Page 78 of 160 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 3999
    Great news.

He followed up this morning after talking to one of his sources who said Peat's current top three consists of Texas, USC and Florida State (no specific order). Interesting that Nebraska isn't in there, but I'm sure that will all change after he goes to Lincoln for the Ohio State game on October 8th. Peat will be on the Arizona State campus this weekend for the USC game.
    I saw that. Interesting that Peat is going to be a guest of Arizona State for the USC game, but he's more interested in USC than Arizona State. In fact, I don't think ASU even made his top 10. Good luck with that Sun Devils.

It's scary how much Gerry thinks Andrus likes USC. This will be a battle. I'd like to see Richt get fired and Theus open up his recruitment for a little insurance.

From an Oklahoma colleague, Mario Edwards will almost certainly be at Missouri - OU game. Washington OT Zach Banner is expected to make it down. It's possible that DGB could also be at the game.

OU and TAMU losses would be nice this weekend for Texas recruiting purposes.

Post Count
    Isn't Theus visiting Texas despite being committed to Georgia?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Nothing set in stone yet, but he's expected to make it to Austin (especially if UGA's coach gets fired). His father said that he probably takes visits regardless.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Here's a look at QB Del Barnes of defending 3A state champs Henderson out in East Texas. Hook 'Em 24/7 mentioned this guy last week as someone UT could call on for an additional QB spot in the 2012 class. He's gone unnoticed for the most part (which is hard to believe after looking at his film) but his recruitment could gain more steam if his team makes another deep playoff run. Henderson is currently ranked #2 in 3A.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gn5Ug5yXNE

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...-Barnes-120564

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Here's a look at QB Del Barnes of defending 3A state champs Henderson out in East Texas. Hook 'Em 24/7 mentioned this guy last week as someone UT could call on for an additional QB spot in the 2012 class. He's gone unnoticed for the most part (which is hard to believe after looking at his film) but his recruitment could gain more steam if his team makes another deep playoff run. Henderson is currently ranked #2 in 3A.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gn5Ug5yXNE

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...-Barnes-120564
    Wanted to add that Barnes did grow up a fan of UT and Bryan Harsin has already called to request film. The kid hasn't attended any big camps throughout his high school career so that's a big reason for the lack of attention.

Wanted to add that Barnes did grow up a fan of UT and Bryan Harsin has already called to request film. The kid hasn't attended any big camps throughout his high school career so that's a big reason for the lack of attention.
    Barnes and Brewer would be a good mix. A raw, athletic quarterback project to go with a polished, drop back passer.

Floss is it just for or is Texas moving towards taking dual threat quarterbacks over pro style quarterbacks? The coaches are interested in Barnes for the 2012 class, and are targeting Swoopes and Barrett for the 2013 class. I think a change has taken place.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    the good news is that it sounds like pretty much a lock to get a visit (even if richt doesn't get fired). the relationship with searels can't be underestimated.

nice to have theus as insurance as BFLT mentions. by all indications Peat will go down to the wire and also seems to love FSU, and by Gerry's indications seems to be pretty into USC as well. i'm shocked by news that he doesn't think NU is in top 3? i can't imagine them not being leader, but who knows.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Barnes and Brewer would be a good mix. A raw, athletic quarterback project to go with a polished, drop back passer.

Floss is it just for or is Texas moving towards taking dual threat quarterbacks over pro style quarterbacks? The coaches are interested in Barnes for the 2012 class, and are targeting Swoopes and Barrett for the 2013 class. I think a change has taken place.
    It sure seems that way but it also may be coincidence since three of the top four QB prospects in Texas for 2013 (Kohl Stewart is pro-style) are dual-threat guys (Swoopes, Johnson and Barrett). I think Harsin just loves having a mobile QB and we've seen how much more creative his offense can be with a quick-footed signal caller. Things opened up so much for UT once Gilbert was pulled and you insert guys like McCoy and Ash who can improvise when necessary.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Some quotes should be available soon, but Hook 'Em 24/7 is saying WR Dorial Green-Beckham has "officially" narrowed his list down to Alabama, Arkansas, Mizzou, Oklahoma and Texas. Most have already known this but it's nice to see that other schools aren't being considered outside of that group.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Manny Diaz will be speaking at the San Antonio Longhorn Foundation this Friday downtown. All of the info is linked with a schedule of future speakers as well. Notice the "recruiting roundup" with Duane Akina about a week before the first Junior Day of 2012.

http://www.texassports.com/sports/lf...n-antonio.html

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ATH Nelson Agholor of Tampa, FL has set up his first official visit. He'll be visiting South Bend on the weekend of October 8th when Notre Dame takes on Air Force. He's a guy I hope UT can get on campus towards the end of the year in December and then he'll play in the 2012 Under Armour All-American Game a few weeks later with all of the Texas commitments.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Dan Beebe is officially out as the Big XII commissioner. Finally.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    You could add these to this list as well.

