Page 76 of 160 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 3999
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    He's been in the doghouse since the start of the season and hasn't been practicing recently also. He's the 4th RB on the depth chart right now but has a good chance to play next year once Cyrus leaves. Unfortunate.

Look for A&M to offer Blinn JUCO Marion Grice soon IMO.
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n-Grice-119939

Per Hook 'Em 24/7, a name to keep an eye on during the fall evaluation period is ATH Daje Johnson of Pflugerville Hendrickson. He committed to TCU back in March and was kind of a no-name at the time, but his stock rose a lot after he attended The Opening in Oregon during the summer. He was a combine monster as he recorded a 4.34 at that time.

Good news on Johnson is he's not at all closed off to the idea of playing DB (even though he currently plays RB) because he realizes that could be his ticket to the NFL (his father played DB in the pros). We can expect Duane Akina to attend one or two of his games in the upcoming weeks. He's currently in the process of scheduling official visits and it sounds like he'll be in Lubbock the weekend of October 8th-9th and will make a trip to Cal the weekend of December 2nd-4th. His visit to TCU is still up in the air. He's made it clear that he wants to hear from Texas and it sounded like he'd have a hard time saying "no" if he were offered.

“I’m hoping to hear from the University of Texas, but I haven’t yet. I would really consider Texas like the others.”

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...Johnson-123363

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMDIh2uL-5s
    Awesome news on Daje Johnson. Could be a big time late bloomer.

Rumor out there that A&M RB Mister Jones is set to transfer because of disciplinary reasons.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...er-Jones-88820
    With a first name like Mister, you'd think he was a perfect gentleman.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    A&M got a commit from 2012 SG Alex Caruso. #2 commit for Billy Kennedy and the 2012 class.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballre...WtEHi3nJzVO5B4

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quick update on 2013 QB J.T. Barrett of Wichita Falls Rider...he's been invited to the last two UT home games but was unable to attend. Since he camped at UT in June, he's received two hand-written letters from Bryan Harsin letting him know that he's in the mix for that first QB offer in his class. Here are some recent quotes from him about his recruitment:

"I'd probably say my top five right now, from most to least, would probably be Texas, Oregon, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and I'd probably say Oklahoma St.," Barrett said.

"Texas, this summer I went to one of their camps and I worked out with coach Harsin. I've been there so I know what the coaches are like. I kind of have a feel for it.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...Barrett-129208

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Mario Edwards article --

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/re...medium=twitter

"I let Florida State know that other teams are interested in me, and that I want to continue to look around," Edwards said. "But Florida State is still my team, my No. 1 team."

Edwards said Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher and assistant Lawrence Dawsey initially bristled when he told them of his plans. Now? They understand the situation, according to Edwards.

While OU ranks as the top option to unseat Florida State, Edwards said he'd also like to visit LSU, Southern California and perhaps Texas.
    "I feel like I earned the right to look around," he said.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I think Edwards is a lot like OT John Theus in the sense that the staff never strays too far and keeps in constant contact. Great recruiting job if they can get him on campus before the end of the year. Texas would do themselves a favor in a lot of ways by beating OU.

Quick update on 2013 QB J.T. Barrett of Wichita Falls Rider...he's been invited to the last two UT home games but was unable to attend. Since he camped at UT in June, he's received two hand-written letters from Bryan Harsin letting him know that he's in the mix for that first QB offer in his class. Here are some recent quotes from him about his recruitment:

"I'd probably say my top five right now, from most to least, would probably be Texas, Oregon, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and I'd probably say Oklahoma St.," Barrett said.

"Texas, this summer I went to one of their camps and I worked out with coach Harsin. I've been there so I know what the coaches are like. I kind of have a feel for it.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...Barrett-129208
    Barrett is interesting. Two handwritten letters from Harsin shows sincere interest. I personally like Swoopes better, but Hook Em 247 is really championing Barrett. It's probably down to Swoopes and Barrett for the 2013 QB spot.

I think it's possible that Texas takes 2 QBs in 2013, but i think it's one or the other for Swoopes and Barrett. I don't think the Texas coaches could convince both Swoopes and Barrett to come in together in the same class.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Barrett is interesting. Two handwritten letters from Harsin shows sincere interest. I personally like Swoopes better, but Hook Em 247 is really championing Barrett. It's probably down to Swoopes and Barrett for the 2013 QB spot.

