Page 155 of 238 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 5943
    Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    the shared experience. People on their phones, or talking, or smacking their food. I won’t go unless the movie has been out a while and even then I’ll go at the time it’s the emptiest. I don’t need some dip s I don’t know to confirm whether something is funny or scary or whatever.
    tbh I have recently come to love the experience of seeing horror films in crowded, heavily black theaters. It's hilarious.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    tbh I have recently come to love the experience of seeing horror films in crowded, heavily black theaters. It's hilarious.
    any movie, tbh. i watched Flight up in Oakland when that was in theaters, and that was a hilarious experience with the commentary

there was a particular scene that i always remember, after denzel and the white chick bang the first time. in the morning he gets up first, and its a kinda peaceful scene, he's kinda admiring her sleeping. its all quiet, and some dude in the theater yells "get out "

had me rolling

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Minnesota Golden Gophers
    This movie is why you go to the movies. DiCaprio was really good but man, Pitt was at god level. One of his best performances.

This is also very polished work from Tarantino. There's plenty of elements we've come to love from him but he's really honed his craft. It's less raw and out of control but in a good way. I hope he doesn't stop making movies like he said he's going to because he knocked this one out of the ing park and seems to only be getting better with age.

9.5/10
    Well said. I really hope Tarantino doesn't go through with that startreck movie he was linked too, he's too good for that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    i give once upon a time in hollywood a 7 / 10 at best... too long, mostly pointless... the last 20 minutes or so were enjoyable though.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Captain America: Winter Soldier

About what one would expect for this type of movie. Most here probably seen it.

Another unrealistic girl beats up all the guys scene and some Samuel L Jackson thrown in for Snowflake Nation.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lion King. 5.5/10. After the novelty wears off, it's just not as good as the original and the voice cast sucks sans James Earl Jones and Seth Rogen. Too much of the original script was changed/scrapped and the musical numbers weren't anywhere as good. It was my boy's first movie, so that made it better.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Captain America: Winter Soldier

About what one would expect for this type of movie. Most here probably seen it.

Another unrealistic girl beats up all the guys scene and some Samuel L Jackson thrown in for Snowflake Nation.
    It must be exhausting look for ways to not like good movies.

It's the best-written MCU movie IMO.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    It must be exhausting look for ways to not like good movies.
    It must be exhausting to continually overlook glaring realities. But like a good cuck, you beat on.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    It's the best-written MCU movie IMO.
    Not a very high bar.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes

tbh movies are also getting more expensive though, which only doubles down the incentive to stay home and enjoy a streaming service. depending on where you live, a single movie theater ticket will cost more than a month of netflix
    A lot tier matinee prices on top of that, nowadays.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    It’s the shared experience, Philo. Part of the reason I loved Superbad so much was seeing it in a packed house with everyone going ape . Booksmart deserved that treatment, but because it didn’t feature Chris Evans in a supersuit, so nobody gave a and just waited for it to drop on Netflix.
    Where do you rank Super Bad as a comedy? Top 5? Top 10?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Lion King. 5.5/10. After the novelty wears off, it's just not as good as the original and the voice cast sucks sans James Earl Jones and Seth Rogen. Too much of the original script was changed/scrapped and the musical numbers weren't anywhere as good. It was my boy's first movie, so that made it better.
    Next show him

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I like this film, especially it's ending...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    There was never just 1 Marine in that shaft. There was always 2, 2 Marines. Cameron made sure---sent the 2nd one back...

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It must be exhausting to continually overlook glaring realities. But like a good cuck, you beat on.
    It's a superhero movie, you dumb mother er.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    It's a superhero movie, you dumb mother er.
    You forgot the caps to show us how really angry you are.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    I like this film, especially it's ending...

That's one of my favorite movies, tbh, Cub. I absolutely love how the story and the characters are portrayed in a very human light, even hinting at possible mental health issues. Definitely unique for it's genre. I posted about it a while ago

Having recently re-watched The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford I'll say that it's gotta be one of the most underrated movies of all time, and one of the best I've ever seen tbh. Fantastic score. Stunning cinematography. Great acting all around (arguably the best of both Pitt and Casey Affleck's careers). Absolute masterpiece. And imho better than No Country for Old Men and There Will Be Blood which came out in the same year tbh

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You forgot the caps to show us how really angry you are.
    You're the one whining about realism in a movie about superheroes with magical powers and whatnot.

Enjoy your day of freedom, derp.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    You're the one whining about realism in a movie about superheroes with magical powers and whatnot.

Enjoy your day of freedom, derp.
    Superhero movies beyond reproach

And at...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    That's one of my favorite movies, tbh, Cub. I absolutely love how the story and the characters are portrayed in a very human light, even hinting at possible mental health issues. Definitely unique for it's genre. I posted about it a while ago

Absolutely, 140.

The narrator is also just peerless in it:::He also does the narration at the end of---The Age of Adaline---which is a pretty good film in it's own right...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Absolutely, 140.

The narrator is also just peerless in it:::He also does the narration at the end of---The Age of Adaline---which is a pretty good film in it's own right...

I've never seen that one, might check it out tbh.

But yeah the narrator does a great job and I remember reading that he had never done it before (he was just a production assistant for the movie) and it was just supposed to be a temporary narration before they got someone else but it turned out so good they decided to keep it. And he ended up making a career of it afterwards.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I've never seen that one, might check it out tbh.

But yeah the narrator does a great job and I remember reading that he had never done it before (he was just a production assistant for the movie) and it was just supposed to be a temporary narration before they got someone else but it turned out so good they decided to keep it. And he ended up making a career of it afterwards.
    I'll be damned. Great info, fellow.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Another fine introduction---Dawn Of The Dead---"Everybody won't be treated all the same."

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Best airplane crash sequence in a film I've ever seen---Knowing---

<strong>

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Eh...
    I'm going to watch Ruby.
    Has "Dirty Pillows" doing her over-the-top role...
    Starts off Mafia and ends up Exorcist...
    Done deal.

Thread Information