Page 129 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 5943
    Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Big Michael Shannon fan since his role as Nelson van Alden
    He was the reason I even watched. He's become a must view, even though many films don't live up to his potential.

Midnight Special was written/directed by the creator of Mud, so he and Shannon have a solid history.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Decent flick........a tad bit slow to begin with, but picks up after awhile. Kind of a strange twist at the end, so I rate it a good 6.5-7 out of 10.
    Old school movies all pretty much used to start slow. It allowed the audience to be pulled into the movie and become invested emotionally in the main characters so when went down, you cared. It was in the 90s that movies change to, bang movie starts and you already in the middle of it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    No Country For Old Men.
    Viewed it again and ended it at the point where Llewellyn tells phuck Sugar from the hospital phone "think I'm gonna make you my special project" then slams the phone down and hangs up on him.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    No Country For Old Men.
    Viewed it again and ended it at the point where Llewellyn tells phuck Sugar from the hospital phone "think I'm gonna make you my special project" then slams the phone down and hangs up on him.
    I can't do it. It's too cruel. + being that close to getting big/free money always makes me antsy. Like in "A Simple Plan" when he shoves all that cash into the roaring fireplace. I'll take that to my in' grave. I couldn't a done it. I'd keep it for a rainy day. I grieve that sequence.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I can't do it. It's too cruel. + being that close to getting big/free money always makes me antsy. Like in "A Simple Plan" when he shoves all that cash into the roaring fireplace. I'll take that to my in' grave. I couldn't a done it. I'd keep it for a rainy day. I grieve that sequence.
    Oh yeah Thread I end it by Lywellen either disposing of that over rated phuck Sugar and getting the money. Or just as he did, avoiding Sugar and getting the money. But then not the stupid assed hotel scene. He gets his girl and they are off to Southern America to live in peace and prosperity.
    As to the nay sayer who say life aint perfect, psssh the move gave Sugar so many unrealistic breaks.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm going to see Trainspotting 2 today. Hyped as .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    John Wick 2: 9/10

Lego Batman: 9/10

Nocturnal Animals: 10/10

Split: 8.5/10

To touch on some other movies people have mentioned:

Arrival: I really enjoyed the movie. One of the better sci-if movies I have seen in a long time. Effects sort of endeared me to the movie more.

Midnight Special: Really well acted and I like how it was not all tied together nicely. Like, in real life if that happened, there would be a ton of unanswered questions too.

Missed Moonlight and Manchester but will definitely rent.

Can't wait to see "Get Out" - looking forward to this beyond belief.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Oh yeah Thread I end it by Lywellen either disposing of that over rated phuck Sugar and getting the money. Or just as he did, avoiding Sugar and getting the money. But then not the stupid assed hotel scene. He gets his girl and they are off to Southern America to live in peace and prosperity.
    As to the nay sayer who say life aint perfect, psssh the move gave Sugar so many unrealistic breaks.
    Mult

Yep. I've done that with some films myself.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Mult

Yep. I've done that with some films myself.
    Road to Perdition.
    Fine movie but I can't have it end with phuck photographer Harlen Maguire offing Michael Sullivan (Tom Hanks) in front of Michael Jr.

I knew when Sullivan Sr. failed to off Harlen in the gay accountants hotel suite it would come back to haunt him.

In my write Sullivan and kid live on as they should have. Sicko photographer gets whacked in the accountants hotel room after he tried offing Sullivan. Or at worst, later on trying to sneak up on the lakeside home.

Time Is A Flat Circle Rust Cohle's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Road to Perdition.
    Fine movie but I can't have it end with phuck photographer Harlen Maguire offing Michael Sullivan (Tom Hanks) in front of Michael Jr.

I knew when Sullivan Sr. failed to off Harlen in the gay accountants hotel suite it would come back to haunt him.

In my write Sullivan and kid live on as they should have. Sicko photographer gets whacked in the accountants hotel room after he tried offing Sullivan. Or at worst, later on trying to sneak up on the lakeside home.
    Fabbs has Asperger's

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Jack Reacher 2 (Jackoff Reaching) 6/10

Tom's face is so ed up from Botox and other procedures that he insisted his face be injured the entire show, start to finish. It just makes no sense, the things they did in that show are so far beyond my ability to suspend disbelief that I could not enjoy the show. Walking out of a military holding facility like that, walking into a military installation like that to meet someone in the 1st place, all the information they shared with basically a civilian, the mercs with no real obvious axe to grind still grinding away, the cliche corrupt general, just too much. The daughter was an odd touch, just a way to get younger meat in the movie without Tom looking like he might want to her. No supporting cast, who the were these people? How I met your mother? How about How I Met Your Plastic Surgeon?

The trick of Jack Reacher (1st one) was that he was elusive, no one could find him. He's a myth. Then he shows up and no one has any idea who they are dealing with. Suddenly now he's out being an undercover operative for himself, and thumbing rides. If nothing else, they could just look at facial peel salons for him. The chick with her "women are strong too" schtick, defeating a spec ops turned merc soldier even though her career was behind a desk, that's realistic. Oh, and the teen, "Oh I saw my folks killed! What? they can track me with a cell phone? Ok then let me use a stolen credit card to order pizza" but probably not worse than "let's leave this girl alone in this hotel room all night with no food and see what happens" script.

Never go back. Good advice.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    The Arrival. 3/10.

Worse than 10 Cloverfield Ln

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    College
    Purdue Boilermakers
    tails, 10/10

Cruise in his prime

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Arrival. 3/10.

Worse than 10 Cloverfield Ln
    Oh yeah...I watched that (The Arrival) also. It was incredibly disappointing. Boring as .
    They could have condensed that into a 30 minute show like a Twilight Zone or something.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    She's a good actress but Amy Adams is over-saturated in Hollywood now. She's gonna end up being the turd that won't flush, much like Meryl Streep

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    She's a good actress but Amy Adams is over-saturated in Hollywood now. She's gonna end up being the turd that won't flush, much like Meryl Streep
    She'll have to fight Jennifer Lawrence for that. Although I do like them both.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Accountant

I came real close to dumping it, glad I didn't. Good flick.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Gotta agree. It would be easy to dog the Accountant but damn I liked it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    tails, 10/10

Cruise in his prime
    Yep, & Brown glues it together, solidifies it. It kind of sticks with you thru the years now turned to decades.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Accountant

8.5/10

John Wick (again......rerun on cable)

8.75/10

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Fist Fight: 5/10

The teacher-fight premise was funny enough. Too much uncomfortable teacher-student molestation dialogue that was beat to ing death with that one tubby blonde that isn't Amy Schumer. Not appropriate for a movie with a high-school setting. Charlie Day was the ing goods per par and Ice Cube did the Ice Cube stuff he is paid to do and the homages to Friday during the fight were neat. Other than that, another overdone comedy of the times.

There hasn't been a definitive comedy at all this decade like there was with Borat last decade. Sad that Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum rehashing some early 90s camp is the closest thing to a decent comedy this decade has produced. "Today's Comedies".

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Arrival was ing awful.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    The Arrival was ing awful.
    yeah, somebody else said that.

whats with all the rave reviews?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Matter of fact, I will rate it since it was the last movie I saw a few weeks ago before I saw Fist Fight:

3/10. This movie ing sucked. Too long and drawn out, not a satisfactory ending. The Squidbilly cameos were cool AF, but that's about it. Turrible, turrible piece of crap.

Thread Information