Page 168 of 237 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218 ... LastLast
Results 4,176 to 4,200 of 5906
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    OK, I won't string you along. After the confrontation, they recognize it's Rick and Sadie comes up with the idea to kill him instead of going to the Tate house as some kind of statement about TV violence they all grew up with.
    Was just adressing that on my post above.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    And sure, the pale looking gave that speech about killing the dudes that showed us how to kill and maybe that's why they got into Dalton's house instead of Tates
    Maybe?
    but that still doesn't take away from the fact that the ending (Manson's people getting to that private neighborhood to kill anyone living on Mansons old friend's house?) has little to no relation to what happened before in the movie aside from that one scene where Manson goes to Polanski's house asking for his friend.
    Wait, you're questioning the actual motive of the real Manson family killings?

This is getting weird.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Maybe?
    Wait, you're questioning the actual motive of the real Manson family killings?

This is getting weird.
    No, I'm saying that what happens on the first two acts of the movie, has little to no effect on the outcome of the final one.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    No, I'm saying that what happens on the first two acts of the movie, has little to no effect on the outcome of the final one.
    That's kind of the point; the audience gets wrong-footed after the cul-de-sac confrontation and thrown into QT's alt-history ending which subverts all the buildup around Tate and the ending we had been expecting. QT might be expecting too much of people not familiar with the murders as they actually happened, but they didn't make much sense anyway.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That's kind of the point; the audience gets wrong-footed after the cul-de-sac confrontation and thrown into QT's alt-history ending which subverts all the buildup around Tate and the ending we had been expecting. QT might be expecting too much of people not familiar with the murders as they actually happened, but they didn't make much sense anyway.
    I get that, I just wished QT had found a way to make the ending a little less a product of chance. Maybe actually develop a relationship between Tate, Dalton and Cliff; or the incident actually having something to do with that scene earlier where Cliff goes to the ranch. I don't know, something that didn't make me feel like watching three different stories forcefully being tied up at the end by an unrelated incident.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    I get that, I just wished QT had found a way to make the ending a little less a product of chance. Maybe actually develop a relationship between Tate, Dalton and Cliff; or the incident actually having something to do with that scene earlier where Cliff goes to the ranch. I don't know, something that didn't make me feel like watching three different stories forcefully being tied up at the end by an unrelated incident.
    Rick, Cliff, and Sharon can’t all be buddies before this because that completely undermines Rick’s emotional breakdowns about his floundering career.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Finally got around to watching Manchester By The Sea, and god damn I loved it. Casey Affleck 100% deserves that Oscar. Just a really honest look at all the different ways people grieve.

8.5/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I think he has a real reverence for the victims that kept him from writing too much fiction about them. He obviously has none for the Manson family; those hippies.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I see u guys talking about once upon a time. In my opinion all the sharon tate stuff could have been cut out of the film. The whole movie is pretty much about Leo and Pitt who are great. Margot Robbie is there just so Tarantino can jerk off on her feet scenes. I dont see how the movie would be different if she wasnt in it. Oh and i like the film, just not as much as other Tarantino films.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I see u guys talking about once upon a time. In my opinion all the sharon tate stuff could have been cut out of the film. The whole movie is pretty much about Leo and Pitt who are great. Margot Robbie is there just so Tarantino can jerk off on her feet scenes. I dont see how the movie would be different if she wasnt in it. Oh and i like the film, just not as much as other Tarantino films.
    If you cut that out,,,you don't get the cathartic crescendo that boomers have been searching for nigh on half-a-century...Tarantino has suffered as well & delivers what he can. It's never going to be enough. If you get into the details...it's boundless agony upon gross examination...the Folger girl finally surrenders her life..."I give up, just kill me." on & on.

"Tex" is imprisoned in Texas & nonetheless has about 2 wives & 6 in' kids.

LoBianco & Tate families have dedicated their lives, made it their legacy to making sure these animals remain behind the walls.

I ain't liked Tarantino since "True Romance."...