I think it's possible that Texas takes 2 QBs in 2013, but i think it's one or the other for Swoopes and Barrett. I don't think the Texas coaches could convince both Swoopes and Barrett to come in together in the same class.
    I just don't see how the staff is going to pass on Swoopes. The other thing is neither of those guys will have to play right away unless BOTH Ash/McCoy or Brewer fail to take over the team. Can't wait for the 2013 class.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Just an FYI that ATH Kendall Sanders of Athens is scheduled to make an official visit to Notre Dame on the weekend of October 8th-9th. The Irish are recruiting him as DB/ATH. He still says he's open to LSU and Texas if they offer.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Just wanted to mention to keep an eye on OL John Theus' recruitment. Things will get interesting when/if Georgia's head coach, Mark Richt, is fired in the next few weeks. His seat will be really hot should Georgia lose to South Carolina this weekend (and they probably will). It's worth noting that Stacy Searels continues to speak with the Theus family every week. Even if Theus re-opens his recruitment, I think he'll look at schools like Florida that are closer to home first. A lot may also depend on what his older brother (who currently plays for Georgia) decides to do.
    Following up on this post from last Friday...Stacy Searels called Theus on Wednesday night of this week and there's already talk about an official visit to Texas and Mark Richt hasn't even lost his job yet. I think UT would like to get Theus to campus in December for the team's banquet weekend (which is traditionally a big recruiting weekend as well), but he may visit Austin earlier than that during the fall. He also wants to see Notre Dame at some point. Here are some quotes from Theus' father about his son's recruitment:

"But he told us that he did talk to coach Searels yesterday. He may possibly take an official to (Texas)."

"He really does have a good relationship with coach Searels. He feels like he could call on Thursday and want to come in on Saturday and they could make it happen," Mr. Theus said. "It's more than just a coach and a recruit. They're more like friends."

"I'll say this. Texas is in contact and he has been taking their calls. There are a lot of schools who he doesn't take calls from if that tells you anything."

"If something were to happen and if John would reconsider - and it probably doesn't even need to be a coaching change - there's no doubt Texas would be up there," Mr. Theus said.

The bold part is the most interesting to me and confirms that they're already looking around. There have been rumors in the past that Theus' brother, Nathan, wasn't all that happy at UGA, but there's nothing solid to back that up. If Theus does decide to decommit from Georgia, I think UT and Florida are the top two for his services.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    DE Torshiro Davis of Shreveport Woodlawn spoke with Bo Davis last night and he told him that he will be in Dallas for Texas/OU as a guest of the Longhorns. He'll be in attendance with his high school coach and mother. It's important to remember that Bo has a good relationship with Torshiro's high school coach as they've been friends for a while, but Torshiro's mother will be a tough one to crack. She wants her son at LSU for the most part. He has no official visits set up at this time, but Alabama, LSU, OU and Texas will each receive one as of today.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Some other recruiting notes...

**Don't be surprised if the staff decides to pursue a second QB in the 2012 class. Lots of talk about that lately with Garrett Gilbert losing his job.

**Another rumor out there that UT has finally gotten their foot in the door with 2013 LB Paul Whitmill of Bastrop after his visit to campus for the Rice game. He's been a big OU fan for a while but left Austin impressed. The Longhorns are thought to be a player at this point but still have work to do.

**UT is currently the favorite for both 2013 DB Antwuan Davis of Bastrop (who will surely help with the recruitment of Whitmill) and 2013 OL/DL A'Shawn Robinson of Forth Worth Arlington Heights.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Had to show you guys this article. An Arkansas high school team goes up 29-0 before their opponent can even run their first play. Never seen anything like it.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/b...hschool-wp5870

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Had to show you guys this article. An Arkansas high school team goes up 29-0 before their opponent can even run their first play. Never seen anything like it.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/b...hschool-wp5870
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ski/index.html

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau....htm?eref=sisf

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I want to say I saw this team play on ESPN against RB Michael Dyer last year when he was a senior in high school. They did an onside kick almost every time but didn't recover it nearly as often as in those videos. Pretty incredible.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

just curious, is this a regular thing at UT?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

All In, All Out.
    My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    Just an FYI that ATH Kendall Sanders of Athens is scheduled to make an official visit to Notre Dame on the weekend of October 8th-9th. The Irish are recruiting him as DB/ATH. He still says he's open to LSU and Texas if they offer.
    He just told Scout that he plans to visit A&M too.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2013 OL/DL Jake Raulerson of Celina will be in Fayetteville, AR this weekend on an unofficial visit for Troy vs. Arkansas.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I don't like talking about conference realignment because a lot of it is just schools playing a big game of chicken with one another, but hearing about Pitt and Syracuse applying for ACC membership recently makes me wonder if that has anything to do with all of the talk this week about UT joining the ACC. Big Board of Regents meeting at UT going on Monday morning to discuss the future of the Big XII (OU also has one scheduled for the same time).

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...ks-source-says

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    UT joining the ACC could have some merit to it as it would probably take their basketball program to that next level.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The full Texas/UCLA game for those who didn't get to see it or want to watch it again. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3vnO...e_gdata_player

Mario Edwards told Scout.com on Friday night that he planned to visit Texas this fall. HUGE.

Edwards also plans to visit Oklahoma, LSU and possibly Georgia. He is still committed to FSU and plans to attend the Miami - Florida State game.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Mario Edwards told Scout.com on Friday night that he planned to visit Texas this fall. HUGE.

Edwards also plans to visit Oklahoma, LSU and possibly Georgia. He is still committed to FSU and plans to attend the Miami - Florida State game.
    Good news, Bill.

He should also be in Dallas for Texas/OU on October 8th. Getting him back to campus would definitely be a big step. Things seem to be steadily picking up with Magee as well.

Thread Information