Page 81 of 160 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 3999
    Here's a 2013 out-of-state prospect to watch out for as well. I would not be surprised if the staff has already been by his school at some point.

DE, Marcus Farria, Centennial (Peoria, AZ) (6-4, 226)
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...-Farria-124062
    I'm pretty excited about Texas possibly pursuing Farria. Texas would be wise to take one recruit out of Arizona every single year.

The DE options in state for 2013 aren't great. I think Jake Raulerson could be a great SDE at Texas. Christian Morgan could also be a fantastic SDE at Texas. There's some talk that Ricky Seals - Jones could play DE at the next level. I love his athleticism. The common theme though is none of the aforementioned in state guys are pure DEs.

I'd like to see Texas go after Farria and Oklahoma DE DJ Ward hard.

Hopefully Chronic can pitch in and let us know what the rest of it says. UT's recruitment of Collins has been oddly quiet considering he's such a highly-touted prospect. It's possible the staff has been there all along even though it hasn't been publicized, but hopefully we'll hear more about him now that the safety position has taken a hit with the loss of Brewster. I won't get excited until Collins gets to Austin but I'm all for the effort.
    If it took losing Nolan Brewster to injuries to actively pursue Landon Collins, I'm scratching my head. Collins could be the best 2012 recruit in the country. You find a spot for him.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    TheChronic just posted this on Shaggy. Do not know exactly what it says but I am going to guess that it has a lot to do with Landon Collins being a priority for Texas now since the Longhorns lack safeties. Hope that something good comes out of Brewster's retirement and this might be Collins.

"AUSTIN, Texas -- There is never a bad time to get a commitment from a safety as polished and well-rounded as Under Armour All-American Landon Collins (Geismar, La./Dutchtown). But his addition to Texas' Class of 2012 would be especially meaningful, considering the state of the position next season for the Longhorns. Collins, who is ranked as the No. 19 player overall and the No. 1 player in Louisiana by ESPNU, would join a secondary that just lost junior Nolan Brewster, who quit football because of concussions and post-traumatic migraine headaches. "

http://insider.espn.go.com/colleges/...exas-high-list

Still a longshot, but the chance of immediate playing time is obviously growing and that can be huge for guys like Collins that are college ready. More from the article:

---------------------------------

Collins (6-foot-0, 210 pounds) isn't talking to many coaches, but Akina is one for whom he'll pick up the phone. Collins lists the Longhorns in his top five, along with Florida, Tennessee, LSU and Alabama.

Collins has said in the past that Alabama and LSU are ahead of the others.

"What I like about those two schools is that I have trust in the coaches," he said. "I have confidence in them and a good relationship with them. You can see that their players work hard every day and know that it is going to be a challenge every day in practice. It's not going to be boring, and would be exciting."

But he's impressed with Texas enough to take an official visit. He does not yet know when that will be, but that goes for all other finalists, too.

"They have all the talent in the world in the state of Texas," Collins said. "They have the top quarterbacks, wide receivers, running backs. They don't really come out of the state. I kind of heard that this is the first time they have come out to get a Louisiana player. It really surprises me."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm pretty excited about Texas possibly pursuing Farria. Texas would be wise to take one recruit out of Arizona every single year.
    Here's another Arizona kid for 2013 that may be worth a look:

LB, Chans Cox, Blue Ridge (Lakeside, AZ) (6-3, 220)
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...ans-Cox-108419

Sop re highlights:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQEJQ...eature=related

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Highlights from the first few games of 2013 QB Tyrone Swoopes' junior season:

http://www.youtube.com/v/9agCz4UE7xI

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Some recruiting notes...

**Add 2013 OL/DL A'Shawn Robinson to the list of recruits that will be in Dallas for Texas/OU. This will be his second Longhorn game of the year and UT is the only school he's been a guest of in the recruiting process so far. Remember he also attended UT's overnight camp back in June.

**2013 OL/DL Jake Raulerson is listed as a "maybe" for Texas/OU at the moment. He may head to Baton Rouge and see LSU/Florida instead. He received a hand-written letter from Mack Brown last week and continues to stay in contact with Stacy Searels and Oscar Giles. Anyone else think this guy could be the first offer of the 2013 class next February?

