Page 101 of 238 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 5943
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    this is a damn good book. I saw the movie when it came out. Then read a book called "City of Thieves" by David Benioff which is outstanding. Then read 25th hour. Been wondering when he was going to write another novel and then saw he's one of the people adapting Game of Thrones for HBO.
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye out for it.

---

Every time you think Monty has an angle Lee cuts it off. [Do your 7 years come back out and ply the trade again...this time make your boodle and get out BEFORE they crack you.] No. As he laments to Pepper:::"I get busted again, I'm gone for good."

Though I am still a little confused that he doesn't have any money. I suppose he had it all in the couch with the dope, or, was that just Uncle Nicolai's money, the Feds seized and/or the Feds put a lien on Monty's bank account? Because he tells Pepper that he was ready to get out and put his money with Pepper in the market, but, wanted to "Take a little more out for myself. I got greedy."

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Into The Storm

I want my two hours back.

3/10

lol why did you watch that? It looks like a ty rip off of The Day After Tomorrow.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I was bored earlier and I knew every Final Destination after the first one was complete ass, but I turned it on Final Destination 5 just for the of it. So much bads in one movie. Death scenes were corny yet funny.

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Cal Bears
    amazing spiderman 2. got bored midway through and turned it off

comeattheKINGbestnotmiss rogues's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    College
    Oklahoma Sooners
    lol why did you watch that? It looks like a ty rip off of The Day After Tomorrow.
    Yup..what's also ty about the movie is compared to something like Twister, it's complete ass..it's also funny because they make it out to be in OKC..real tornadoes are nothing like that..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I was bored earlier and I knew every Final Destination after the first one was complete ass, but I turned it on Final Destination 5 just for the of it. So much bads in one movie. Death scenes were corny yet funny.
    Even the original while a fine production is hilarious in parts. When the woman teacher gets it in her house one can't resist laughing aloud. Just give it up already, lady.

And installing John Denver's howling for 90 minutes is a hoot.

But, the kid who drives the movie, the hot head with the hot girlfriend, he's good. He's lit from start to finish, couldn't get him to calm down with a sledge hammer.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Yup..what's also ty about the movie is compared to something like Twister, it's complete ass..it's also funny because they make it out to be in OKC..real tornadoes are nothing like that..
    & I can take about 5 minutes of Helen Hunt before I want to Ray Rice some woman.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Even the original while a fine production is hilarious in parts. When the woman teacher gets it in her house one can't resist laughing aloud. Just give it up already, lady.

And installing John Denver's howling for 90 minutes is a hoot.

But, the kid who drives the movie, the hot head with the hot girlfriend, he's good. He's lit from start to finish, couldn't get him to calm down with a sledge hammer.
    I've always liked Denver's work. Country Roads still holds up. Also Rhinestone Cowboy and Jolene. Agree on Helen Hunt. Have you seen her lately? Hagsville. I've hated her since that after school special where she took PCP and then jumped out the school window. Maybe that's on YouTube. Hated her in that sitcom with Richard Lewis too.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Cruel Intentions (1999)

How the did I ever miss this movie??? Sexiest ing movie I've ever seen. Loved it. .

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I'm a sucker for a disaster movie. It actually would have been ok if they would have cut about half the dialog and replaced it with carnage.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    The expendables 3

Saw an advanced copy of the movie. It was a very awkward movie filled with lots of irrelevant and unnecessary one-liners from the 80s movies. Also ty acting throughout. 10

This was a semi fun series of flicks to watch for fun but now it's just putrid garbage with washed up old actors and new ones who cant act.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    TMN Turtles - 8/10

Them nostalgic feels man

Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Expendables 3

7.5/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Expendables 3 - 7/10
    Under the Skin - 5/10
    Locke - 5/10
    CA Winter Soldier - 7.5/10
    Monuments men - 6.5/10
    Jack Ryan SR - 6/10
    Draft Day 6/10
    Sabotage 6/10
    Neighbors 6.5/10
    Million ways to die in the west 6.5/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    Guardians of the Galaxy. 9/10. Loved it.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Insomnia (2002)

Was okay. 5/10. Robin Williams isn't a very convincing bad guy, but Al Pacino was really good in it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Railway Man 7.5/10 - Good movie, recommend.
    Non Stop - 5/10 - Stupid

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Boyhood

Ages 6-12 = 10/10
    Ages 13-18 = 7/10

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Fault In Our Stars (2014)

7/10. I really liked it, but it had the corny moments as all love stories do. But Shailene Woodley is a star, and the movie possessed a very good script, cast, and followed through with it's story perfectly. I would definitely recommend it, and now I can't wait to read the book. It's rare to find a gem like this, especially these days.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    The Fault in Our Stars - Take the goddamn nasal cannula off for 10 seconds

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Boyhood

Ages 6-12 = 10/10
    Ages 13-18 = 7/10
    damn...I wish Avante posted this

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    damn...I wish Avante posted this
    My first thought

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    The original "Karate Kid" was on over the weekend/AMC. It never grows old and aside from the reference to Japanese internment there toward the end it is an American masterpiece.

I marvel at the restraint and freedom the production team took in creating the children of the Cobra Kai. They're each painted with a slightly different brush and it is fascinating. "Johnny"---he's on the edge and can't quite decide where to go. Even at the end, whereas "Dutch" will not even acknowledge "Daniel" as anything but a cross hair in his "rifle sight," Johnny bow's to him, near imperceptibly even at the last.

This film delves heavily into class structure, California style. It seethes with it throughout the running time, from the East coast row houses to the land of milk and honey, fouled apartment complex pools and sparkling beaches of the California dream. Then into the classroom, to school grounds, to country clubs and sporting venues. And it does so without pounding us over the head with it. We just see it. And that's enough.

Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The original "Karate Kid" was on over the weekend/AMC. It never grows old and aside from the reference to Japanese internment there toward the end it is an American masterpiece.

I marvel at the restraint and freedom the production team took in creating the children of the Cobra Kai. They're each painted with a slightly different brush and it is fascinating. "Johnny"---he's on the edge and can't quite decide where to go. Even at the end, whereas "Dutch" will not even acknowledge "Daniel" as anything but a cross hair in his "rifle sight," Johnny bow's to him, near imperceptibly even at the last.

This film delves heavily into class structure, California style. It seethes with it throughout the running time, from the East coast row houses to the land of milk and honey, fouled apartment complex pools and sparkling beaches of the California dream. Then into the classroom, to school grounds, to country clubs and sporting venues. And it does so without pounding us over the head with it. We just see it. And that's enough.
    You forgot that it is quite possibly the greatest revenge flick of all time. Daniel blows through the best Cobra Kai had to offer and takes the chick that left Johnny. You can't win much more convincingly than that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

I didn't realize it until I heard Richard Roeper on the Dan Patrick show when they were discussing sports movies....

Karate Kid is a ripoff of Rocky.

Thread Information