Page 127 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 5943
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    The Neon Demon - My initial reaction is utter confusion and wtf. I think this mess of a movie will appreciate over time and become a cult classic, though. I wish I was on molly for this scene, starting at 2:50 mark

Last edited by DD; 11-05-2016 at 01:55 PM.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Star Trek Beyond 7/10
    Dr Strange 6.7/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Anybody seen Hacksaw Ridge yet?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Anybody seen Hacksaw Ridge yet?
    The advertisements look crappy. A lot of computer graphics, rear photography and a sissified soldier. Yeah, Mel got his mind right. You couldn't make me go with a gun to my head. Go ahead and try and see what happens.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    The advertisements look crappy. A lot of computer graphics, rear photography and a sissified soldier. Yeah, Mel got his mind right. You couldn't make me go with a gun to my head. Go ahead and try and see what happens.
    I wish Mel would finally make Berserker, maybe now that Hollywood let him out of the dungeon he can get Leo back on board.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Neon Demon - My initial reaction is utter confusion and wtf. I think this mess of a movie will appreciate over time and become a cult classic, though. I wish I was on molly for this scene, starting at 2:50 mark

Really polarizing movie but I really liked it.
    4/5

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

The movie is like a two hour long music video. I actually fell asleep through it. I'm gonna have to go back and give it a watch.

hope and change
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Boise State Broncos
    Just saw or Highwater and wow - such a great movie. Top 3 film of the year for me so far. Naturally, I'm a Jeff Bridges fan, but this was special.
    or High Water. Really enjoyable film.
    or High Water 9/10

This is one of the best crafted movies I've seen in years. Bridges and Chris Pine ftw..
    9.5/10 --

This was the last move I saw. It wasn't just a great movie, it was one of the year's best. Pine and Foster were great together. What is Foster not good in?!
    never heard of this movie outside of ST. It lived up the hype of these posts, best I've seen in quite a while.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    never heard of this movie outside of ST. It lived up the hype of these posts, best I've seen in quite a while.
    Nice! Glad you enjoyed it too. I need to see it again here at home. Cast, storyline, setting, music, all was perfect imo.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    The Wailing - It has all the worst attributes of South Korean movies: it's bloated, convoluted, and illogical. The only reason the movie was so long was because the protagonist didn't have a single rational bone in his body. Apparently, cops have neither guns nor handcuffs, and they are not allowed to arrest anybody ever. The cops in this movie made the cops in The Chaser seem like a group of John McClanes in comparison.

Unnecessarily long. Unnecessarily convoluted. And nobody's choices made any sense. Red herring after red herring after red herring, and I'm supposed to care about what happened in the end? It's like A Tale of Two Sisters in that it didn't know what story it wanted to tell, and it suffered because of it.
    Last edited by redzero; 01-04-2017 at 06:37 AM.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Dallas Buyers Club...finally got a chance to watch it. One of the best films I've ever seen.

9.5/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Watching "Knowing" with that idiot Nick Cage on the SyFy Channel,,,just DVR'ing it and buzzing thru the commercials when I get enough materiel to actually watch a goodly portion. What a terrible downer. Yet, for some reason it's watchable. Especially the plane crash sequence. Best one I've ever seen.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Watching "Knowing" with that idiot Nick Cage on the SyFy Channel,,,just DVR'ing it and buzzing thru the commercials when I get enough materiel to actually watch a goodly portion. What a terrible downer. Yet, for some reason it's watchable. Especially the plane crash sequence. Best one I've ever seen.
    Yeah...it's aight. Makes me wonder how many of his movies would be "good" with another lead. He should have stopped with the one wher he stole the baby.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Ragtime - 3/10...boring and long af

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Speaking of that...I still haven't had time to take in The Revenant. It's it worth sitting throught 2.5 hrs?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Speaking of that...I still haven't had time to take in The Revenant. It's it worth sitting throught 2.5 hrs?
    Yeah. For sure. Good movie.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Yes it's very good, but not a classic. Tom Hardy is terrific, Leo is pretty good, but this isn't even a top 5 performance from him imo.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Tbh the true story is much more interesting than the movie makes it out to be. Hugh Glass traveled 200 miles through the snow with no food or equipment on a broken leg and exposed ribs over a six week period, and he survived. That's ing impressive.

As for the movie, Tom Hardy is entertaining, and the bear scene is impressive, but beyond that it's a bunch of Leo grunting through tbe forest alone.
    Last edited by Xevious; 01-09-2017 at 11:18 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Tbh the true story is much more interesting than the movie makes it out to be. Hugh Glass traveled 200 miles through the snow with no food or equipment on a broken leg and exposed ribs over a six week period, and he survived. That's ing impressive.

As for the movie, Tom Hardy is entertaining, and the bear scene is impressive, but beyond that it's a bunch of Leo grunting through tbe forest alone.
    Agreed. I'm a big fan of Lubezki but not as much of a fan of the director. Still a solid movie.
    Hardy is the MVP, "tree******s" should be included in the Oxford dictionary

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    i remember the movie being pretty but still remember the plane crash scene vividly

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    i remember the movie being pretty but still remember the plane crash scene vividly
    Yeah, it's not a formidable picture, but, it does sustain itself. The characters are for the most part correct, especially the female lead---the daughter of the woman who wrote the paper predicting the ELE 50 years onward. At first sight this daughter is wounded, she isn't intact, but, suffering mightily so when Cage approaches her she is almost relieved that the key to unlock her torment has arrived. I thought that was kind of the production to assign such a "mood" and for her to execute the direction.

The children, especially the boy are aggravating. I want to beat that youngster severely.

Cage's buddy at work does as much as he can with what he's handed, but, him standing there with his wife at the end? Lord-a-mighty.

I thought the relationship twixt Cage and father was not fleshed out enough and we missed that development. Even his sister could have been utilized more.

The teacher (at youth & at old) was properly cast both ways.

---

We agree though on the plane crash. Uncut it's a phenomenal piece of moving making. From the very moment the State Trooper spots it coming in till the scene has concluded is a rare and perfect treat.

And the ending music as the children are running for that paradise is a nice touch. It's powerful.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    The Mean Season (1985) - INC, couldn't get through the first 15 minutes of cheese.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Arrival. 8/10

Would've been a 10 if it wasn't for that convulated ending. Kind of came undone at the end.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    They were showing the Karate Kid 1-3 over the weekend. Jesus, that 3rd one is a riot. It's so bad it's actually watchable. It's just incredible to behold.

Thread Information