Page 102 of 238 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 5939
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The original "Karate Kid" was on over the weekend/AMC. It never grows old and aside from the reference to Japanese internment there toward the end it is an American masterpiece.

I marvel at the restraint and freedom the production team took in creating the children of the Cobra Kai. They're each painted with a slightly different brush and it is fascinating. "Johnny"---he's on the edge and can't quite decide where to go. Even at the end, whereas "Dutch" will not even acknowledge "Daniel" as anything but a cross hair in his "rifle sight," Johnny bow's to him, near imperceptibly even at the last.

This film delves heavily into class structure, California style. It seethes with it throughout the running time, from the East coast row houses to the land of milk and honey, fouled apartment complex pools and sparkling beaches of the California dream. Then into the classroom, to school grounds, to country clubs and sporting venues. And it does so without pounding us over the head with it. We just see it. And that's enough.
    A modern classic. The chemistry between Daniel and Miyagi is truly special and one for the ages. One thing I miss from older movies is the slow pace in the beginning that allows you to become attached and emotionally involved with the main character. By the time you reach the climax, you are Laruso. You feel the punches and the absolute triumph of victory.

So many great moments in this flick...like the slow back out of the cobra kai gym, Daniel talking to his mom at work while Johnny and friends spot him through the window across the street, the translation part "Thank you"..."welcome"

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    the movie; Locke

got good ratings on imdb and rottentomato but this put me to sleep.

D+

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Guardians of the Galaxy: surprisingly solid. very cool addition to the current marvel universe they have going on right now. 7.5 or 8/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Machete II on Netflix, one of the worst sequels I recall. it had some good moments but overall much tier than the original. it felt like Spy Kids for Adults, noticeably absent was any great s and ass like the first one offered. only the GOAT Mel Gibson could salvage it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i was watchin anime sword art online 1+2, similar to the movies like total recall/inception/surrogate/matrix revolutions

in real life u will die naturally like everyone else,

but would u want to live immortality in the virtual world where ur mind is hook up to that world, while ur body is frozen and maintain by something in the real world...

i think thats the only way someone can actually live pass 150yrs old...physical body is stored while mind is locked online...

(isnt it the same as being in a deep coma/eternal sleep without the plug being pulled)

ps. if ur into that sort of scifi stuff, watch sword are online 2....the NRA and gun collectors would love that show...its base on guns mmorg world..dont know if its very detail into the guns descriptions and ...but so far so good cause this clown cleared another game and is allowed to transfer his stats to another game where he has higher stats compared to some new noob leveling his character

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    A modern classic.

Daniel talking to his mom at work while Johnny and friends spot him through the window across the street
    Yes.

Yep, yep...it is a fascinating segment there. And I try to find a production mistake (timing) in it between the actors out and inside, but, it is sheer perfection. His mother turns just late enough to miss the Cobra boys almost maniacally planning there bushwhacking of Daniel. And Daniel, still the child, riding his bike home while the Cobras have been robbed of their childhood, had it hijacked by Kove...they're already on motorcycles. And deep in the assault, they cross the line with murderous intent because in their hearts they're still children. They don't even realize what (could) have happened there because they're children, on an adult motorcycle instead of a child's bike. And they take the motorcycles onto the beach, corrupting the "California dream" and a children's day of running and ball playing and finally an American wiener roast.

The production shows us the difference between school ground and Kove's vulgar commercial establishment where he has corrupted a world wide discipline. At the school Johnny and his friends---Daniel in the same gym, the girl(s) too are shown in preparation for Halloween. Now, not just Daniel, but, they're all at peace, all at play. They're not aware of one another in anger, or, plot. They're lost in their childhood, what the school has afforded them on this day.

In the one part Daniel utilizes an innocent, uncomprehending teacher to help him out. Here Johnny and the boys, even the near psycho "Dutch"---stop---respect the teacher, respect the school and their own internal (stop) signs.

