Page 77 of 160 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 3999
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Not much on ATH Nelson Agholor of Tampa, FL lately because he's pretty much put recruiting on hold while his senior season plays out, but he did attend the OU/FSU game in Tallahassee on Saturday night.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per Hook 'Em 24/7, they are hearing rumors that QB Garrett Gilbert could announce his intent to transfer as early as this week. Without injuries to the two QBs currently ahead of him, his playing days at UT are over. Cal, Princeton and UCLA are the schools being talked about as his next destination.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Here's the early list of recruits that will be in Dallas for Texas/OU:

RB, Johnathan Gray, Aledo
    WR, Thomas Johnson, Dallas Skyline
    DE, Caleb Bluiett, Beaumont West Brook
    DE, Torshiro Davis, Woodlawn (Shreveport, LA) <------ committed to LSU
    DE, Mario Edwards, Denton Ryan <------ committed to Florida State
    LB, Alex De La Torre, Denton Ryan
    ATH, Daniel Brooks, Port Lavaca Calhoun <------ committed to Oklahoma
    -----------------------------------------------
    QB, Tyrone Swoopes, Whitewright
    RB, Dontre Wilson, DeSoto
    OL/DL, Jake Raulerson, Celina
    LB, Brett Wade, Kennedale
    ATH, Chevoski Collins, Livingston

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2013 LB Brett Wade will be in College Station this weekend for Texas A&M vs. Oklahoma State and there's a good chance he's offered by the Aggies while in town. Dat Nguyen was in Kennedale this past Friday night to watch him in action.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per the Austin American-Statesman, the Texas/ISU game will be televised at 6 p.m. on FX.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Post-game highlights and interviews from Mack's site:

http://www.texassports.com/allaccess/?media=264687

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Turning out to be a "must win" situation for the Aggies this upcoming Saturday against Oklahoma State as far as their recruiting is concerned. They're also hoping to be officially accepted into the SEC by the end of the week. Here's a list of recruits that will be in College Station this weekend:

QB, Matt Davis, Klein Forest
    RB, Trey Williams, Spring DeKaney
    WR, Bralon Addison, Fort Bend Hightower
    WR, Trent Momon, Hempstead
    OL, Adrian Bellard, Brenham
    DT, Damien Jacobs, East Mississippi CC <------ committed to Tennessee
    DT, Aziz tu, Buhach (A er, CA)
    DE/LB, Denzel Devall, Bastrop (Bastrop, LA)
    LB, Jordan Richmond, Denton Ryan
    DB, Otis Jacobs, Gulf Coast CC
    DB, Kenneth Marshall, South Houston
    ATH, Troy Green, Brenham
    ATH, Kendall Sanders, Athens
    QB, Cole Hunt, El Campo
    WR, Jake Oliver, Dallas Jesuit
    TE, Derrick Griffin, Rosenberg Terry
    TE, Christian Morgan, Plano Prestonwood Christian
    DT, Isaiah Golden, Elysian Fields

**The Ags' coaching staff has asked their current 2012 commitments to take unofficial visits this weekend rather than official visits because there will be a lot of other recruits making their first trip to College Station and the main focus will be on those guys instead (especially five-star DT Aziz tu out of California). Many other 2013 recruits are expected to attend but have no solidified plans.

All In, All Out.
    My Team
    Baylor Bears
    Post Count
    Here's the early list of recruits that will be in Dallas for Texas/OU:

QB, Tyrone Swoopes, Whitewright
    RB, Dontre Wilson, DeSoto
    OL/DL, Jake Raulerson, Celina
    They may be the best quarterback, running back and offensive linemen in the state for 2013.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Some highlights from QB Connor Brewer's game this past Friday:

http://www.youtube.com/v/ECV7if4uoUg

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    any updates on DGB

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    any updates on DGB
    Pretty much status quo from what I've read unless someone else can add anything. Looks like it will come down to Mizzou, OU and Texas with Arkansas in there as a sleeper. No official visits set in stone yet. Green-Beckham's Hillcrest team is now 3-1 after Friday's victory in which he had 12 receptions/215 yards and 2 TDs. His season totals are now at 43 receptions/735 yards and 7 TDs.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    They may be the best quarterback, running back and offensive linemen in the state for 2013.
    Agreed...even though Wilson will be more of an all-purpose guy and won't tote the rock like Brown has been doing these past few games. Harsin will be giddy having that guy in his offense and I think UT locks him up rather quickly once offers go out. I think UT can eventually land Swoopes if they make him their QB priority (I'd be surprised if he wasn't) and the Horns haven't lost a head-to-head recruiting battle with TCU maybe ever. Raulerson could end up being the tough one out of those three since he loves the SEC and he's originally from Florida (there a few people with UF ties in his family). It's been rumored that he's visited so many different campuses over the past few months because he wants to have an answer for Texas once the first Junior Day rolls around in February. It'd be money if the 2013 class started off with a commitment from him, but it could end up being a tough recruitment depending on how UT finishes out the year.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    From OrangeBloods as of 4:30 p.m.:

"The UT regents have just voted in favor of granting UT president Bill Powers the authority to continue to participate in the Big 12 and/or seek a home in another conference."

"They voted to give him the authority to act in the best interest of the University of Texas, whether that's in the Big 12 or changing conferences. It was a unanimous vote."

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Which few freshman haven't played yet?

Hutchins, Moss,.....?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Some recruiting updates...

**It's been rumored for a while now that DB Kevin Vaccaro of Brownwood has a grayshirt offer from Duane Akina. It's been confirmed that is indeed the case and he's also still in the mix for a regular offer. Louisiana Tech and UTSA are his only other offers at the moment.