Here's another Arizona kid for 2013 that may be worth a look:

LB, Chans Cox, Blue Ridge (Lakeside, AZ) (6-3, 220)
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...ans-Cox-108419

Sop re highlights:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQEJQ...eature=related
    I like Cox's film. Big kid. Texas needs some size at linebacker after taking DLT, Jinkens and Tim Cole.

Some recruiting notes...

**Add 2013 OL/DL A'Shawn Robinson to the list of recruits that will be in Dallas for Texas/OU. This will be his second Longhorn game of the year and UT is the only school he's been a guest of in the recruiting process so far. Remember he also attended UT's overnight camp back in June.

**2013 OL/DL Jake Raulerson is listed as a "maybe" for Texas/OU at the moment. He may head to Baton Rouge and see LSU/Florida instead. He received a hand-written letter from Mack Brown last week and continues to stay in contact with Stacy Searels and Oscar Giles. Anyone else think this guy could be the first offer of the 2013 class next February?
    I think Robinson can be got early.

I agree on Raulerson. I think we'll hear offer rumors the day after Signing Day 2012.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I think Robinson can be got early.

I agree on Raulerson. I think we'll hear offer rumors the day after Signing Day 2012.
    Agreed. I think UT can lock up Seals-Jones and D. James early as well.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Some realignment stuff from Hook 'Em 24/7 (as if you're not tired of it)...

To sum up the report, it looks like BYU could be added as the 10th member of the Big XII by this weekend. They weren't happy with the instability that the conference presented earlier last week, but they've come around a bit since new deals were agreed upon that put life back into the conference for a while longer. It is thought that the addition of BYU would actually give Mizzou more of an incentive to stay even though multiple sources from the SEC think they will be adding Mizzou in short time. No word on when an 11th and 12th school would be pursued, but Louisville and Cincinnati are thought to be the targets and Cincy supposedly wants in pretty badly. TCU will only be considered if Mizzou does indeed bolt for the SEC. Hard for me to imagine the Big XII surviving without Mizzou's television market.

Agreed. I think UT can lock up Seals-Jones and D. James early as well.
    There's some noise about RSJ moving to defense at the next level. I could seem him being a of a weakside DE, but we need difference makers at TE.

Interesting that you think Texas can lock up RSJ early. I could see Darius James being one of the first 3-5 commits of the 2013 class. Center of the future.

Some realignment stuff from Hook 'Em 24/7 (as if you're not tired of it)...

To sum up the report, it looks like BYU could be added as the 10th member of the Big XII by this weekend. They weren't happy with the instability that the conference presented earlier last week, but they've come around a bit since new deals were agreed upon that put life back into the conference for a while longer. It is thought that the addition of BYU would actually give Mizzou more of an incentive to stay even though multiple sources from the SEC think they will be adding Mizzou in short time. No word on when an 11th and 12th school would be pursued, but Louisville and Cincinnati are thought to be the targets and Cincy supposedly wants in pretty badly. TCU will only be considered if Mizzou does indeed bolt for the SEC. Hard for me to imagine the Big XII surviving without Mizzou's television market.
    I could live with BYU, Cincy and Louisville as the new additions.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Interesting that you think Texas can lock up RSJ early. I could see Darius James being one of the first 3-5 commits of the 2013 class. Center of the future.
    I used to have K. Perkins in that group as an early commitment but the Ags are giving him something to think about offering him on the DL. He prefers defense even though he's a monster on the OL. Hopefully all of that will just go away once he receives a UT offer in February.

What's your feeling on the Seals-Jones recruitment, Bill?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I could live with BYU, Cincy and Louisville as the new additions.
    While conferences are raiding the Big East, I'd like South Florida to get a look.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

**2013 OL/DL Jake Raulerson is listed as a "maybe" for Texas/OU at the moment. Anyone else think this guy could be the first offer of the 2013 class next February?
    Doesn't Mack normally get a commit from his first offer?? Brewer & Shipley, if Mack wants to keep the streak I don't think Raulerson will be the first offer. Raulerson going to the Florida/LSU game instead of the TX/OU game will say a lot about his recruitment. Any kid who really wants to go to Texas would die to go to the OU game.

