Page 136 of 238 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 5943
    Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I haven't had a chance to see Logan, but if anyone knows the Origin story, is this followed closely in the movie? If so, I thinks I will watch it.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Got to rant a little bit....srry.

Saw Logan this weekend ( a little late I know). Talk about a terrible movie. I was bored to death the entire time.

I had big expectations for it....left extremely disappointed. Did people really like it? Saw it had over 90%+ on RT so I guess I'm in the minority. I also guess because the professor says a few times and the killings have a little more blood/gore than the typical X-Men movie they liked it. I almost fell asleep 28 times watching it. Just awful.

2/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    I didn't like the movie. sorry.

I even said I'm probably in the minority. Just found it extremely boring for 90% of it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Yeah, S&B...You're my dude but I don't get how you couldn't like Logan if you a fan of good cinema. It was incredible. Hit me right in the feels.
    I apologize for letting you guys down.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Star Wars: The Last Jedi

5.5 / 10

Still worth the watch for anyone with anything invested in Star Wars. Would add 2 to 2.5 pts on a first watch basis.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    King Kong 1933 (home video)

Dump the whole thing until they reach Skull Island. Seeing the island over the fog, nice~~~ Then to hear the drums and get a look at Noble Johnson**** the Chief, Hollywood at it's finest. Watching the natives as they anticipate the arrival of Kong as Faye Wray is taken out to the sacrifice area, ha~~~ You really got the feel of the excitement, then all of a sudden..........a hush..........then here he come crashing thru the trees (this was a common occurance so shouldn't those trees been knocked down long ago?) and there he stands a 30 foot monstrosity, but....Faye hasn't seen him yet. She looks up slowly.....

Great flick, the battle between Kong and THE T- Rex (Hollywood still hasn't improved on this T-Rex) incredible. Kong did resomble Joe Frazier, dead serious.

Here we have one of the legendary flicks of all time, yep...10.

The video I own doesn't have the spider pit scene, but I've seen it on youtube. If ya recall the sailors come crashing down to the bottom, they hit hard, noway anyone was surviving that, so when they get up and dust themselves off.....nay~~~~~

One of the great scenes in moviedom is in Son of Kong. Skull Island is going down due to the volcano eruption, as it sinks there is little Kong, he holds up Denham so the boat can rescue him, all we see is the hand holding Denham, as he releases him into the boat he gives a wave.....good bye, then...gone.

**** first movie we saw in my Cinema Arts class at COS was King Kong (on the big screen), my teacher Mr. Noble Johnson a white version.
    Last edited by Avante; 12-21-2017 at 03:30 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Star Wars: The Last Jedi

7/10

It had potential to be so much better.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Bright 9/10

Netflix finally breaks through with their first great film.

The "critics" all ting on this movie like clockwork. They didn't get paid for that at all...

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Bright 9/10

The "critics" all ting on this movie like clockwork. They didn't get paid for that at all...
    Heard good things from my friends that have seen it too. Looking forward to checking it out.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Bright 9/10

Heard good things from my friends that have seen it too. Looking forward to checking it out.
    Well, it survived its rewrites better than Justice League. Script was a little too Ayer-ized and the backstory of how that world got to be was underdone. In fact more of the potential cool things in the movie were underdeveloped than developed. Ultimately not a bad movie. Action is good and Will Smith gets to Will Smith a whole lot -- hopefully the sequel fleshes out some of the things it only touched on here. 6.5/10 -- you can probably add a point if your an Ayer fan.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    hopefully the sequel fleshes out some of the things it only touched on here. 6.5/10 -- you can probably add a point if your an Ayer fan.
    I think that's what they had in mind. More movies to flesh things out a bit more.

The action was pretty good, the chemistry between Smith and the Orc guy was on point and the rest of the cast actually pulled their weight. Well acted.

You can go a bit higher with your rating. It's a definite 7/7.5 movie. I gave it a 9 on the account that Netflix actually didn't make me want to click off 30 minutes into the movie. They deserve their due for once when it comes to making movies.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I think that's what they had in mind. More movies to flesh things out a bit more.

The action was pretty good, the chemistry between Smith and the Orc guy was on point and the rest of the cast actually pulled their weight. Well acted.

You can go a bit higher with your rating. It's a definite 7/7.5 movie. I gave it a 9 on the account that Netflix actually didn't make me want to click off 30 minutes into the movie. They deserve their due for once when it comes to making movies.
    Yeah, Netflix usually just buys the distribution rights to a bunch of movies, most of which suck. I applaud it as their first real big budget production, but I think I am prejudiced against Ayer as a director. I think it's a perfect kind of movie for Netflix -- something people probably wouldn't watch in the theater but will give a shot since they already have the subscription.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Scrooge (1970)
    Favorite film adaptation,10/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Scrooge (1970)
    x2

Best version.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Got to rant a little bit....srry.

Saw Logan this weekend ( a little late I know). Talk about a terrible movie. I was bored to death the entire time.

I had big expectations for it....left extremely disappointed. Did people really like it? Saw it had over 90%+ on RT so I guess I'm in the minority. I also guess because the professor says a few times and the killings have a little more blood/gore than the typical X-Men movie they liked it. I almost fell asleep 28 times watching it. Just awful.

2/10
    That's okay. I felt the same way about Deadpool. Didn't care for it at all.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Watched 'The Color Of Water'. Tranny Reck would be interested in it, I believe. That actor had to have did some serious tucking and/or taping to fit into his fish suit.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Watched 'The Color Of Water'. Tranny Reck would be interested in it, I believe. That actor had to have did some serious tucking and/or taping to fit into his fish suit.
    It's wierd as how you are constantly thinking about transexuals. Are you planning a trip to Brazil and indulge in some tranny love? Or did you had that experience and are looking for more? You are quite the boy.

BTW, I saw Deadpool for the first time last night. Good .

8.5/10

Gina Carano has really let herself go. Gotdamn.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    BTW, for reminding me about this film. The previews look pretty good and the last time Guillermo Del Toro did a fantasy pic, he hit a home run with Pan's Labyrith. Go watch that one.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    It's wierd as how you are constantly thinking about transexuals.
    Yea, maybe that's not very SJW of me to frequently call attention to your chosen gender iden y. On the other hand, I'm just trying to help a tranny out.

Gina Carano has really let herself go. Gotdamn.
    Not as kick-ass man-woman as she used to be? I could see how that'd bother a tranny with so few role models. How's RuPaul holding up for you?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Scrooge (1970)
    Cool, I'll check it out.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    oh snap! he went in on Reck get that chumpette bruh get em!

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    oh snap! he went in on Reck get that chumpette bruh get em!

His fish suit is on point, bruh.

Spurtacular did a close up inspection.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    His fish suit is on point, bruh.

Spurtacular did a close up inspection.
    Actually, the movie itself audibly highlights the fact of the matter. They even have a joke about the man "being flat down there." Nice try, tranny. And just hearing me say that, I have no doubt you'll be rushing out to see the movie now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Scrooge (1970)
    BTW...that there is Obi Wan Kenobi

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    http://observer.com/2017/12/rex-reed...ovies-of-2017/

Something tells me I'd rather watch this snowflake's worst over his best.

Thread Information