest that I am happy if/when he leaves? ... of course I want him to stay, but I'm willing to bet 90% he is leaving. hopefully I'm wrong. funny clips though

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    what in this post would suggest that I am happy if/when he leaves? ... of course I want him to stay, but I'm willing to bet 90% he is leaving. hopefully I'm wrong. funny clips though
    Well Br, i completely agree that he should stay, and you've been consistent in that.

Why leave for the desolate Big-whateverthe ?

You're in the SEC at a top-flight program

You'll never be able to recruit the same kids @ Michigan

You'll probably be curbstomped by sweater-vest for the forseeable future

BR, is it as bad as it sounds, the reports of most of the LSU fan-base being anti-Miles?

My Team
    LSU Tigers
    Post Count
    Well Br, i completely agree that he should stay, and you've been consistent in that.

Why leave for the desolate Big-whateverthe ?

You're in the SEC at a top-flight program

You'll never be able to recruit the same kids @ Michigan

You'll probably be curbstomped by sweater-vest for the forseeable future

BR, is it as bad as it sounds, the reports of most of the LSU fan-base being anti-Miles?
    I think the fan base is more so in favor of Miles. I would say its probably about 70/30 in his favor. A lot of people jumped on the bandwagon of bashing him after the Ole Miss/Clock Management issue last season, but I think most of them let that go when LSU started 7-0 this season. I have absolutely no problem questioning the decisions of a head coach at any level, but some people around here are just downright ignorant with it. The number 1 excuse is "Les Miles is just lucky" ... ok that is true, but what successful coach in any sport hasn't had some luck? Also at what point does it become "balls" instead of luck? ... Miles has a long history of rolling the dice and in most cases with it paying off.

Regardless the facts don't lie and Miles has by far been the most successful head coach in LSU history and over the last 6 years has been one of the most successful coaches in the entire country.

My Team
    LSU Tigers
    Post Count
    oh and as far as "why" he may want to leave ...

1. He is from there

2. Maybe he feels complete at LSU?

3. It will be a far easier task playing against less talented teams, but Michigan still get media hype just like THE Ohio State (aka THE 1-9 team vs SEC in bowl games)

4. Maybe he knows something we don't know about LSU being under investigation

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    I think the fan base is more so in favor of Miles. I would say its probably about 70/30 in his favor. A lot of people jumped on the bandwagon of bashing him after the Ole Miss/Clock Management issue last season, but I think most of them let that go when LSU started 7-0 this season. I have absolutely no problem questioning the decisions of a head coach at any level, but some people around here are just downright ignorant with it. The number 1 excuse is "Les Miles is just lucky" ... ok that is true, but what successful coach in any sport hasn't had some luck? Also at what point does it become "balls" instead of luck? ... Miles has a long history of rolling the dice and in most cases with it paying off.

Regardless the facts don't lie and Miles has by far been the most successful head coach in LSU history and over the last 6 years has been one of the most successful coaches in the entire country.
    A great post, one in which I completely agree

I, for one, am an admirer of his coaching style/ I liked Tuberville for the same reason: A willingness to gamble and do the unpopular thing.

The winning column is unquestionable, and Les has filled it up at a premiere football school.

He leaves at his peril

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    Auburn got to take home all the Tos os.

My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    Wrong thread. So what, though. That was the quote of 2011. Quote of forever.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    Auburn got to take home all the Tos os.
    I'll help

My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    All of them.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    That Tos os comment was hilarious...but my fave of the night is proof that education means very little in the SEC...

"I don't want nobody to feel sorry for me, because throughout this year didn't nobody feel sorry for Auburn," -$180,000

My Team
    Michigan Wolverines
    Post Count
    ESPN reports Les Miles is staying at LSU

My Team
    LSU Tigers
    Post Count

Thread Information