Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    you fail at trollin' me TheMACHINE's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So, Lakers are team of the decade and Kobe is player of the decade. Makes sense to me.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LOL Make one for Duncan too ...

Greatest player of a half century ... in the 2000's ...

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I remember when we had that discussion about when the decade actually began & ended. That idiot Chump Dumper was citing Galileo in Wikipedia.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I remember when we had that discussion about when the decade actually began & ended. That idiot Chump Dumper was citing Galileo in Wikipedia.
    LOL that was hilarious whatever happened to that prick?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL that was hilarious whatever happened to that prick?
    Locked up by the church last I heard...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LOL
    I bet 75% of this forum did not get it ...kudos!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok so I guess if TNT folks are golden Spurs are the 2nd best team in Texas ... LOL
    That was just Charles, and the others disagreed. He still could be right though. Had Dirk and Butler not gone down, they could be leading the league right now.
    Taking the TNT crew at their word ... ROFL ..
    Taking MJ at his.... ROFL

I'll take EJ over any player's word.
    Chuck: "i bet everything i have. No way Cavs are beating the Celtics. Lebron is a stud." ROFL ..chuck the prophet.
    No way the Cavs are beating the Celtics? Sounds right to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL
    I bet 75% of this forum did not get it ...kudos!
    You know Chump Dumper did, he researched it!

I actually laughed before I posted it... (money is in the mail for that opening btw).

Warder to the Maiden Fair Yorae's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RapeCount:

Kobe:1 (Mentor: MJ)
    Neal:1(Mentor:ZOD)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And that's the end of the thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    horry >>>>>>>>>> kolby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dewayne Schintzus > Pau

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luc Longley > Pau

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is so true and consistent with SI as Duncan as player of the decade ( http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...hts/index.html )- revisionists of NBA history talk about Kobe dominating the decade when he was:

1) not considered even the best player on his team for 3-4 years and at only widely regarded as the best player in the league less than 1/3 of the decade (at best).
    2) had his team miss the playoffs without Shaq
    3) did not return his team to the finals sans one of the most nebulous trades in NBA history with Gasol/Odom/Bynum all coming on strong.
    4) career and playoff records both trail on percentage basis Duncan's.
    5) never was considered a player who made others better until late in his career and even that is somewhat debatable vs. Duncan's wide acclaim in that regard.

It is either Shaq or Duncan (the consensus best players on 6 of the decades le teams) - Bryant does not deserve serious consideration.

SI made the right call:

PLAYER OF THE DECADE: Tim Duncan, San Antonio Spurs
    The greatest power forward in NBA history, Duncan was the reason San Antonio became the only team to make the playoffs every year of the decade. He was the most valuable team player of his era, an active defender who chased pick-and-rolls out to the three-point line and yet hustled back to protect the rim and control the boards. Offensively, the Spurs played through him as a passer in the post, and his dependable mid-range jumper off the backboard will be part of his highlight reel when he checks into Springfield.

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Fine, you turdhounds can have Best of the Decade. I'm taking:::

Kobe: 5

Duncan & Daddy: 4

Believe.
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    that is so true and consistent with si as duncan as player of the decade ( http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...hts/index.html )- revisionists of nba history talk about kobe dominating the decade when he was:

1) not considered even the best player on his team for 3-4 years and at only widely regarded as the best player in the league less than 1/3 of the decade (at best).
    2) had his team miss the playoffs without shaq
    3) did not return his team to the finals sans one of the most nebulous trades in nba history with gasol/odom/bynum all coming on strong.
    4) career and playoff records both trail on percentage basis duncan's.
    5) never was considered a player who made others better until late in his career and even that is somewhat debatable vs. Duncan's wide acclaim in that regard.

It is either shaq or duncan (the consensus best players on 6 of the decades le teams) - bryant does not deserve serious consideration.

Si made the right call:

Player of the decade: Tim duncan, san antonio spurs
    the greatest power forward in nba history, duncan was the reason san antonio became the only team to make the playoffs every year of the decade. He was the most valuable team player of his era, an active defender who chased pick-and-rolls out to the three-point line and yet hustled back to protect the rim and control the boards. Offensively, the spurs played through him as a passer in the post, and his dependable mid-range jumper off the backboard will be part of his highlight reel when he checks into springfield.
    +1

Believe.
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count

Kobe as the 1st option=2

Duncan as the 1st option=4

Shaq as the 1st option=3

Simple math there Culby.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That is so true and consistent with SI as Duncan as player of the decade ( http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...hts/index.html )- revisionists of NBA history talk about Kobe dominating the decade when he was:

2) had his team miss the playoffs without Shaq
    3) did not return his team to the finals sans one of the most nebulous trades in NBA history with Gasol/Odom/Bynum all coming on strong.
    4) career and playoff records both trail on percentage basis Duncan's.

