Page 80 of 160 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 3999
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Any idea of where Akina might have been this past weekend? All of the coaches seem to have made some visits this weekend, with Akina being the notable exception.
    My guess is he came to San Antonio to at least get some Mexican food during the bye week. I figured he was at Alamo Stadium watching Magee play, but I haven't seen any reports on Akina's whereabouts.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Set your DVRs. QB Connor Brewer and his Chaparral squad will be playing on ESPN2 this Friday at 5 p.m.

My guess is he came to San Antonio to at least get some Mexican food during the bye week. I figured he was at Alamo Stadium watching Magee play, but I haven't seen any reports on Akina's whereabouts.
    How quickly I forget about Duane's side job at Mi Tierra.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Thanks, Mex. Welcome to the thread.
    I been following this thread for a a while now and until now I decided to say something. Love the contributions from everyone here. Every post brings something to the table, love that.

So, Agholor, I had a good feeling about him back in the summer but not anymore. His stock as a receiver is rising and we are mostly looking at him as a DB even though I know Mack offered him as offensive/defensive player. Teams who offered him solely as a WR will have an advantage over us.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OL John Theus of Jacksonville, FL is definitely looking around. According to a report from Rivals this morning, he's already scheduled his first official visit to South Bend for Notre Dame/USC on October 22nd. Hopefully UT can get him to Austin closer to National Signing Day.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I been following this thread for a a while now and until now I decided to say something. Love the contributions from everyone here. Every post brings something to the table, love that.
    Glad to hear it. It should be an exciting few months waiting to see if the 2012 class can close with a bang and then the 2013 class should start off in a big way if the Horns have a decent season.

So, Agholor, I had a good feeling about him back in the summer but not anymore. His stock as a receiver is rising and we are mostly looking at him as a DB even though I know Mack offered him as offensive/defensive player. Teams who offered him solely as a WR will have an advantage over us.
    When one follows his weekly stats, it doesn't look like he's getting much work on defense this year. UT just needs to get him back on campus and reassure him that he'll have his pick of position (even though they prefer to have him at DB).

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    i echo your sentiments - funny that the best consolidated source of texas recruiting info out i could find is on a spurs fan site.

i appreciate the fact the content of this thread is not just opinions or ranting but actually almost all valuable content by almost everybody that makes posts.

thanks to all the posters that make contributions here and in particular tfloss!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Just FYI that DB Mykkele Thompson has been working with the QBs this week in practice. He'd be a huge asset in the wildcat.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    in another twist dalton santos in re-considering A&M after committing to Tennessee. i believe he visited A&M saturday, and will do official to Tenn 10/15.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    in another twist dalton santos in re-considering A&M after committing to Tennessee. i believe he visited A&M saturday, and will do official to Tenn 10/15.
    I've actually wondered if this might happen now that the SEC thing went down. Before he committed to Tennessee, his mom told me that she felt like he really liked A&M. Now that he can get the best of both worlds he may go ahead and stay in Texas. I'll see if I can catch up with her sometime in the next few days and get the skinny.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    News is a bit slow today so here's some realignment stuff. Rumors floating around that BYU has an offical Big XII invite and the conference is also looking at other teams such as Boise State, Louisville, West Virginia and maybe TCU. A lot depends on what Mizzou decides to do and their bigwigs have a meeting tomorrow to decided upon their future:

http://denver.sbnation.com/air-force...on-boise-state

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Link for the Mizzou meeting about the SEC:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201....ap/index.html

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Set your DVRs. QB Connor Brewer and his Chaparral squad will be playing on ESPN2 this Friday at 5 p.m.
    Guys, I got my time zones confused. His game will be on ESPN2 at 7:00 p.m. CST.
    Last edited by TFloss32; 09-28-2011 at 03:03 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Some info on 2013 QB JT Barrett of Wichita Falls Rider...he was at the OU/Mizzou game last weekend in Norman. He said UT has been recruiting him the hardest in recent weeks, but that OU and Baylor have picked up their efforts. Barrett says he wants to be at the Cotton Bowl for Texas/OU and is just waiting on an invitation. He's already been invited to Austin for every home game by the UT staff (he couldn't make Rice or BYU).

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    According to his twitter, Andrus Peat will visit Nebraska next week. (sorry if this was already posted)

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This meeting is now scheduled for next Tuesday.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Coach Gundy and the OSU players after beating Texas A&M:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3trEzCusvc

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2013 DE William Udeh of Coppell is another prospect that was in Austin for the BYU game. He's one of the higher ranked DEs in the state of Texas for the 2013 class, but I'm not sure he gets an offer at this point. Just a guy to keep an eye on for the upcoming year.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...am-Udeh-127972

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Here's a 2013 out-of-state prospect to watch out for as well. I would not be surprised if the staff has already been by his school at some point.

DE, Marcus Farria, Centennial (Peoria, AZ) (6-4, 226)
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...-Farria-124062

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    TheChronic just posted this on Shaggy. Do not know exactly what it says but I am going to guess that it has a lot to do with Landon Collins being a priority for Texas now since the Longhorns lack safeties. Hope that something good comes out of Brewster's retirement and this might be Collins.

"AUSTIN, Texas -- There is never a bad time to get a commitment from a safety as polished and well-rounded as Under Armour All-American Landon Collins (Geismar, La./Dutchtown). But his addition to Texas' Class of 2012 would be especially meaningful, considering the state of the position next season for the Longhorns. Collins, who is ranked as the No. 19 player overall and the No. 1 player in Louisiana by ESPNU, would join a secondary that just lost junior Nolan Brewster, who quit football because of concussions and post-traumatic migraine headaches. "

http://insider.espn.go.com/colleges/...exas-high-list

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    TheChronic just posted this on Shaggy. Do not know exactly what it says but I am going to guess that it has a lot to do with Landon Collins being a priority for Texas now since the Longhorns lack safeties. Hope that something good comes out of Brewster's retirement and this might be Collins.
    Hopefully Chronic can pitch in and let us know what the rest of it says. UT's recruitment of Collins has been oddly quiet considering he's such a highly-touted prospect. It's possible the staff has been there all along even though it hasn't been publicized, but hopefully we'll hear more about him now that the safety position has taken a hit with the loss of Brewster. I won't get excited until Collins gets to Austin but I'm all for the effort.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    [edit]

2013 DE William Udeh of Coppell is another prospect that was in Austin for the BYU game. He's one of the higher ranked DEs in the state of Texas for the 2013 class, but I'm not sure he gets an offer at this point. Just a guy to keep an eye on for the upcoming year.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...am-Udeh-127972
    Coppell has another stud DE, 2014 recruit Solomon Thomas (6'3'' 248, 4.7). Thomas was also at the BYU game. Gerry Hamilton believes Thomas is a lock to be a top 100 player nationally.

Coppell plays @ Denton Guyer tonight at 7:30 on Fox Sports Southwest.

Thread Information