Page 111 of 238 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 5943
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    he should have shot the grenade out of the kid's hand
    Sniper was the one stressing about it...not me. I'm fine with killing that lil' terrahist.

If he's such a bad ass that can kill a dude from what was it....2 miles away...why couldn't he save himself some grief and just maim the kid at what looked like about 200 yards

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Response from Beck. LOL.

In an interview later with Us Weekly, Beck said, "I was just so excited he was coming up. He deserves to be on stage as much as anybody. How many great records has he put out in the last five years right?"

And when asked about West's Beyonce comments, Beck said, "I thought she was going to win. Come on, she's Beyonce!"
    "You can't please everybody, man," Beck added. "I still love him [West] and think he's genius. I aspire to do what he does."

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Jupiter ascending

Garbage. I'm done having hope the Wachowskis are gonna come up with something good

0/10
    The movie has some really nice visual gems like the canon blast in the corn field or even the chandeliers in the space ship docking bay. But the storyline is really bad - actually not so much bad as non existing. Which I guess is the reason you start noticing the art direction.

Also not a fan of the gravity skate boots - sounds like a good idea but somehow looked dorky.

Mila Kunis is gorgeous and I hope Channing Tatum is doing the same for the female audience, otherwise this two hours flick will seem even longer.

2/10 because of the stunning visuals and my crush on Mila Kunis.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

9.4/10

I'd give it a full 10/10, but after the first 7.5 hours I hit a small dry spell and had to pause for a while. But a great experience overall. Recommended for all ages.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Draft Day with Kevin Costner

3 / 10

I want my 2 hours back.....

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Penn State Nittany Lions
    Interstellar 6/10

Some of it was interesting at the beginning but then it just became silly. Nolan has been mailing it in for quite a while now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Final Sacrifice:
    Classic buddy flick pitting an effeminate teen and his mullet-haired protector Zap Rowsdower against a cult led by Morrisey bent on world domination... and finding a map.

I give this a solid 8.5 out of 10. Good acting, a story that keeps you on the edge of your seat and the real, live version of Yosemite Sam shows up in a legendary cameo appearance you don't want to miss!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Nightcrawler

6.5/10

As creepy as Jake was in this film, he didn't even come close to how predictable the film itself was. If you imagine Hollywood's impression of paparazzi, you pretty much get where this film goes. The film doesn't make sense in many aspects, especially Jake's genius considering his condition at the start of the film. He's obviously OCD, and at times he gets into places you could probably never get into nearly as easily. It's a borderline B rated flick tbh. Some people I talked to acted like it was a masterpiece. It's just a "we hate them" movie regarding news sources.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I saw it and thought it was pretty good. i'd give it at least 7.5. Wish i could give you more but i'm a terrible critic.
    Saw it as well. If Shy got wasn't in it playing a tough guy, I'd rate it higher. Is it just me or did Pitt seem like Inglorious Basterds dude a bit older? Odd he keeps making movies from that period about killing Germans. Sure Jon Voight has nothing to do with that.

"My name is Jon Voight and I am more than angry, I am heartsick that people like Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem could incite anti-Semitism all over the world and are oblivious to the damage they have caused.

They are obviously ignorant of the whole story of Israel’s birth, when in 1948 the Jewish people were offered by the UN a portion of the land originally set aside for them in 1921, and the Arab Palestinians were offered the other half. The Arabs rejected the offer, and the Jews accepted, only to be attacked by five surrounding Arab countries committed to driving them into the sea. But the Israelis won. The Arabs tried it again in 1967, and again in 1973, launching a sneak attack on the holiest Jewish holiday. Each time the Jews prevailed but not without great loss of life. And when Israel was not fighting a major war, it was defending itself against terrorist campaigns. "
    Last edited by DMC; 02-16-2015 at 02:23 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Anybody ever see "The Grey?" And if so, can you give a number rating. I'd appreciate it.
    Have you ever read "To Build a Fire"? If so, you know the movie already.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Heat

A tad too schematic, but Deniro, Pacino and even Sizemore delivered in this movie. Still on one of the best action, heist flick to date.
    9/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Kentucky Wildcats
    Heat

A tad too schematic, but Deniro, Pacino and even Sizemore delivered in this movie. Still on one of the best action, heist flick to date.
    9/10
    Classic

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Heat

9/10
    Aside from the aborted drive in drop & the bank robbery and subsequent shoot out it's tedious. And the Judd girl has no business among this cast, none.