It is either Shaq or Duncan (the consensus best players on 6 of the decades le teams) - Bryant does not deserve serious consideration.

SI made the right call:

PLAYER OF THE DECADE: Tim Duncan, San Antonio Spurs
    The greatest power forward in NBA history, Duncan was the reason San Antonio became the only team to make the playoffs every year of the decade. He was the most valuable team player of his era, an active defender who chased pick-and-rolls out to the three-point line and yet hustled back to protect the rim and control the boards. Offensively, the Spurs played through him as a passer in the post, and his dependable mid-range jumper off the backboard will be part of his highlight reel when he checks into Springfield.
    LOL of course you can make an argument for any of the 3 but shaq would be the one taken out if you were gonna make a credible argument. Kobe won les in the Pippen/McHale/Worthy role and in the MJ/Duncan/Shaq role. Yes he had help all champions do. His career arc is most like Magic's TBH ...

For the first few les even though Magic was the catalyst Kareem was the star (scoring/rebounding/clutch) for the Lakers ... (much like shaq minus the clutch)

then starting in '85 but ESPECIALLY by the back to back les, Magic's role shifted and he was the Alpha male of those teams. Despite this Magic was still named the player of the decade by Sporting News etc. Factoring ALL of his rings ...

The last decade was not dominated by one team so I can see why votes are split. Shaq was the most dominating early duncan in the middle. But there was only player winning les to start and close the decade. That is why Kobe is the choice. But I respect the duncan argument not shaq he is third ...

if decade ended in 2006 it would of been shaq first, Tim 2nd and kobe Third ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    S.I. had their vote: Duncan
    Snews: Kobe

Besides TNT analysts who chose Shaq?

jthelps.wordpress.com
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    lol lebron james being there

guy only has 7 years of this decade.

hype never dies.

jthelps.wordpress.com
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    KG being last on that list made me a little disappointed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

In other words you can't dispute facts, so go with the old cully one liner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq won les with 2 teams even though Wade was the key factor he has a legit claim as well IMO. He still averaged 19 and 9 on the le team so he had 3 les as the primary man and 1 as the 2nd. Kobe had 3 les as 2nd, 1-2 as first. Duncan had either 3-4 as the primary man depending on how you count the decade. Duncan and Shaq had three finals MVPs and Duncan also had two MVPs with Shaq winning in 99-00 and Bryant in 07-8

http://www.nba.com/history/awards_mvp.html

http://www.nba.com/history/finalsmvps.html

(Notice how the site defends Kobe's selection for the finals MVP without mentioning he shot 6 for 24 - Shaq's 2002 performance was unreal as was Duncan's 2003 performance, especially his near quadruple double in the clincher.)

Honestly even Bryant has a case but his is by far the weakest as I do not believe either a Shaq led or Duncan led team or even any team they have been on has missed the playoffs. However from 00-01 -09-10 Bryant did to be fair have more first team NBA selections but also one 2nd and one 3rd team.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-NBA...389_to_present

Bryant 8/1/1 Shaq 6/0/1 Duncan 6/3/1

However if you chose to start the decade with 99-00 then Duncan and Shaq each pick up one more first place selection and Kobe was not selected and Kobe drops back into a tie with them with 7 first place votes for that distinctioni.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-NBA...389_to_present

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/...ew-decade.html
    Last edited by Rummpd; 01-26-2011 at 05:10 PM.

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    In other words you can't dispute facts, so go with the old cully one liner.
    Exactly.

Would you switch with me if you could, jj? Say Duncan & Daddy were ahead of Kobe:::

Duncan & Daddy: 5

Kobe: 4

And the TNT crew gave Kobe best of the decade designation.

That's what I thought. Most of the time on querys just switch it and you'll be right as the mail.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly.

Would you switch with me if you could, jj? Say Duncan & Daddy were ahead of Kobe:::

Duncan & Daddy: 5

Kobe: 4

And the TNT crew gave Kobe best of the decade designation.

That's what I thought. Most of the time on querys just switch it and you'll be right as the mail.
    No, i would never switch with you. Loyal till the end. No speculation needed.

Thread Information