Page 104 of 238 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 5943
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lucy 4/10 - Started off interesting enough, but I thought she was gonna kick some ass or take advantage of some cools powers, and it just never materialized. The movie just abruptly ended and then I realized I just wasted an hour and a half of my life.

Merry Friggin' Christmas (jury is out on the score, haven't finished the movie yet) - IIRC, it's Robin Williams last movie. Was decent from the half I saw. Today's comedies usually have me stop watching within the first 10 minutes, so this movie gets credit for keeping me watching half way.)

Annabelle 3/10 - Crap - I gave it 3 points for part where the little girl runs at the camera and morphs into the psycho pre-doll

Elsa and Fred - 0/10 - A movie about an old got who decides he wants some pussy at 70 something years old. No thanks.

Boyhood - 7/10 - The movie itself isn't great at anything in particular, but considering the movie took 12 years to film and literally shows the boy grow up in front of your eyes was pretty cool.

Also.. check out Yify.tv.. great free alternative to Netflix..all the new movies are available there in 720p.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    St. Vincent - 8/10 - Surprisingly good movie. Subtle jokes and Bill Murray's dry sense of humor meshed well with Melissa McCarthy. The kid did a good job in his role too.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    ^I can't do Murray. Ever since "What About Bob" I've had such a hatred.

silverblk mystix
    Culbear, did you hate him in Groundhog Day?

I thought that movie and that performance was pretty solid.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Culbear, did you hate him in Groundhog Day?

I thought that movie and that performance was pretty solid.
    I heard enough at the time about Groundhog Day from the kids to last me a in' lifetime.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I've never liked him in any role, but he is great for the asshole old man they cast in St. Vincent.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I've never liked him in any role, but he is great for the asshole old man they cast in St. Vincent.
    Exactly. There is just something about his delivery, the swagger, it's there in Stripes and Tootsie even. "What About Bob" was the breaking point for me though. That was it. It was on the other nite on a cable channel. I watched just a little to get my blood to boilin'.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Exactly. There is just something about his delivery, the swagger, it's there in Stripes and Tootsie even. "What About Bob" was the breaking point for me though. That was it. It was on the other nite on a cable channel. I watched just a little to get my blood to boilin'.
    You didn't ever see Lost In Translation?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    John Wick - 8/10

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    The last movie I saw w/ticket was Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance). It was a marvelous job of acting by Michael Keaton--though, I guess it isn't hard for a washed out actor to play, well, a washed out movie star. However, the direction of Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu (Babel, Bieutiful, Amor Perros) led this movie down a twisty road. Emma Stone and Ed Norton lend great support as this movie rides well for the 2/3rds of the beginning salvo and then kinda stretches for the finish line in the last 3rd. It is intensely sad though as it deals with what we will all face at least once in our lives or more. The time we become irrelevant. I would recommend this movie if you have a little indy spot in your heart. If you do not, then I'd wait til Redbox or Netflix. 8.5/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Lucy 4/10 - Started off interesting enough, but I thought she was gonna kick some ass or take advantage of some cools powers, and it just never materialized. The movie just abruptly ended and then I realized I just wasted an hour and a half of my life.

Merry Friggin' Christmas (jury is out on the score, haven't finished the movie yet) - IIRC, it's Robin Williams last movie. Was decent from the half I saw. Today's comedies usually have me stop watching within the first 10 minutes, so this movie gets credit for keeping me watching half way.)

Annabelle 3/10 - Crap - I gave it 3 points for part where the little girl runs at the camera and morphs into the psycho pre-doll

Elsa and Fred - 0/10 - A movie about an old got who decides he wants some pussy at 70 something years old. No thanks.

Boyhood - 7/10 - The movie itself isn't great at anything in particular, but considering the movie took 12 years to film and literally shows the boy grow up in front of your eyes was pretty cool.

Also.. check out Yify.tv.. great free alternative to Netflix..all the new movies are available there in 720p.
    why did you watch those movies tbh

Thanks for the link by the way

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    why did you watch those movies tbh

Thanks for the link by the way
    No Directv in the bedroom, but my PC is in there, so I usually stream movies from Yify when I go to bed. I'll put the new releases on and give them 20 minutes to spark my interest. Sometimes you get a surprise gem like St. Vincent, but more often than not you get Elsa and ing Fred.

Enjoy the link, that site is the . Netflix IMO.

hope and change
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Boise State Broncos
    Edge of Tomorrow
    despite the stoner/gamer 'dude! like what if...' premise, and the many plot holes and hollywood cliches. It was damn fun to watch. and for a summer action blockbuster flick, I prefer this to anything Marvel/Batman/Tolkien/etc.