I used to have K. Perkins in that group as an early commitment but the Ags are giving him something to think about offering him on the DL. He prefers defense even though he's a monster on the OL. Hopefully all of that will just go away once he receives a UT offer in February.

What's your feeling on the Seals-Jones recruitment, Bill?
    I'm concerned about basketball with RSJ. Not as much as Derrick Griffin, RSJ gets that he's a blue chip in football and not in basketball. That being said, both RSJ and Griffin have said in interviews that they will choose basketball if they continue to grow.

I think there's a good chance RSJ chooses football, and Texas appears to be in the driver's seat. However, I think RSJ could take an OOS unofficial visit or two. I believe RSJ is interested in USC, it wouldn't surprise me if he popped up in LA during his recruitment. Just a gut feeling, but RSJ doesn't feel like an early commitment.

I agree with your slight concern on Perkins. Michael Starts left a bad taste. I don't Perkins is on the same path, but I'd suggest Texas give me a shot at defense initially.

While conferences are raiding the Big East, I'd like South Florida to get a look.
    This. I'd love for Texas to have a regular game in Tampa. Good for the fans, and better for recruiting. USF in the Big 12 would give Texas a beach head in Florida.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Doesn't Mack normally get a commit from his first offer?? Brewer & Shipley, if Mack wants to keep the streak I don't think Raulerson will be the first offer. Raulerson going to the Florida/LSU game instead of the TX/OU game will say a lot about his recruitment. Any kid who really wants to go to Texas would die to go to the OU game.
    Very good point, Mex. I had actually thought about that myself with Shipley and Brewer. The way I look it is by giving him that first offer (whether he accepts or not) of the class you're essentially telling Raulerson and his family that he is THE priority and you want him to be the cornerstone of the 2013 group (much like Brewer is for 2012). Bring him in on the Friday night before the first Junior Day and give him the red carpet treatment regardless of the outcome.

If Raulerson is in fact the guy that the staff genuinely wants to offer first, it would be a petty move of Mack to shoot that down in fear of him not accepting on the spot. Coach Brown's offer/commitment ratio isn't as good as he'd have you believe. Go all out for the guy whether you get a commitment from him in February 2012 or February 2013. The thing is we may not actually know who ends up getting the first offer anyway.

I agree with you partially on the game situation. It's important to remember that Raulerson returned to Austin the first chance he got and Texas/Rice was the first game he saw this year. I think that says a lot and I know for a fact that he's been attending so many camps and games because he wants to have an answer for UT in February. Also take into consideration that they may forgo Texas/OU because Florida is playing within driving distance and he hasn't seen them yet. The Raulersons are from Florida orginally and have members of the family that went to UF.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'll add that the only things hurting UT right now in the Raulerson recruitment is his love for the SEC and the possibility that another team will offer his brother (who is also in the 2013 class and doesn't look like a D1 type player) in hopes that will give them a leg up with Jake.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas should recruit this Davonte Neal.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Film on 2013 RB Keith Ford's first few games of his junior season:

http://www.youtube.com/v/YO9V9Y7UsX4

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A list of recruits that will be in attendance for TCU/SMU this weekend:

ATH, Daje Johnson, Pflugerville Hendrickson (received mail from UT this week)
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    QB, Tyrone Swoopes, Whitewright
    OL/DL, A'Shawn Robinson, FW Arlington Heights
    OL/DL, Jake Raulerson, Celina
    ATH, Greg Ward, Tyler John Tyler

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Talked to Dalton Santos' mom just now. She said that A&M never stopped contacting him even after he committed to Tennessee and is at stalker level now that the Aggies are part of the SEC. They facebook him almost every day.

All that said, she says he went to the game last Saturday but is still pretty much set on going to Tennessee. She says he thinks his personality fits better with their coaching staff.

Post Count
    Aggie can't even win 3 star prospects from Texas now?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    More news on the possibility of taking another QB in the 2012 class...Bryan Harsin took the opportunity to watch Arizona State verbal QB TJ Millweard last weekend while he was in Fort Worth to see 2013 QB Tyrone Swoopes play.

QB, TJ Millweard, Forth Worth All Saints Episcopal (6-4, 230)
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...llweard-122988

Thread Information