The Karate Kid

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    You forgot that it is quite possibly the greatest revenge flick of all time. Daniel blows through the best Cobra Kai had to offer and takes the chick that left Johnny. You can't win much more convincingly than that.
    And Daniel is social climbing there. Johnny doesn't know what that term would mean at 16, but, he knows he's taken an horrific loss in his world. And the production doesn't accelerate his knowledge to that of a 30 year old. No, uh, uh, they let Johnny twist on the spit from y at the beach, then to a startling softening on the soccer fields at the school. "Hi, Alie."...his tone sincere, a pleading to it...too late, she mocks him, then sprints away without so much as a glance back. Then to the country club where Johnny thinks he has her trapped among the elite of the California dream. He's in his Sunday best, and finally has a physical hold on her. "Can we at least finish the dance?" Now, NOW, now, he demands civility of her. "Would she reconsider?" "How did it get this far?" "How did I this up?" We never get to find out because Daniel comes into his view finder and Johnny steps over the line for the last time.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And Daniel is social climbing there. Johnny doesn't know what that term would mean at 16, but, he knows he's taken an horrific loss in his world. And the production doesn't accelerate his knowledge to that of a 30 year old. No, uh, uh, they let Johnny twist on the spit from y at the beach, then to a startling softening on the soccer fields at the school. "Hi, Alie."...his tone sincere, a pleading to it...too late, she mocks him, then sprints away without so much as a glance back. Then to the country club where Johnny thinks he has her trapped among the elite of the California dream. He's in his Sunday best, and finally has a physical hold on her. "Can we at least finish the dance?" Now, NOW, now, he demands civility of her. "Would she reconsider?" "How did it get this far?" "How did I this up?" We never get to find out because Daniel comes into his view finder and Johnny steps over the line for the last time.
    I can't believe that no one has mentioned the transformation that Johnny goes through over the course of the movie. Can you imagine the movie without Johnny finally giving Daniel the recognition he deserves?

silverblk mystix
    the movie; Locke

got good ratings on imdb and rottentomato but this put me to sleep.

D+

I can understand being bored - because the entire movie takes place in one place -

I, however, enjoyed it and thought that there was a lot to read - between the lines. The dead father stuff, the "doing things right at all costs stuff"
    among other things. And as overrated as he is becoming and as much as I hate any "flavor of the month actor"

Tom Hardy knocked it out of the park.

(also the fact that Hardy has been pegged to do the new "The Road Warrior" kinda sux for me anyway)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I can't believe that no one has mentioned the transformation that Johnny goes through over the course of the movie. Can you imagine the movie without Johnny finally giving Daniel the recognition he deserves?
    Exactly. The actor deserves great praise for his portrayal of this character. We get to (see) Johnny and this allows us to empathize with him at some juncture along the running time of his pathology. And it's so spot on for a young man of his age. Obviously he comes from an upper crust family, he's in the country club. But, early on we're privy to his oath to make his senior year a good year. He'll be an (ex-degenerate.) He broke up with Alie, dismissed her in the blink of an eye. Then he's reminded of her not first hand, but, by one of his crew. This boy (Bobby?) mocks just a little as he points out below on the beach Alie with Daniel to Johnny. What would have happened had he seen her without one of his gang seeing her? Perhaps he'd a been affected and approached her at another time instead of storming the beach to lay claim to her. Not now though. He's been humiliated and he doesn't forget, nor does rehab himself. No, he commits an assault within minutes of vowing to change his ways. Then commits another criminal act by bringing drugs onto his high school campus.

Johnny is ruled by testosterone fueled by Kove's direction and Alie---always on the edges. He had her, but, it wasn't enough. Now? Well, now there is nothing. Some account that his upbringing instilled in him remains though and tugs at him. At the fence when he is implored to stop he blows thru the stop sign in an incredible display of rage, and for the second time loiters murdering Daniel, this time beating him to death.

So, when he does finally face total failure at the hands of Daniel he rises to his finest moment to this point in his young life. Where he failed Alie, he finds his honor now. Johnny will have to deal with Kove now and KK2 withstanding God only knows how that would have evolved.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Godzilla (2014) 5/10

Why is this movie called that? More like Aliens. All this movie needed was Sigourney Weaver's manly face to complete the fest.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The Raid 2

8.5/10

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Open Grave (2014)

2/10. It was abysmal. 2 hours of my life lost.

silverblk mystix
    Angriest Man in Brooklyn 6/10

Not too bad and some Robin Williams scenes dealing with mortality, death, living right, leaving with grace, etc...

were a little touching/eerie - depending on your point of view.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Godzilla (2014)

1/10. My God it was awful. Bland script. No character development. No story or plot that you care for, and you hardly ever even get to see Godzilla. He's a sideshow in his own movie. It could not have been worse. Seriously. I'm just stunned at how epicly bad this movie was.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Spidey 2

7/10

Good pop corn flick

Humor was pretty good

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Divergent

I somehow managed to watch the whole movie is about the best thing I can say about it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Spidey 2

7/10

Good pop corn flick

Humor was pretty good
    Agree. Special effects are underrated. With a good tv and surround sound the the electro fight scenes look sound amazing.

