Page 156 of 238 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 5943
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I fell asleep in the theater at it's release. Years later one of the kids badgered me into it. "C'mon, dad, let me show you the ending." It is simply magnificent...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I fell asleep in the theater at it's release. Years later one of the kids badgered me into it. "C'mon, dad, let me show you the ending." It is simply magnificent...

Way overrated. Imo, Road Warrior was easily the best of the series.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

You fell asleep watching Fury Road? The is that possible?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    You fell asleep watching Fury Road? The is that possible?
    Coming in out of the desert heat like that into a cold, dark theater it ain't hard.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

It's a symphony of destruction...just ing beautiful. You can see why Miller pushed to keep the CGI out for the most part and make the action sequences real.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    ---Breakdown---TUBI lodged it this week. Standard fare, but, very likable & satisfying. Key scene with J.T. Walsh who never disappoints. Talks about Kurt's wife:::"Nice curly hair, upstairs and down." Punching all the buttons along the line.

& makes a swell reference to the " hole" below their station.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The Salvation - 7/10

Predictable, but Mads Mikkelsen carries it and Jeffery Dean Morgan is a great villain per par. Eva Green was good too, but no s from her was a bit disappointing. Solid revenge western if you have nothing else to do with your evening.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    watched blow for the first time in a long time. something like a 7.2 outta 10.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    watched blow for the first time in a long time. something like a 7.2 outta 10.
    Per usual Cruz is too over the top, but, everybody else is dead on, especially Liotta.

& you can pick it up at any point & enjoy it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    saw shot caller a second time. 6.8 outta 10.

the times he's in prison are pretty good. it can be kinda slow when he during the time he isn't in prison. great acting by the GoT guy though.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Once upon a time in Hollywood - 6/10

As a guy that liked pretty much all of tarantino movies, this one just didn't do it for me. Nothing was going on for 2,5 hours and only the last 5 min were interesting. Also, the movie would work fine, if they cut out all the scenes with Margot Robbie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Once upon a time in Hollywood - 6/10

As a guy that liked pretty much all of tarantino movies, this one just didn't do it for me. Nothing was going on for 2,5 hours and only the last 5 min were interesting. Also, the movie would work fine, if they cut out all the scenes with Margot Robbie.
    I saw it again last night on a 35mm aspect delivery. Made nary difference, but, I did enjoy it more the second time around. Very satisfying. Very sweet of Tarantino to cite Christopher Jones multiple times. He was never the same after the slaughter. Ruined him. He accounted for him, bless his heart for that.

You're right though it could've been cut. & the Robbie girl is much prettier before the Spahn Ranch sequence. The lighting in the car on the drive over must have been a great benefit to her. Something happened.

& the inclusion of the Steve McQueen character is . I just believe Tarantino had found a spittin' image & wanted to showcase him for a few moments.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood felt like another version of Pulp Fiction that didn't do nearly as good a job of bringing the storylines together. but it wasn't a boring or frustrating watch

it felt like a bunch of entertaining scenes that really didnt have anything to do with each other. what was the purpose of any of Margot Robbie's scenes? pure eye candy?

pitt's acting is so effortless and nonchalant... its why he's always so believable. leo seems to have to dig a lot deeper, but when he does, those cathartic scenes are something else. we saw it from him in django too, at the dinner table.
    Last edited by spurraider21; 08-12-2019 at 03:06 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Best airplane crash sequence in a film I've ever seen---Knowing---

<strong>
    yes. movie as a whole was mediocre. i mean, i didnt regret buying my ticket, but cant imagine every deciding to rewatch the flick. but that airplane scene is stuck in my memory

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood felt like another version of Pulp Fiction that didn't do nearly as good a job of bringing the storylines together. but it wasn't a boring or frustrating watch

it felt like a bunch of entertaining scenes that really didnt have anything to do with each other. what was the purpose of any of Margot Robbie's scenes? pure eye candy?

pitt's acting is so effortless and nonchalant... its why he's always so believable. leo seems to have to dig a lot deeper, but when he does, those cathartic scenes are something else. we saw it from him in django too, at the dinner table.
    Pretty much what I'd expect from Tarantino. It all seems like let's watch Brad and Leo do some s and giggles and then Manson's gonna kill cos it happened in real life.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I saw it again last night on a 35mm aspect delivery. Made nary difference, but, I did enjoy it more the second time around. Very satisfying. Very sweet of Tarantino to cite Christopher Jones multiple times. He was never the same after the slaughter. Ruined him. He accounted for him, bless his heart for that.

You're right though it could've been cut. & the Robbie girl is much prettier before the Spahn Ranch sequence. The lighting in the car on the drive over must have been a great benefit to her. Something happened.

& the inclusion of the Steve McQueen character is . I just believe Tarantino had found a spittin' image & wanted to showcase him for a few moments.
    cubby, did you catch when they were talking about Dalton's Italian moves, the director for the final film was Antonio Margheriti? a little bit of tarantino sucking his own , but i got a kick out of the reference

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Minnesota Golden Gophers

Bill Simmons breaks down Margot Robbie's importance to the movie pretty good here @ 29:00

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    i really didn't like once upon a time in hollywood.

i don't regret seeing it because it's tarantino... it was sooo much for a five minute payoff...

boogie nights >>> once upon a time in hollywood

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Minnesota Golden Gophers
    I really loved once upon a time in Hollywood. I honestly believe Cliff Booth might be one of the coolest movie characters of all time.

The suspense, comedy, master acting, soundtrack; all superb.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I really loved once upon a time in Hollywood. I honestly believe Cliff Booth might be one of the coolest movie characters of all time.

The suspense, comedy, master acting, soundtrack; all superb.
    i mean he was kind mary sue-ish. but yeah, like i said before, Pitt's very natural, nonchalant acting is what makes him great and his characters believable

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Johnny Got His Gun - 10/10
    Last edited by DeadlyDynasty; 08-14-2019 at 02:14 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    also to all you texas people who always talk about alamo drafthouse... there's one here in charlottesville and its where i saw once upon a time in hollywood.

it was pretty decent

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    Sometimes it will take me a good 30 minutes to finally find something on Netflix that interests me, yes they have a huge list of movies.

After finding something, I get 15 minutes in and....nay.

They just don't make um like they used to.

Haven't seen a good flick (never seen before) in ages. Did try a bunch of those Asian flicks, some not too bad. The cartoon violence a bit hard to handle.
    Last edited by Sir Johnny; 08-14-2019 at 03:51 PM.

Name
    Dick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Pretty much what I'd expect from Tarantino. It all seems like let's watch Brad and Leo do some s and giggles and then Manson's gonna kill cos it happened in real life.
    Well here’s someone who definitely didn’t watch the movie but decided to talk out of his ass anyways.

Name
    Dick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks

I think a lot of it is to show viewers Sharon Tate the person, when everyone only thinks of her as a murder victim. imo that only increases the dread when the Manson family rolls up, and makes the twist even more satisfying.

Thread Information