Page 117 of 238 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 5943
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    1947's "Polly Want a Cracker". Mr. Tibbens preaching in those black nylons. Quite the image it leaves in a young boy's mind. The build up from the death of Marm Priggens through the generations to the marriage between kind John and the treacherous Harrient...makes one appreciate the civilities of modern times. And that cad, Johannes...what a little skamp.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    The Dark Valley 8/10

Pleasantly surprised with this movie. Turned out to be great.

Imagine a wild wild west guy seeks revenge on a group of guys type of movie but in a wintery setting.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Currently watching We Are Monster

Infinite_limit
    's wet dream come to life.

Also recommend to DJR210 Pauly D and m>s

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Django Unchained - 7/10 - Always thought this had some sci-fi flavor because of the cover, turned out to be pretty good

Jurassic World - 7/10 - Good movie to watch w/ the fam.. Good special effects, was what I expected.. too bad I saw a ty webrip and not the 3D IMAX version

Ted 2 - 5/10 - I actually enjoyed Ted, but this wasn't nearly as funny IMO. Not the worst movie, but then again I was ing high beyond recognition, anything would have been enjoyable tbh

Taking of Deborah Logan - 3/10 - Crap. Never trust blacks.

I'll check it out after I watch Dude Bro Party Massacre III

http://yify.tv/watch-dude-bro-party-...ine-free-yify/
    Last edited by DJR210; 07-19-2015 at 06:22 PM.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Crap. Never trust blacks.

I'll check it out after I watch Dude Bro Party Massacre III
    Yeah I downloaded it from there. Downloading Kill The Messenger now and will watch it later on.

CubanSucksSuperFunTimeGo! Pauly D's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Currently watching We Are Monster

Infinite_limit
    's wet dream come to life.

Also recommend to DJR210 Pauly D and m>s
    Does it have something to do with this?

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Does it have something to do with this?

Try again.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Jersey Nets
    I don't know. I'm not gonna watch it and when I looked it up she was one of the first on the cast members

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    I don't know. I'm not gonna watch it and when I looked it up she was one of the first on the cast members
    I mean I dont know what you're talking about. The picture you tried to post didn't show up.

The movie is just 100% just bigoted toward black and pakis with brutal murder.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Jersey Nets
    I mean I dont know what you're talking about. The picture you tried to post didn't show up
    http://m.imdb.com/name/nm3549573/

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Jurassic World 1/10

What a waste of time.

The ing kids were so awful. Halfway through the movie my eyes started to bleed a little.

How in the do you give the most annoying gity kids so much screen time?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    Jurassic World 1/10

What a waste of time.

The ing kids were so awful. Halfway through the movie my eyes started to bleed a little.

How in the do you give the most annoying gity kids so much screen time?
    JW could have been repackaged and rebranded as a movie on the SyFy channel and no one would have noticed. It'd have made no difference.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I enjoyed "Chef" (probably sponsored by twitter), with Jon Farveau, Leguizamo, Vergara, ScarJo, cameos by Downey Jr., Dustin Hoffman, etc. 7/10

I'd say it's one of those feel good movies, not my usual preference but whatever.

It is what it is. Mark in Austin's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Love & Mercy 9/10

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Watched "Gilda" again last nite on TCM. I DVR'ed it from the nite before when TCM had Dame Joan Collins as guest programmer and she choose this film and spoke about glowingly and at length. It's from '46. The 3 principle characters speak of "love" & "hate" in this film, intertwine the two until the last frame as the two who were (one) before the film commences disappear from the camera enroute for home and American soil.

Watching Rita Hayworth for 2 hours, singing, dancing, smiling, stripping, dressing, undressing, smiling, loving, hating, smiling, dancing, hating, loving and smiling is a privilege. One that I plan on partaking of again & again & again.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Watched "Gilda" again last nite on TCM. I DVR'ed it from the nite before when TCM had Dame Joan Collins as guest programmer and she choose this film and spoke about glowingly and at length. It's from '46. The 3 principle characters speak of "love" & "hate" in this film, intertwine the two until the last frame as the two who were (one) before the film commences disappear from the camera enroute for home and American soil.

Watching Rita Hayworth for 2 hours, singing, dancing, smiling, stripping, dressing, undressing, smiling, loving, hating, smiling, dancing, hating, loving and smiling is a privilege. One that I plan on partaking of again & again & again.
    What do you think of 12 angry men, cub?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    What do you think of 12 angry men, cub?
    Yep, love it. Only grown more excellent as the years have passed. And I'll tell ya, the remake ain't the original, sure, but, it's watchable. And there is a foreign make of this I believe called "12" that ain't bad either.