It's also been able to have a different vibe than all the other comic book movies. Think they've done a decent job with this reboot.

Divergent

I somehow managed to watch the whole movie is about the best thing I can say about it.
    Pretty much. I kept thinking when is damn movie gonna end.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    My cable provider (Cox) put the Rocky franchise into the free area over the last two weeks. It was HD as well.

Watching Rocky is always a special treat. Each time one finds something new. And I found several things this past weekend. "Jergens" Thayer David finds Rocky in the Spectrum the night before the fight takes place. To Jergens it is and would be just another fight, even less so because Rocky is such a "bum." And Stallone, who's property (Rocky) is treats the sequence as such. Rocky is mesmerized by the tall pictures of the two combatants, but, not enough so to not notice the color of his garb in the cutout. Jergens brushes it off, because he is older, he has seen big fights, been thru it all, absolutely all and he just wants to get the fight over and collect his money as "matchmaker."

Still another part that is sheer brilliance by Stallone= It's late, Adrian has now moved into his apartment and Rocky is having doubts, serious doubts. The noise is over, the promotion is done. Only the fight remains and Rocky knows he can't win. He just wants to survive and has reservations whether he can even do that. He confesses these thoughts and fantasies to Adrian. Now it is here that Stallone steps forward. Instead of Adrian asking what "he" will do. She queries: "What are [we] going to do?" It is distinction that is important as the American male only sees himself. The woman always sees both. This is then proven out at the end of II. when Rocky defeats Creed and proclaims to a home bound Adrian: "[I] did it."

And it is the ballet that Stallone produces in Rocky that is so beautiful. Afterward as once again Jergens goes thru the post fight ritual of a split decision. Instead of Stallone getting lazy and/or rushed and having Jergens state the result off the cuff,,,no,,,we find Jergens holding 3 cards, not 2, or a in' handful, but, the exact requisite 3 (fanned out just enough so we can see that Stallone knew and took care of it, yes for him, but, also for us.) And the reporters being stalked by sound track cameras back & forth as the cards are coming out. It's an incredible piece of film making by an absolute master.

2nd Verse Same as the 1st Oh, Gee!!'s Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    guardians of galaxy-8.9. good movie overall; cool special effects and many lol moments

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    7/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Cap Winter Soldier 8/10

Probably the 2nd best stand alone movie in the MCU.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Jack Reacher (2012)

5/10. Tom Cruise is pretty good in it as a badass investigator. Kinda long though and didn't really like how it ended. Would still recommend.
    Last edited by TheyCallMePro; 09-09-2014 at 05:35 PM.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i was watchin anime sword art online 1+2, similar to the movies like total recall/inception/surrogate/matrix revolutions

in real life u will die naturally like everyone else,

but would u want to live immortality in the virtual world where ur mind is hook up to that world, while ur body is frozen and maintain by something in the real world...

i think thats the only way someone can actually live pass 150yrs old...physical body is stored while mind is locked online...

(isnt it the same as being in a deep coma/eternal sleep without the plug being pulled)

ps. if ur into that sort of scifi stuff, watch sword are online 2....the NRA and gun collectors would love that show...its base on guns mmorg world..dont know if its very detail into the guns descriptions and ...but so far so good cause this clown cleared another game and is allowed to transfer his stats to another game where he has higher stats compared to some new noob leveling his character
    Love SAO but the decision to start a new story line halfway through season 1 really pissed me off. They had something special and decided to scrap it and start over. Reminds me of when they killed "L" off in Deathnote. Just stupid.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They have that on Netflix. Might check it out.

Are there only 2 seasons of it? Is it complete?

Last movie watched..

Blue Ruin 7.5/10

Started slow and I was very confused but it picked up at the end.

Thread Information