Page 13 of 238 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I wasn't a real fan of that movie but it did have some great parts specifically everything with Tilly and Madsen
    Too cruel concerning with Tilly's husband. It was relentless and beyond need.

I liked the supporting cast in the original (Lettieri & Struthers) much better. But, I like Baldwin & Basinger much better than McQueen & McGraw.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Kidulthood, the British equivalent of Larry Clark's "Kids." Decent, but nowhere near as raw as Kids. Too melodramatic at times, with some scenes almost coming off like a parody of "troubled youth" films.

6/10. Would've given it a 5/10, but added one point because Ray Winstone's daughter is smoking.

Name
    Dick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    You have to get Ben Stillers humor and what he is doing a parody of.
    Agreed, Ben Stiller's humor is so high concept, it truly is an acquired taste

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The Social Network

8/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I saw Bad Teacher on Friday. I thought it was decent. Better than I expected, but not great. I chuckled OL a few times.

I rate it a Bill Brasky.

Pain Strength Happiness ManuBalboa's Avatar
    Name
    Leonard Washington
    A little town by the name of none of your god damned business.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Source Code was awesome.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    The Descent.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Source Code was awesome.
    I want to see this

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    With all the talk of Source Code I may have to On Demand it soon. I wasn't interested at all at first.

Name
    Why?
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    No Country For Old Men ... 8
    The Book Of Eli ... 5

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I watched Incideous or whatever last night, I would give it a 7/10.

silverblk mystix
    I've been watching the 1994 remake of "The Getaway" with Alec Baldwin & Kim Basinger. I put it on the DVR, tore it apart, and found a good motion picture. Not great by any means, but, a stout effort. These two actors are strong here. Baldwin takes her along with him and she follows without hesitation. Doesn't grudge him the pole. It's something just to watch these two work and they labor mightily. Both are at prime. Both equally beautiful. When they're on the screen the movie is high end. When they're not, it's a problem. It was filmed here on location.

There's a part, in the beginning. Baldwin's character: "Doc McCoy" is double crossed on the border and ends up in a Mexican prison on a 20-year sentence. She comes down to visit him. He's bearded, sweaty. The bars, not regular jail cell bars, but, just rebar separates them as they stand and converse in whispers. He can get out if she'll contact a big shot (James Woods) who operates a crime syndicate along the border. The camera switches back & forth between them, lines being read, facial expressions being shown in response to the lines.

- "You'll contact him."

- Her eyes well.

- "Just get me the out of here."

- She searches his face as near panick seizes her

- "Can you do that." We're not shown his face as this line is delivered. Just hers.
    Then immediately,
    - "Can you do that for me?" We're shown his face now. His voice breaks here & falls alarmingly softer. The tears don't well, but, they enter around his eyes.

- "I'm not spending the next 20 years without you."

A good portion of the remainder of the motion picture is wisely spent on these two as they come to the realization of his request. He knew what would happen. He knew. And her unconditional acceptance of the terms that it presented for her. She found out. And absolved him of his responsibility.

"You'd a done the same for the me. Wouldn't you, Doc?"
    Culbear...

What did you think of the original Getaway...the one with big Steve McQueen?
    He kinda made the Baldwin (one of the baldwins) look like an amateur ...don't you think?

Steve McQueen & Ali McGraw= chemistry

silverblk mystix
    Too cruel concerning with Tilly's husband. It was relentless and beyond need.

I liked the supporting cast in the original (Lettieri & Struthers) much better. But, I like Baldwin & Basinger much better than McQueen & McGraw.
    Nevermind...I just saw this post...

Disagree on the remake leads being better...but to each his own.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    With all the talk of Source Code I may have to On Demand it soon. I wasn't interested at all at first.
    Typically a movie with Jake would turn me off but I've heard good things. We'll see.

It is what it is. Mark in Austin's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Transformers 3. Better than the first two. But Revenge of the Sith was better than the first twp prequels too, and it was still crap. Same with this trilogy.

6/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The thing about Source Code is that it has such potential. I think they spend too much time with menial , but that's just me. Also, most of it makes no sense to me. I won't go into it unless someone wants to start a new thread with a "spoiler" le. I might call someone's mom a mother er, but I will not ruin a movie for anyone.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Triangle - plot holes galore. And stupidity.

Dropping fuckin' loads! Nick Manning's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New York Knicks
    Typically a movie with Jake would turn me off but I've heard good things. We'll see.
    This. Anything with either Gyllenhaal is usually painful to watch, but I've also heard positive reviews on this one.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I finally saw Super 8 and after hearing everybody say how crappy it was, my expectations were very low. So, I enjoyed it on a surface level. It was very derivative and the plot was pretty weak, but the production value and acting was decent enough.

6/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I've seen 2046, also one of my favorites but i wouldn't rate it higher than Chungking Express or Fallen Angels, In The Mood for Love is also up there. tbh, Wong Kar-Wai makes some amazing films can't go wrong with any of those.
    I'll check out Last Life in the Universe.

PS - Survive Style 5+ as well.... not serious like and Wong Kar's films, or Last Life in the Universe, but it's a fun watch.

I gravitated more towards 2046, probably due to the sci-fi aspect. Haven't seen Fallen Angels or Mood for Love though. I'll check them out.

PS - good to run into (if you can say that in terms of a forum) someone who appreciates those movies. They're masterpieces, and he's got a great style.

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Nevermind...I just saw this post...

Disagree on the remake leads being better...but to each his own.
    It's just that McGraw couldn't act. And McQueen wasn't a good enough actor to carry her. Basinger is delicate (it could of went either way there) in the remake. She's in over her head, but, she trusts Baldwin's talent & heart to keep her safe. She's trying to keep up with Baldwin, but, Baldwin waits for her, takes care of her. Takes her with him. McQueen didn't have that selflessness in him.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Adjustment Bureau

4/10

Stupid premise, poorly executed and full of holes. Matt Damon, who really gave a if he ever ended up with the girl?

Love over the presidency? No. No one who's been a Congressman since age 24, running for Senate, would dump a shot at knowing the future for some girl he met in the men's room.

Also, the adjustment guys themselves, incompetent s. How did they manage for so long and one up so bad?

It was more about romance, not much about adjustment. If you are looking for a cool sci fi movie, this ain't it. Seems like something M. Night would make.

Horribly predictable ending... must have been written by a chick.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I just watched Ninja Assasin. Loved it! 8/10
    I loved this movie too. I especially liked the fact that I didn't know any of the people in the film.

Pain Strength Happiness ManuBalboa's Avatar
    Name
    Leonard Washington
    A little town by the name of none of your god damned business.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The premise behind Source Code is completely stupid, but it's a good time killer.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Just saw the movie Hall Pass. I would give it a solid 7.5, from the get go it is non stop laughs for me at least. Towards the end iy kinda drags but I guess that was to be expected. But none the less a solid comedy movie. If your looking for a good laugh this movie is for you.

Thread Information