Page 109 of 238 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 5945
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Equalizer - solid 7.5/10

Not too complicated, but man Denzel is a bad ass in this movie.

hope and change
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Boise State Broncos
    The Equalizer - solid 7.5/10

Not too complicated, but man Denzel is a bad ass in this movie.
    wanted to like it, but so many action movie cliches, I mean come. on.

that John Wick movie was even worse. can't we move on from this line-up-one-at-a-time-to-be-killed-by-awesome-protagonist BS?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    American Sniper

rating: michael moore's gotry = 10/10

Yes. I sign my name. Slutter McGee's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Room 247. About some people who think The Shining was Stanley Kubrick's apology for faking the moon landings..and other assorted .

Pretty funny.

7/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    blackhat
    6.5/10 based on my setting, possible 8/10 in better presentation

This film has tanked at the box office and gotten a lot of bad reviews, even from people who are fans of Mann. Michael Mann is still one of my favorite directors so I went out to see it despite the negativity. Once again, people are either full of or just lemmings, because no way is this Mann's worst film. That would be Public Enemies imo, and this is a really good rebound from that.

I would rate this higher but this old couple kept coughing and talking throughout the film. Plus my mocha frappuccino kicked in towards the end and I thought I was going to piss my pants at the climax. Fortunately...I did not.

Despite those distractions I really dug the film. Someone on another forum said that if you liked Miami Vice you'll like this, and I totally agree with that. This is on par with that, maybe better since it's not bogged down by ing jamie foxx. The cyberthriller isn't really my genre, so that affects my score but I think Mann does some interesting stuff with it. Great cinematography and composition as usual with Mann. Overall better leads than Vice and visually way better than Enemies. Vice had a better closing shot than this, but the action sequences and bad guys in blackhat are maybe more memorable. Plus I'd recommend for anyone who also suffers from yellow fever.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I like how you review movies HI-FI

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I like how you review movies HI-FI
    thanks mein nig. i enjoy sharing things that mean something to me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

that John Wick movie was even worse. can't we move on from this line-up-one-at-a-time-to-be-killed-by-awesome-protagonist BS?
    another ty take from Vander. Wick was well done. No one should go into that looking to pick apart fight sequences. Would you have been happy if they all jumped on him at once in the first scene and killed him? Or just shot him or blew up his house. Make for a very short movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

I don't disagree, but I expected that going in. Of the movies with these cliches, it was done well. Plus denzel was good.

7.5 is a high grade in the middle tier for me.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Unbroken - 8/10 About the stranding and imprisonment of Louis Zamperini who was one of the other stars at the Berlin Olympics besides Mr. Owens. Pretty well done about a local star (Southern California) and the struggle of his dealings with an over zealous Imperial Japan camp death-head. What I found interesting was how they showed the survival portion of being lost at sea. Pretty long movie but it moves pretty fast. I knocked out American Sniper with this movie as well on the same night...with a sick gf...and a needy Welsh Corgi...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Taken 3: Malibu Reckoning

6/10 (being generous)

Man I wanted to like this movie, it just didn't work for me. I've seen the first Taken once, really dug it but never saw the sequel. Maybe if I saw part 2 I'd dig this more.
    I'm no writer so I'm not sure how I would've done it differently, but the basic plot was stupid, once again having Famke Jansen have ty taste in men. There was too much time setting up things, whereas in the first Taken you had a great concept that hooked you right away iirc.
    My biggest beef was the direction. That Olivier Megaton took a mega on the proceedings. I thought the car chase/semi crash was too incomprehensible. Plus that scene where Neeson drove the cop car down an escalator, it quickly explodes yet I don't recall seeing any shot of Neeson getting out. I guess you're supposed to assume he's like Michael Myers at this point, just surviving everything.
    What sucks is I always wanted to see his crew from the first film involved or helping him out, which they did in this one, but it felt mishandled like most of the movie. Plus that final shootout with the guy in his tighty whities was cracking me up, I expected his to pop out on Neeson's face.
    I didn't care for the editing either. Least it was Discount Day at the theater.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    American Sniper

way longer than it needed to be. 8/10

I'm still wondering why a guy that good couldn't have shot the terrorist kids in the legs instead of the heart.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Watched Muppets Most Wanted. I went in knowing it was a silly Muppet movie but still sadly disappointed. I expected with Tina Fey and Ricky Gervais for it to be funny, but it was pretty bad. The plot was fine for a Muppets movie, but the songs (except the opening song) were awful.

3/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Watched Muppets Most Wanted. I went in knowing it was a silly Muppet movie but still sadly disappointed. I expected with Tina Fey and Ricky Gervais for it to be funny, but it was pretty bad. The plot was fine for a Muppets movie, but the songs (except the opening song) were awful.

3/10
    That is your problem, right there.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    22 Jump street. 5/10.

Silly but some funny parts. Ending was ridiculous.

the moment ice cube realized Schmidt ed his daughter

the moment jenko realized it was ice cubes daughter that Schmidt ed.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    22 Jump street. 5/10.

Silly but some funny parts. Ending was ridiculous.

the moment ice cube realized Schmidt ed his daughter

the moment jenko realized it was ice cubes daughter that Schmidt ed.
    Agreed. 21 was much better IMO.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Anybody seen "Fury" with Brad Pitt?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Agreed. 21 was much better IMO.
    I didn't like 21 but that is partly because of the two middle-aged ladies that were beside me were making disgusting comments about channing tatum and wouldn't shut up.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I didn't like 21 but that is partly because of the two middle-aged ladies that were beside me were making disgusting comments about channing tatum and wouldn't shut up.
    What's worse..middle aged skanks creaming themselves to Channing Tatum, or the rows full of inconsiderate, punk ass high school brats on opening weekend?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What's worse..middle aged skanks creaming themselves to Channing Tatum, or the rows full of inconsiderate, punk ass high school brats on opening weekend?
    I stopped going to opening weekends for both reasons.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I stopped going to opening weekends for both reasons.

The kids are the worst..laughing and talking, cell phones glowing..every jump scare requires them to laugh and talk about how scared they were for at least 3 minutes after the scare..weekday movies, FTW.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I pretty much never go on opening weekend because of that and so i dont have to worry about finding good seats but im gonna say the former. The latter hasn't stopped me from watching the movie again or its sequels.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Cast Away 8/10

Been a minute since I last saw it. Dat tooth scene tho. Still makes me cringe.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

The kids are the worst..laughing and talking, cell phones glowing..every jump scare requires them to laugh and talk about how scared they were for at least 3 minutes after the scare..weekday movies, FTW.
    It really sucks too because some movies are more enjoyable when the entire audience is being taken on that ride be it humor action or drama.

One of my best movie experiences as being part of the audience was Forrest Gump. Great experience at a crowded theater.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Cast Away 8/10

Been a minute since I last saw it. Dat tooth scene tho. Still makes me cringe.
    Not to be anal, but, just knocking that tooth out would not alleviate his problem. He'd have to get it out at the root as well as the nerves down in the root. That takes an oral surgeon. That rock would slice it off at the gum line.

---

Also, I've watched this movie a few times since it's initial release and either I'm wrong, or, they cut a part out. I recall at first a part where he goes to the top of that mountain on the island in order to hop off and commit suicide, but, now I never see that part. Am I right, or, am I wrong on this?

Thread Information