Page 167 of 171 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171 LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,175 of 4252
    Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I was completely underwhelmed by the Prestige. Easily Nolan’s worst movie, even worse than Dark Knight Rises.
    wow, really? most people I know that saw that film love it, some would even say its his best one. How did you like Interstellar? thats my least favorite of his... besides DKR.

Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Honey Boy...not a big Shia fan but this was great. Bit of a prototypical dad story but the actors really drove it home, especially Shia playing his own dad.

8/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The Machinist - 7/10... close to an 8.

i never saw this, so i was like, why not. Definitely on of the better if not the best Bale's performances i saw. He looked like a ing skeleton, . Also one of the best psychological thrillers I ever saw.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What's with Hollywood double making so many films around the same time? Deep Impact and Armageddon, Wyatt Earp and Tombstone, others.. (maybe not that many but I have to pretend there are lots of others, too many to mention imo)
    Screenwriters are movie fans - and if one of them hears about or watches a specific genre -
    then they are inspired to write "their take" on it.

Remember when Tarantino came out - then how many other movies came out that were an attempt at his "rich dialogue" from crazy criminal characters.

I can only imagine also that movie studios get wind of the latest script from the "flavor of the month" hot screenwriter -

and they try to race their movie to cash in also.

🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷🇰🇷 🇰🇷 monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Honey Boy...not a big Shia fan but this was great. Bit of a prototypical dad story but the actors really drove it home, especially Shia playing his own dad.

8/10
    Seems like Shia is having his own little McConaissance right now, check out Peanut Butter Falcon, he’s damn good in that one too.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Farewell 7.9/10

well done

interesting premise

We all have seen every war movie, cop buddy movie, superhero movie, earth destruction/end of the world movie premise-

but I appreciated this one and found it compelling:

grandma has life ending illness but her relative finds out first from doctor and keeps the truth from her

far away relatives also find out and plan a “reunion/farewell” to see her

so at the reunion- grandma is funny and fun and is “herself” but those around her are morose and sad

leading to some bittersweet funny moments

not for everyone- but I liked it

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Little Big League. Man, I love that movie.

The concept is obviously way far fetched, but the movie does a great job selling the believability of the kid having a great baseball mind, and it pays great respect to the game and players. It has some corny moments, but itís not downright cheesy. Awesome ending too. Didnít go for the super happy ending.

Rookie of the year, couldnít stand this movie.
    yeah, i like Little Big League far more than Rookie of the Year

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Seems like Shia is having his own little McConaissance right now, check out Peanut Butter Falcon, he’s damn good in that one too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Didn't watch the movie recently, just the review. AVGN has a lot of quality reviews though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Duke Blue Devils
    yeah, i like Little Big League far more than Rookie of the Year
    Great time growing up and those sport films were coming out.

Sandlot, Mighty Ducks, Little Giants, Ladybugs, Big Green, Angels in the Outfield.

Now it is super hero gotry

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    American Psycho - 7/10

didnt see this in like 15 years or more. Another great Bale performance in another psychological thriller... well, at least the ending gets that way, other than that it also has some pretty funny parts. The ending gave me some kind of Nolan Inception vibes, cause u ask yourself what was real and what was not. Anyhow, I am happy that I am not watching films anymore.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    A couple of old ones here...

In Bruges - never saw this when it came out and kept hearing that it was good. Not a huge Collin Ferrel fan but this was a solid movie. A couple of Irish hitmen having to kill time in Bruges and stuff happens.
    Pretty funny dialogue at times.
    It's a solid 7/10

Sexy Beast - Ray Fienns character in the above reminded me of Ben Kingsley in Sexy Beast to some degree. So I went back and watched it again. I forgot how good this movie was. Kingsly is great along with Ian McShane and Ray Winstone.
    British gangsters pulling off one more caper. It's worth watching for Kingsley alone for his pschypathic character. But everyone is excellent and it's a pretty quick watch at 1:30.
    8/10

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    American Psycho - 7/10

didnt see this in like 15 years or more. Another great Bale performance in another psychological thriller... well, at least the ending gets that way, other than that it also has some pretty funny parts. The ending gave me some kind of Nolan Inception vibes, cause u ask yourself what was real and what was not. Anyhow, I am happy that I am not watching films anymore.
    Never followed up with the movie...read the book & it is grim business.

Couldn't understand how they'd bring PCV pipe into the film process.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Finally watched "Once upon a time in Hollywood".

It is an entertaining movie but a weird one. It feels more like different bits put together than a cohesive unit. The final isn't earned at all. It's just something that happens by sheer luck. It's good but in no way do I think it's Best Picture nominee worthy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Finally watched "Once upon a time in Hollywood".

It is an entertaining movie but a weird one. It feels more like different bits put together than a cohesive unit. The final isn't earned at all. It's just something that happens by sheer luck. It's good but in no way do I think it's Best Picture nominee worthy.
    The ending isn’t earned?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Rookie of the year, couldnít stand this movie.
    The one where the kid breaks his arm and ends up pitching for the Cubs?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Equilibrium - 7/10

this ends my Christian Bale early 2000's trilogy.
    If you're a fan of the Matrix, 80's John Woo films and wanna see John Wick on steroids in the future where no one can feel anything i guess this is for you.

CB early 2000's rankings:
    Machinist
    Equilibrium
    Psycho

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The ending isn’t earned?
    *****Spoilers below*******

How is the Manson loyals ending, by mistake, on Rick Dalton's house an earned edning? If you tell me they ended there because they wanted to kill Cliff Booth after what happened with him when he went to the Hippies ranch, then the situation would have been conected. But in the way that the scene was presented, Tex and company ending in Dalton's house is sheer luck since they were actually trying to end on Sharon Tate's one.

You could have had a totally diferent plot on the first 2 hours of the movie and you stick that final on the last 30 minutes and it would have been exactly the same.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    ^how does someone miss the point of a movie that badly?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ok, tell me what you think is the point of the movie. I'm probably missing something.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    The one where the kid breaks his arm and ends up pitching for the Cubs?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ok, tell me what you think is the point of the movie. I'm probably missing something.
    Still waiting, tbh.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ummm, they weren't trying to kill Tate in this movie. That's the twist. The whole point of Tate being featured was basically a diversion to build expectation to the inevitable, per history.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ummm, they weren't trying to kill Tate in this movie. That's the twist. The whole point of Tate being featured was basically a diversion to build expectation to the inevitable, per history.
    When the Manson loyals were in the car, Tex said that Manson told him "get into my old friends' house (I don't remember the name of the dude) and kill anyone in there". Sharon Tate was the one living on Charles Manson's ex friend house, not Dalton. So, indeed, the Manson's friends broke into the wrong house.

Why would Manson want to kill Dalton if he never knew him?

Thread Information