RB Marion Grice
    WR Jamar Gibson
    DL/OL Jake Raulerson
    DL Brandon Moore
    DL Darrington Sentimore

and basketball...

SF Shabazz Muhammad
    SF Jabari Parker
    SG Kendrick Nunn
    SG Alex Caruso
    PG J Mychal Reese
    C Prince Ibeh

Definitely a huge weekend in College Station recruiting wise.

Also Pencil in for this weekend,

DB Corey Thompson
    OL Mike Matthews

QB Kohl Stewart
    ATH Ty Slanina
    RB Keith Ford
    TE Desean Smith
    ATH Ricky Seals-Jones
    LB Chad Whitener
    DB George Baltimore
    LB Tyus Bowser
    WR Fred Ross
    Last edited by DesignatedT; 09-22-2011 at 03:40 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    WR John Harris is out for the Iowa State game with a left foot injury.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ESPN Insider on Peat -- http://insider.espn.go.com/colleges/...l-schools-wait

"He certainly enjoyed all the trips, but he enjoyed Texas in a very big way," Peat Sr. said. "He felt very comfortable with the coaches, happy with everything he saw. He felt there was a lot of sincere interest in him from Texas."

Peat Sr. doesn't use the word "sincere" loosely. He and his wife Jana have stressed to Andrus to pay close attention to the prospective programs, because, as they see it, it's a life-changing decision that you only get to make once.

"Todd called me from Nebraska a few weeks ago and said, 'Dad, I love Bo Pelini and I would do anything for him,' " Peat Sr. said. "That went a long way in our hearts in knowing that he made a choice, from a spiritual point of view, that he feels very good about. We hope that wherever Andrus goes, whether that's Texas, Florida State, wherever, we will support him 100 percent. We just want him to feel comfortable with it."

Peat Sr. didn't know if Andrus would take the five official visits allotted to a recruit.

"Todd took three visits, and he saw enough," Peat Sr. said. "Will he take all five? I'm not really sure. But he has a vision in his mind of what he would like to do and what he would like to see."

Class of 2012 quarterback and Texas commitment Connor Brewer (Scottsdale, Ariz./Chaparral) would like to see Andrus on Texas' offensive line. The two speak often, and Peat Sr. thinks that could play to the Longhorns' advantage.

"I think that is a natural process," Peat Sr. said. "The kids want to win."

Andrus will be able to graduate in December and enroll early at his school of choice, if he chooses. But his father doesn't know if Andrus will do that, because he has a chance to play basketball this winter with his younger brother, Cassius (Class of 2015).

"They are pretty close," Peat Sr. said. "If you would say which boys would go to school together, I'd say Cassius and Andrus, opposed to Todd and Andrus, to be honest."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Thanks for that report, chronic. I'm anxious to see how Peat responds after taking his official visit to Nebraska on October 8th.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Another practice report. Good news on Edmond and Cobbs.

http://barkingcarnival.fantake.com/2...m-the-asset-2/

Good pull chronic.

Per Andrus, Cassius appears to be a better basketball player than football player right now. I want to say Cassius Peat is around 6'3'' 210, could be a of a linebacker. Given the bloodlines, Texas should take as many Peats as possible.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per Andrus, Cassius appears to be a better basketball player than football player right now. I want to say Cassius Peat is around 6'3'' 210, could be a of a linebacker. Given the bloodlines, Texas should take as many Peats as possible.
    i read somewhere the family said cassius was clearly most athletic of the family. that's saying a lot with those bloodlines.

nice to read recent good news on OT position with peat and theus.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Some recruiting notes before the weekend begins...

**Stacy Searels will be in Tempe, AZ tonight to watch OL Andrus Peat play. Just a reminder that Peat will be attending the Arizona State/USC game tomorrow.

**Darell Wyatt was in Springfield, MO last night to watch WR Dorial Green-Beckham as his Hillcrest team had a Thursday night game. Green-Beckham ended up with 10 receptions for 230 yards and 2 TDs. He surpassed the 5,000 yard mark for his career.

**2013 DT Justin Manning of Dallas Kimball hurt his knee last night. No word yet on how serious it is.

**2013 OL/DL Jake Raulerson will be attending the Mizzou/OU game tomorrow night in Norman.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Funny video of Ohio football players getting new jerseys that they've requested for years:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAOfN...layer_embedded

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Cayleb Jones broken arm??

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    "Cayleb Jones back in after missing some time with a cut on his arm. Had one catch for seven yards in the first half."

Unless there is something i missed

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Jones is fine.

Thread Information