**Texas A&M has verbally offered 2013 TE Ricky Seals-Jones. He is one prospect that might visit College Station this weekend for the Ags' battle with Oklahoma State.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Which few freshman haven't played yet?

Hutchins, Moss,.....?
    I don't think McFarland and Doyle have played yet. I know Flowers had a possible concussion a few weeks ago, but I still think he's seen time. I also thought Hutchins had played at one point.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    According to SoonerScoop, five-star DE Mario Edwards will be visiting Norman this weekend for the Missouri game.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Breaking news from Bellmont is QB Garrett Gilbert had shoulder surgery this morning to repair an injury sustained during the Rice game. He is out for the year. Now we know for sure he won't play anymore this season.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    According to SoonerScoop, five-star DE Mario Edwards will be visiting Norman this weekend for the Missouri game.
    Edwards' father told OrangeBloods this morning that they are "definitely" going to Austin for a UT game. Just not sure which one yet.

Breaking news from Bellmont is QB Garrett Gilbert had shoulder surgery this morning to repair an injury sustained during the Rice game. He is out for the year. Now we know for sure he won't play anymore this season.
    Lots of people are saying what a brilliant move this was by the Gilberts. Garrett can now apply for a medical redshirt when it had already looked as if he'd lost his entire junior year by playing against Rice. He just went from having two years to play one (he still has his regular redshirt) to now having three years to play two. This whole scenario tells us he'll likely be transferring by the end of the semester. The rumor of taking an additional QB in the 2012 class looks a bit more legitimate now.

Some recruiting updates...

**It's been rumored for a while now that DB Kevin Vaccaro of Brownwood has a grayshirt offer from Duane Akina. It's been confirmed that is indeed the case and he's also still in the mix for a regular offer. Louisiana Tech and UTSA are his only other offers at the moment.

**Texas A&M has verbally offered 2013 TE Ricky Seals-Jones. He is one prospect that might visit College Station this weekend for the Ags' battle with Oklahoma State.
    GOBR thinks Texas might be keeping their fingers crossed for another Vaccaro senior year growth spurt (Kenny had one as a senior). I agree, Kevin probably needs a few more inches to get a full scholarship offer from Texas. I like Vaccaro's film quite a bit. They know how to grow 'em out in Brownwood.

I feel like RSJ is a Texas lean. I think national powers, not TAMU will be threats for RSJ's signature.

Edwards is taking a lot of visits. FSU should be mildly concerned. Good to hear from Mario Sr. that his son will visit Texas. I have a gut feeling that the Edwards like free tickets to games and are solidly committed to FSU. A football fan would kill for the Edwards' upcoming lineup (OU - Missouri, OU- Texas, FSU - Miami). It wouldn't shock me to see Edwards at one of LSU's marquee home games.

The timing is convenient for the Gilberts, but I'd add that Garrett has had labrum surgery before. Once you injure it once, it's more likely to recur another injury. A medical redshirt would work out well for Gilbert. This tells me almost certainly that Gilbert will transfer to a Division 1 school. Clemson might be a good landing spot because of Gilbert's relationship with their OC Chad Morris (former Lake Travis head coach).

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Turning out to be a "must win" situation for the Aggies this upcoming Saturday against Oklahoma State as far as their recruiting is concerned. They're also hoping to be officially accepted into the SEC by the end of the week. Here's a list of recruits that will be in College Station this weekend:

QB, Matt Davis, Klein Forest
    RB, Trey Williams, Spring DeKaney
    WR, Bralon Addison, Fort Bend Hightower
    WR, Trent Momon, Hempstead
    OL, Adrian Bellard, Brenham
    DT, Damien Jacobs, East Mississippi CC <------ committed to Tennessee
    DT, Aziz tu, Buhach (A er, CA)
    DE/LB, Denzel Devall, Bastrop (Bastrop, LA)
    LB, Jordan Richmond, Denton Ryan
    DB, Otis Jacobs, Gulf Coast CC
    DB, Kenneth Marshall, South Houston
    ATH, Troy Green, Brenham
    ATH, Kendall Sanders, Athens
    QB, Cole Hunt, El Campo
    WR, Jake Oliver, Dallas Jesuit
    TE, Derrick Griffin, Rosenberg Terry
    TE, Christian Morgan, Plano Prestonwood Christian
    DT, Isaiah Golden, Elysian Fields

**The Ags' coaching staff has asked their current 2012 commitments to take unofficial visits this weekend rather than official visits because there will be a lot of other recruits making their first trip to College Station and the main focus will be on those guys instead (especially five-star DT Aziz tu out of California). Many other 2013 recruits are expected to attend but have no solidified plans.
    You could add these to this list as well.

RB Marion Grice
    WR Jamar Gibson
    DL/OL Jake Raulerson
    DL Brandon Moore
    DL Darrington Sentimore

and basketball...

SF Shabazz Muhammad
    SF Jabari Parker
    SG Kendrick Nunn
    SG Alex Caruso
    PG J Mychal Reese
    C Prince Ibeh

Definitely a huge weekend in College Station recruiting wise.

Per Hook Em 247's Gerry Hamilton, Texas coach Stacy Searels is scheduled to visit Andrus Peat in Arizona on Friday. Go get him Coach Searels!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Good behind-the-scenes look at UT's trip to the Rose Bowl for UCLA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvB2W...layer_embedded

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per Hook Em 247's Gerry Hamilton, Texas coach Stacy Searels is scheduled to visit Andrus Peat in Arizona on Friday. Go get him Coach Searels!
    Great news.

He followed up this morning after talking to one of his sources who said Peat's current top three consists of Texas, USC and Florida State (no specific order). Interesting that Nebraska isn't in there, but I'm sure that will all change after he goes to Lincoln for the Ohio State game on October 8th. Peat will be on the Arizona State campus this weekend for the USC game.

Thread Information