North by Northwest(1959)
    8.5/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Cars 2

Pixar should hang their heads in shame for this tired storyline and script.

2/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I Seen't Up in the Air. I'm glad that movies with no real plot or climax are getting made now. Good for Hollywood. I give this useless exercise in annoying pretentiousness a rating of CuckingFunt.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Besides the unoriginality problem, The Hangover II had long lulls where there literally were no jokes at all. And were the girls really necessary?

Anyway, I just watched 127 Hours. I was going to give it an 8, but then I heard Sigur Ros, so it gets a 9 out of 10.

Name
    Why?
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The Rite .... 10
    Unstoppable .... 10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    I just watched Ninja Assasin. Loved it! 8/10

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Book of Eli 8/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Chungking Express 9.5/10

Infernal Affairs - 7/10

It is what it is. Mark in Austin's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    The Mission - Robert DeNiro & Jeremy Irons

9/10

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    TF3 - 7/10

Shutter Island - 8/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Chungking Express 9.5/10

Infernal Affairs - 7/10

Chugking was good. 2046 is better. Check out Last Life in the Universe too.

Saw X-Men first class for july 4th. It didn't suck terribly, and it wasn't great. Good cast. script. Cool fighting sequences, but that's expected for a superhero flick. It was not Marvel's Dark Knight. Hopefully the Wolverine movie gets it right. (Wish Aronofsky was directing it tho) 5.5/10

Saw The Tree of Life. It was close to perfection, but wouldn't recommend it under the cir stances of it being labeled as a major motion flick by any means. Closer to Space Odyssey than anything. No action, minimal dialogue... more like a symphony of memories than anything. 8.5/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

8/10
    Heartwarming, feel good movie. Helped me to forget that my daughter got calf tats.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Chugking was good. 2046 is better. Check out Last Life in the Universe too.
    I've seen 2046, also one of my favorites but i wouldn't rate it higher than Chungking Express or Fallen Angels, In The Mood for Love is also up there. tbh, Wong Kar-Wai makes some amazing films can't go wrong with any of those.
    I'll check out Last Life in the Universe.

These aren't the droids you're looking for jman3000's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Saw Horrible Bosses last night. Meh. Pretty much all of the good parts are in the trailer.

Anniston is hot as in it though. The dude with the light beard has a really annoying pitch in his voice. By the end of the movie I was hoping for as little dialogue from him at all.

Jason Sudeikis or whatever his name is kind of a lady killer and it just doesn't play well considering how goofy he looks.

6.5/10

These aren't the droids you're looking for jman3000's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Double Post

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    DodgeBall 6.5

You have to get Ben Stillers humor and what he is doing a parody of.
    I do and liked it. Not as great as Zoolander but solid show nonetheless.

Ford is the Best in Texas scottspurs's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Cedar Rapids 7.5/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers

Great movie to watch if one is feeling down.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Redzero i know you've been asked this before, but once again what is that creature in your sig?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Infernal Affairs - can't judge objectively without comparing it to The Departed.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Source Code - awesome movie. Duncan Jones can't do wrong so far.

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I've been watching the 1994 remake of "The Getaway" with Alec Baldwin & Kim Basinger. I put it on the DVR, tore it apart, and found a good motion picture. Not great by any means, but, a stout effort. These two actors are strong here. Baldwin takes her along with him and she follows without hesitation. Doesn't grudge him the pole. It's something just to watch these two work and they labor mightily. Both are at prime. Both equally beautiful. When they're on the screen the movie is high end. When they're not, it's a problem. It was filmed here on location.

There's a part, in the beginning. Baldwin's character: "Doc McCoy" is double crossed on the border and ends up in a Mexican prison on a 20-year sentence. She comes down to visit him. He's bearded, sweaty. The bars, not regular jail cell bars, but, just rebar separates them as they stand and converse in whispers. He can get out if she'll contact a big shot (James Woods) who operates a crime syndicate along the border. The camera switches back & forth between them, lines being read, facial expressions being shown in response to the lines.

- "You'll contact him."

- Her eyes well.

- "Just get me the out of here."

- She searches his face as near panick seizes her

- "Can you do that." We're not shown his face as this line is delivered. Just hers.
    Then immediately,
    - "Can you do that for me?" We're shown his face now. His voice breaks here & falls alarmingly softer. The tears don't well, but, they enter around his eyes.

- "I'm not spending the next 20 years without you."

A good portion of the remainder of the motion picture is wisely spent on these two as they come to the realization of his request. He knew what would happen. He knew. And her unconditional acceptance of the terms that it presented for her. She found out. And absolved him of his responsibility.

"You'd a done the same for the me. Wouldn't you, Doc?"

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I've been watching the 1994 remake of "The Getaway" with Alec Baldwin & Kim Basinger. I put it on the DVR, tore it apart, and found a good motion picture. Not great by any means, but, a stout effort. These two actors are strong here. Baldwin takes her along with him and she follows without hesitation. Doesn't grudge him the pole. It's something just to watch these two work and they labor mightily. Both are at prime. Both equally beautiful. When they're on the screen the movie is high end. When they're not, it's a problem. It was filmed here on location.

There's a part, in the beginning. Baldwin's character: "Doc McCoy" is double crossed on the border and ends up in a Mexican prison on a 20-year sentence. She comes down to visit him. He's bearded, sweaty. The bars, not regular jail cell bars, but, just rebar separates them as they stand and converse in whispers. He can get out if she'll contact a big shot (James Woods) who operates a crime syndicate along the border. The camera switches back & forth between them, lines being read, facial expressions being shown in response to the lines.

- "You'll contact him."

- Her eyes well.

- "Just get me the out of here."

- She searches his face as near panick seizes her

- "Can you do that." We're not shown his face as this line is delivered. Just hers.
    Then immediately,
    - "Can you do that for me?" We're shown his face now. His voice breaks here & falls alarmingly softer. The tears don't well, but, they enter around his eyes.

- "I'm not spending the next 20 years without you."

A good portion of the remainder of the motion picture is wisely spent on these two as they come to the realization of his request. He knew what would happen. He knew. And her unconditional acceptance of the terms that it presented for her. She found out. And absolved him of his responsibility.

"You'd a done the same for the me. Wouldn't you, Doc?"
    I approve of the Cubster's entrance into the Club, I always thought other forums (like the NFL ) could use more Culburn. As for that flick, I wasn't a real fan of that movie but it did have some great parts specifically everything with Tilly and Madsen, and Richard Farnsworth dominated hard in his cameo. Best scene of film tbh

Thread Information