Page 164 of 238 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214 ... LastLast
Results 4,076 to 4,100 of 5943
    adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Parasite wins Best Picture, Best Director, Best Original Screenplay, and Best International Feature.

Korea > USA tbh

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Blue Velvet...my old lady has never seen it so we revisited together. Still wonderfully bizarre, in true Lynch form. Hopper is in full insane glory. It's art.

9/10

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Ford v ferrari - 6.6/10
    This could have been called just Ford tbh. The ferrari "issue" is in the movie for like 5 minutes. Yes, there is a race where ferrari and ford are in, but that was to be expected and also there were other cars. Anyway, matt damon was his usual self, so he was good, christian bale was great and i really cant remember when this guy was not great. Top 3 actor right now for sure. Also, he lost weight again, what a crazy motherfucer. Others are not really worth mentioning. Jon Burenthal was in there, but all of his stuff is finished in like 5 minutes and then he is just a face on the screen for 2 hours without any dialogue. Oh yea, the movie is pretty long and it could have been shorter. Id also put damon and bale more on screen together cause when they have scenes the movie is great. What else.. hmmm, i dont have anything to say about the soundtrack cause i dont remember it, but the cars did sound good so here's that. Movie is shot nice, the racing scenes were fine, even tho id love to see more wide shots, but all in all it was fine. The movie is also very predictable and i knew the ending after the first 15 minutes. Idk, i kinda expected more out of this. If you re a fan of ford from the 60's and christian bale check it out i guess.

edit. I went to see it again with my friend just now and its just a 6... first time i was kinda wanting to like it more so I gave it closer to a 7, but if I really think about it, its just an ok movie, so yea. 6/10.

oh, and happy to see my fave movie of 2019 actually winning the Oscar fro the best movie. Even tho Oscars mean nothing this days.
    Last edited by Texas_Ranger; 02-10-2020 at 08:33 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Doctor Sleep- 8.5 out of 10

Would have easily gotten a 9 if it wasn't so long but dope movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Parasite 10/10
    Irishman 9.5/10
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 9/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Jojo Rabbit - 6/10

the first part was kinda funny, or at least it tried to be funny, then the last 1/3 was serious, so idk, it was kinda boring. I liked Wai i's films, What we do in the shadows and Ragnarok more than this one. Kid actors and pretty much everyone did a good job. I dont know how Scarlett Johansson got an Oscar nomination for this and someone like willem dafoe didnt get it for the lighthouse, which I didn't really like that much, but Dafoe was 100X times better than anyone in this film and better than most actors in films i saw from 2019, but thats just my little rant about Dafoe not being nominated. The best part of this film was probably the Stephen Merchant gestapo stuff, which is pretty much the only thing in the movie that made me laugh a little. Music was fine and the movie looked good.

now i hope that the adam sandler movie Uncut Gems surprises me, cause 2019 was a year in my book for movies. Parasite and 1917 are pretty much the only 2 films i rate pretty high.

Name
    Rudo y Cursi
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Knives Out 8/10

Name
    Rudo y Cursi
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    1917 was . 3/10.

I loved Blood in Blood out but took it for what it was... a spoof.

1917 was also a spoof but people talk about it like it’s the real deal. Too many coincidences, too much pointless dialogue and too much empty space in a story that shoulda taken 30 minutes to tell.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    1917 was . 3/10.

I loved Blood in Blood out but took it for what it was... a spoof.

1917 was also a spoof but people talk about it like it’s the real deal. Too many coincidences, too much pointless dialogue and too much empty space in a story that shoulda taken 30 minutes to tell.
    You saved me $ & a nite out. I was this||close to going to see it. Thanks.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Midsommar - 8/10. I like this folk horror movie. I'll write up a longer review after I give it a few hours of thought.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Midsommar - 8/10. I like this folk horror movie. I'll write up a longer review after I give it a few hours of thought.
    Definitely underrated. A lot of subliminal .

Parasite - 9/10

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Definitely underrated. A lot of subliminal .

Parasite - 9/10
    Still need to catch it. I heard they re-released it in Black and White.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Dolittle - 3/10

Why is downey jr speaking welsh in this?? Wants to be funny, but its just stupid. Id actually enjoy it a little more if it was animated. I guess if u have a 5 year old kid go take him see this. I am not sure adults will like this.

If u got an option on tv and theres 2 dolittles on, watch the eddie murphy one.
    Last edited by Texas_Ranger; 02-12-2020 at 08:15 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Marriage Story - 6.5/10 I guess.

The story itself wasn't that special and some of the scenes dragged on too long. But the acting was excellent.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Marriage Story - 6.5/10 I guess.

The story itself wasn't that special and some of the scenes dragged on too long. But the acting was excellent.
    I got almost 1/2 way thru it & gave up because of the persistent facial muggings by the leads. I'll go back & finish it today on your 6.5, SfS.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I got almost 1/2 way thru it & gave up because of the persistent facial muggings by the leads. I'll go back & finish it today on your 6.5, SfS.
    It's nothing special. But the casting and acting make it watchable imo.
    Besides Driver, Goddess, and Hunt... Ray Liota and Alan Alda are great in smaller roles.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Dolittle - 3/10

Why is downey jr speaking welsh in this?? Wants to be funny, but its just stupid. Id actually enjoy it a little more if it was animated. I guess if u have a 5 year old kid go take him see this. I am not sure adults will like this.

If u got an option on tv and theres 2 dolittles on, watch the eddie murphy one.
    I heard the ending is literally RDJ pulling stuff out of a constipated dragon’s ass

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I heard the ending is literally RDJ pulling stuff out of a constipated dragon’s ass
    i didnt want to spoil this masterpiece.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    You saved me $ & a nite out. I was this||close to going to see it. Thanks.
    Disagree. If you're at all interested in the history, it's the most extensive and realistic depiction of the western front I've ever seen. Makes that worth the price of admission alone. The plot is fairly contrived but they aren't remaking All Quiet on the Western Front anytime soon, so this is it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Disagree. If you're at all interested in the history, it's the most extensive and realistic depiction of the western front I've ever seen. Makes that worth the price of admission alone. The plot is fairly contrived but they aren't remaking All Quiet on the Western Front anytime soon, so this is it.
    I'm goin', Dumps, I'm goin'.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    At this point can a war movie even be made that isn’t just completely filled with cliche and tropes and been-there-done-thats? At this point it feels like you need well executed gimmicks like a one-shot movie, or the nonstop intensity of Dunkirk, for a war movie to really stand out.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    At this point can a war movie even be made that isn’t just completely filled with cliche and tropes and been-there-done-thats? At this point it feels like you need well executed gimmicks like a one-shot movie, or the nonstop intensity of Dunkirk, for a war movie to really stand out.
    Maybe, I just knew both Dunkirk and 1917 were going to be good watches because of the directors. I don't even think the gimmick was necessary and actually took away from the viewing since I was always taking note of the seams.

1917 isn't a true story but based in a specific time of the war that actually happened and makes at least some of the plot easily believed.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I think hacksaw ridge was great. Better than Dunkirk or 1917. At least for me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Speaking of gimmicky

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Speaking of gimmicky

Thread Information