6/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lucy

that sucks big time

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    I decided to watch Avatar for the first time since it left theaters, and wow, what a y movie. James Cameron undeniably has talent and creativity, but he took such a cynical, by the numbers approach to this movie. It's like he went through a list of clichéd movie tropes and checked off every one of them:

- Mary Sue white protagonist who comes in and saves the day? CHECK!
    - Obligatory love interest to mighty whitey? CHECK!
    - Cliche businessman villain who only cares about making money? CHECK!
    - One-dimensional military bad guys for the heroes to fight? CHECK!
    - Cliche environmental subtext? CHECK!

The visuals also don't translate well on a tv as opposed to a movie screen. District 9 looks way more realistic, and it used a fraction of this piece of crap's budget. In fact, if you have never seen this movie and want to watch it, don't. Just watch District 9 instead. , Return of the Jedi came out 30 years ago and did everything better than Avatar did.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    The original "I Spit on your Grave" inexplicably showed up on the cable a week ago. Sweet Jesus...At 23 I wouldn't go see it on principle. Nigh on 40 years later I'd chosen wisely. The kicker:::"we're" not permitted to make movies like that anymore. Isn't that weird?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The original "I Spit on your Grave" inexplicably showed up on the cable a week ago. Sweet Jesus...At 23 I wouldn't go see it on principle. Nigh on 40 years later I'd chosen wisely. The kicker:::"we're" not permitted to make movies like that anymore. Isn't that weird?
    The torture scenes on the new one are ing brutal..reminds me of watching a Laker game

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Relatos Salvajes…AKA... Wild Tales…...............
    An anthology film, it is composed of six standalone shorts united by a common theme of violence and vengeance…
    If Quentin Tarantino and Woody Allen made a film together this would be it…Warped and original…They must dub an English Version…

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I decided to watch Avatar for the first time since it left theaters, and wow, what a y movie. James Cameron undeniably has talent and creativity, but he took such a cynical, by the numbers approach to this movie. It's like he went through a list of clichéd movie tropes and checked off every one of them:

- Mary Sue white protagonist who comes in and saves the day? CHECK!
    - Obligatory love interest to mighty whitey? CHECK!
    - Cliche businessman villain who only cares about making money? CHECK!
    - One-dimensional military bad guys for the heroes to fight? CHECK!
    - Cliche environmental subtext? CHECK!

The visuals also don't translate well on a tv as opposed to a movie screen. District 9 looks way more realistic, and it used a fraction of this piece of crap's budget. In fact, if you have never seen this movie and want to watch it, don't. Just watch District 9 instead. , Return of the Jedi came out 30 years ago and did everything better than Avatar did.
    Avatar is Dances with Wolves mixed with a bit of Pocahontas

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    neighbors 4/10 more waste of my dank, why the are movies so bad now

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    in space

i agree with Lefty in that it didn't translate well on TV as far as the visuals go... but seeing it in theaters was a damn good experience, one i'll always remember tbh

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    in space

i agree with Lefty in that it didn't translate well on TV as far as the visuals go... but seeing it in theaters was a damn good experience, one i'll always remember tbh
    Naw. You two missed out the most obvious comparison--Ferngully in space. The last movie I watched was Fury. I watched it off XBMC and it was an interesting WWII movie. Although they've made so many and there are a couple more coming out this year/season. Brad Pitt reprising a WWII role since Inglorious Bas is not a surprise for he fits that era to a T. The dude from End of Watch (Messican Guy), Shane from The Walking Dead, and a slew of other actors/actresses were in this one. Plot is cool--nothing really varying about it. The tracer fire did look like Star Wars lazers, which, seemed to give the film a little hokey feel. Nonetheless, I enjoyed it because of the flaws. I'll give it a 7/10.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    The Equilizer 7/10

One of those movies where you have to check disbelieve at the door. Like really go into it just for the fun of the creative killings and such.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Equilizer 7/10

One of those movies where you have to check disbelieve at the door. Like really go into it just for the fun of the creative killings and such.
    Agreed.

I watched that and Guardians of the galaxy at this new regal theatre for 3 bucks each at the theatre's soft opening. THe theatre's seats are all king-size recliners with a tray-table and plenty of space. It is a nice experience and only a tiny bit more expensive(25 cents to $1) than normal tickets. The concessions may be more pricy but i can't recall what they are at other theatres right now.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    in space

Was the best 3D experience I've ever had in a theater. Not sure if I'll ever have one like it again.

Thread Information