But, my God, that shoot out after the robbery. It's been on the cable for the last week and I DVR'ed it on an HD instance. If you turn that up on a good sound system, way up it is sublime. The sounds & speech you'll pick up is astounding. Especially after they've exited the getaway car. Sizemore trudgin' across that street, in the background under heavy fire is still a grand sight.

And Mann does a good job with the driver. We don't see him get shot we just hear the impact of the round & then see the blood swamp hit the inside of the driver side windshield. "5 minutes" ago this kid was under the thumb of something worse, far worse and would forever be. Now, he is free.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    I love the moby song at the end of Heat, though...fits perfectly

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I love the moby song at the end of Heat, though...fits perfectly
    it's funny you say that, was watching one of the Bourne movies the other day and just realized for the first time how much i liked the Moby song at the end

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Yeah Extreme Ways gets you pumped up for the eventual sequel(s)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Yeah Extreme Ways gets you pumped up for the eventual sequel(s)
    i like the siren music sound after she realizes he's close enough to see her.

(forget the fact she's faced away from the window)

45 seconds in

Just outstanding.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Kingsman

English gentlemen spies vs. an over the top vilain in a movie that doesn't take itself seriously. Enjoyable 2 hours (or however long the movie is). I was entertained because I didn't expect anything more than what the film promised and delivered: A bit of fun.

I should really only give it a 7, but I'm going to go with an 8/10, just because of the church fight scene.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Big Ass Spider

watched it blazed and it was great

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Interstellar - 8.5/10 tbh.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Kingsman

English gentlemen spies vs. an over the top vilain in a movie that doesn't take itself seriously. Enjoyable 2 hours (or however long the movie is). I was entertained because I didn't expect anything more than what the film promised and delivered: A bit of fun.

I should really only give it a 7, but I'm going to go with an 8/10, just because of the church fight scene.
    It was over the top, but that was expected. That church fight scene...holy . I will say this, without Firth the movie is borderline forgettable. He was just awesome.

7.5/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    The Equalizer 7/10
    A most violent year 7.5/10
    The Judge 7.5/10
    American Sniper 8/10
    Fury 7/10
    Unbroken 6.5/10
    The Gambler 6/10

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Better Call Saul based half an episode on it, so I rewatched Bob Fosse's backhanded love letter to himself, All that Jazz. Chief Brody was a good as I remembered except he couldn't sing or dance, but everyone else sure could. The lines between reality and fantasy get blurred all over the place; it's a fictionalized account of Fosse's creating the musical Chicago while simultaneously editing his film Lenny, along with all the drugs and women that had to go along with that. Fosse's ex-girlfriend stars as Fosse's girlfriend, of course. Jessica Lange is death, of course. The ending production is impressively self-indulgent; not quite as awesome as I remember but a little more poignant seeing as Fosse was only off by about seven years. One of the movies that closed the book on the 70s. 8/10

PS: I'm glad I haven't gone any longer in life without knowing Michael Jackson owed pretty much his entire dancing style to one Fosse number in a film adaptation of The Little Prince from 1974. Dude almost moonwalked in the damn thing, fer chrissakes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Nightcrawler

6.5/10

As creepy as Jake was in this film, he didn't even come close to how predictable the film itself was. If you imagine Hollywood's impression of paparazzi, you pretty much get where this film goes. The film doesn't make sense in many aspects, especially Jake's genius considering his condition at the start of the film. He's obviously OCD, and at times he gets into places you could probably never get into nearly as easily. It's a borderline B rated flick tbh. Some people I talked to acted like it was a masterpiece. It's just a "we hate them" movie regarding news sources.
    I loved it. It started off as a rags to riches movie (and eventually ends up as one), but once the triple homicide occurred, I didn't know what was going to happen. That car chase was much more thrilling after it was built up after a good 15 minutes than it was in the trailer. And Jake have one of a performance.

The two biggest (which have been addressed by RedLetterMedia) are the soundtrack and the direction. Put David Fincher in the director's chair and Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross in charge of the score, and you have an even creepier movie. For the subject matter that the movie touched on, the soundtrack was noticeably bland.

Neither problem prevented me from loving the movie, though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Kingsman

I just saw it and that grade sounds good. I also liked how a certain person's head got blown up(don't want it in real life but liked seeing it in the movie)

ANd holy . I didn't realize the professor near the beginning was Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker)
    Last edited by Aztecfan03; 02-17-2015 at 11:38 PM.

Thread Information