That old man in the original. I wanted to hit him, hard. Pain in the ass.

The Lee J. Cobb character was the most difficult to execute for the production and Cobb. Cobb had to go somewhere to pull that off. Somewhere dark and barren. I God's, it's just perfection to see this character go from pillar to post in less than 2 hours. And make legible sense throughout the journey. You want to rush it, but, if you did we wouldn't be talking about it over 50 years later.

Robert Webber, so gd new and fresh it's breathtaking to behold.

Warden, tried & true,,,right there.

Ed Begley, never a bad moment on screen.

But, it's Fonda bringing it to the table, and then Cobb taking it and making us beholden to his talent, making us proud.

I've said it before and on this Friday, I'll reaffirm right here, right now...

American Film

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    I saw Pixels very, very early this morning. I give it a 6/10 because you didn't go in expecting to see something Oscar worthy, just something that would give you some cheap laughs like Ace Ventura and it delivered, though not as funny as the movie I just mentioned.

I wish someone had mentioned that it stole the concept for the movie from an episode of Futurama.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yep, love it. Only grown more excellent as the years have passed. And I'll tell ya, the remake ain't the original, sure, but, it's watchable. And there is a foreign make of this I believe called "12" that ain't bad either.

That old man in the original. I wanted to hit him, hard. Pain in the ass.

The Lee J. Cobb character was the most difficult to execute for the production and Cobb. Cobb had to go somewhere to pull that off. Somewhere dark and barren. I God's, it's just perfection to see this character go from pillar to post in less than 2 hours. And make legible sense throughout the journey. You want to rush it, but, if you did we wouldn't be talking about it over 50 years later.

Robert Webber, so gd new and fresh it's breathtaking to behold.

Warden, tried & true,,,right there.

Ed Begley, never a bad moment on screen.

But, it's Fonda bringing it to the table, and then Cobb taking it and making us beholden to his talent, making us proud.

I've said it before and on this Friday, I'll reaffirm right here, right now...

American Film
    Yeah, you know there's more to Cobbs reasoning, but you don't know what it is. You see it in his face, you hear it in his voice, but you can't figure out why. Then, at the end, it's comes out, unwillingly, but the seed is revealed.

Love this movie. It's still hold up today. Never seen the remake.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Yeah, you know there's more to Cobbs reasoning, but you don't know what it is. You see it in his face, you hear it in his voice, but you can't figure out why. Then, at the end, it's comes out, unwillingly, but the seed is revealed.

Love this movie. It's still hold up today. Never seen the remake.
    Even then,,,there is so much more to it, so much more we want to hear Cobb vomit forth, to "see", but, to do so would be wrong, and the production knew it. Even "Cobb" knew it. ---'That's enough.'--- They sealed us to the screen, put us fully back in our seats and quieted the room we were in, or the theater it played.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Early on, Fondas admitting to not knowing whether he's guilty or not, but not willing someone to let die without even having a discussion is beyond him. The others are worried and in a hurry to get back to their everyday lives, which is something we are all guilty of, so you can easily relate.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    12 Angry Men delivers a good message through horrible execution. Juror number 8 is an idiot who should have caused a mistrial.

And lol at there being any reasonable doubt when the suspect:
    -claimed he was going to kill his dad.
    -couldn't remember anything about the movies he allegedly saw that night.
    -was witnessed committing the murder by somebody.
    -had the exact same kind of knife as the murder weapon, and it coincidentally went missing.

If somebody can't be convicted off of those facts, it would be damn near impossible to put a murderer behind bars without DNA or video evidence.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    12 Angry Men delivers a good message through horrible execution. Juror number 8 is an idiot who should have caused a mistrial.

And lol at there being any reasonable doubt when the suspect:
    -claimed he was going to kill his dad.
    -couldn't remember anything about the movies he allegedly saw that night.
    -was witnessed committing the murder by somebody.
    -had the exact same kind of knife as the murder weapon, and it coincidentally went missing.

If somebody can't be convicted off of those facts, it would be damn near impossible to put a murderer behind bars without DNA or video evidence.
    I do not believe this film is about guilt OR innocence, 0. It's about the process we're guaranteed.

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Kung Fu Killer (Donnie Yen) 8.5

Pretty good story about a serial killer who kills top martial artists with their own styles.

Thread Information