My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I've heard reports saying that Detroit may buy him out. I also have heard the Mavs would definitely pursue.

Mavs fans/followers - thoughts?

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    I would do it for the right price. I think he would help. Team seems to be too reliant on JET.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    interesting prospect. a little old, but definitely can score. hasnt seemed to be that efficient the past year or two, but it may be a result of being unmotivated on a non-contender. Could playing with Kidd and Dirk help him get back to being more efficient like he once was? There is no question that these two guys are about as good as it gets in helping to get other guys wide open jumpers, and there isnt many better in the NBA at running around to get as open as possible for these jumpers and knocking them down quickly.

Then again, maybe he truly is washed up. I am not sure because I haven't seen him much the past couple years. Perhaps Piston fans could provide more light on whether he really seems washed up, or just seems disinterested.

GRANT HILL!
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    there is 0 chance he will be bought out by the pistons .

/thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd be a 100x better acquisition for Dallas than Peja...

frodo
    interesting prospect. a little old, but definitely can score. hasnt seemed to be that efficient the past year or two, but it may be a result of being unmotivated on a non-contender. Could playing with Kidd and Dirk help him get back to being more efficient like he once was? There is no question that these two guys are about as good as it gets in helping to get other guys wide open jumpers, and there isnt many better in the NBA at running around to get as open as possible for these jumpers and knocking them down quickly.

Then again, maybe he truly is washed up. I am not sure because I haven't seen him much the past couple years. Perhaps Piston fans could provide more light on whether he really seems washed up, or just seems disinterested.
    not really. it ain't a Rip Hamilton style of player da mavs need imo instead dey need someone who creates shots for himself. in offense Rip da is more of a cheap shooter so hes naturally not da playa mavs need and i don't think dis can beat down the opposing team "quickly". what u talked about sound prety much like da prime version of him imho. s still a solid defender though but ain't being a better D option then stevenson imho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be a no brainer for anyone if he's bought out. But I don't see that happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's got a lot of guaranteed dough in his contract... a buy out would be pretty expensive for Detroit...

frodo
    It would be a no brainer for anyone if he's bought out. But I don't see that happening.
    sure a good signin if signed for minimum but i don't see dat accepting a minimum. has a ring so he ain't coattailing like a like da 06 payton, a mid-level should be necessary to get his service if he's bought out imho.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    there is 0 chance he will be bought out by the pistons .

/thread
    The thing about the two years left on Rip's contract is that the last year is only partially guaranteed, I believe at 1/4 the cost. So the 2012-13 salary is not actually worth $12.6 million, but rather about $3.2 million. Now that's still a lot of money the Pistons would have to pay to buy him out. But, it's closer to about $15-16 rather than $25 million on the remainder of his deal they'd have to negotiate a buyout down from.

While the sale of the team is still pending, I wouldn't say there's a 0% chance he gets bought out. But it is still very unlikely, especially until the team is sold.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    it's called FAKE NEWS dummy.

Thread Information