Tarantino

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    OUATIH is a very American movie, so I can see why all these non-Americans are completely missing the point of it all. The Sharon Tate stuff is essential, and in many ways is the best part of the film.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    The Gentlemen - 10/10. Goddamn what a fun, satisfying movie. McConnaughey, Farrell, Grant, everybody was just perfect. I can’t see how anybody wouldn’t love it. Go see it NOW

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Exactly what I was saying.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    OUATIH is a very American movie, so I can see why all these non-Americans are completely missing the point of it all. The Sharon Tate stuff is essential, and in many ways is the best part of the film.
    Well then, they should go and actually make a movie about that because OUATIH is like "hey, here's the story of an actor on the edge of an existensial crisis and his stunt man friend. Oh, and at the end they save Sharon Tate. Bye".

This guy explains better what I'm trying to say:

The second problem is that the story of "Once Upon a Time In Hollywood" doesn't earn the plot twist in the same way that the other two movies do by working so hard. In "Inglourious Basterds," viewers witness the horrors of Hitler's anti-Semitic policies, and see multiple characters attempt to fight back against those horrors before the narrative culminates in the assassinations of Hitler and other Nazi higher-ups. In "Django Unchained," Tarantino shows how slavery destroyed the lives of innocent people and establishes how racism was embedded into the society and culture of the South. When that story climaxes with the ular character obtaining vengeance, even audiences who weren't well versed in the history of this period understand where it was coming from.

"Once Upon a Time In Hollywood," on the other hand, has a more meandering plot. Tate is presented in the film as the embodiment of what Tarantino clearly views as the halcyon days of Hollywood — the carefree, spiritually liberating apex of the 1960s — but the entire story doesn't revolve around either Tate or the Manson family. It is, at its heart, the story of an aging actor who needs to reinvent his career and his close friendship with a stuntman suffering his own subtle existential crisis. Their eventual ability to save Tate isn't the inevitable result of their narratives, but comes out of nowhere, feeling shoehorned in rather than organic.
    https://www.salon.com/2019/07/30/onc...sionist-worst/

He's American, btw.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    lol salon

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Matrix reloaded 6/10

I didnt see this in like 15 years. I actually thought it was worse. The story is bull , but i did like the fighting scenes. Yea, there is a lot of cgi in that Neo vs 100 agents scene, but idk, it kinda didnt bother me that much. The highway scene is way too long and it gets boring. I almost fell asleep. Oh, and Monica Bellucci gets a 10...perhaps thats why its a 6 and not a 5.

I am dowloading the 3rd part, but i am pretty sure that one sucks... the first one is an 8 on my imdb page, but i think if i check it again it could be a 9.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    The Farewell - 8/10. Good movie about Billi (Akwafina) and her lament of going back to mainland China to spend time with her ailing Nai Nai. The premise of a sham wedding to get the family around grandma is entertaining. It tussles with the past and the way most Asian cultures deal with the ever-changing mores when coming to terms with death and how the ideology differs from Eastern and Western cultures. It's entertaining and has a tongue-in-cheek motif that if you've grown up around a good portion of Asian families (Especially those of a Chinese background) would recognize it right away.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Matrix Revolutions 3 or 4/10

I gave zero about Zion and most of the movie was taking part there. Neo is like the main guy for the last 10 minutes where he has his stupid looking Dragonball/Superman CGI fight fest. Oh and cgi in this was pretty bad. The story is still , just like in the last one and this one has too little of Monica Bellucci to give it a higher score. I am pretty sure the 4th movie that will come next year will suck, but at least i can still watch the first one.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Try watching Highlander The Quickening again. The CGI is cartoonish but you have to watch these in their day before better is made.

Also the Matrix pretty much requires you to keep up with the story through the animated production and even the video games. It assumes a lot for a trilogy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Try watching Highlander The Quickening again. The CGI is cartoonish but you have to watch these in their day before better is made.

Also the Matrix pretty much requires you to keep up with the story through the animated production and even the video games. It assumes a lot for a trilogy.
    oh yea, i heard about the Highlander sequel that isnt really a sequel cause it doesnt make sense. I dont know if i even wanna watch it...perhaps when I'll be drunk. Highlander 1 is pretty good tho. Definitely a solid 7/10 movie for me.

yea, i think i played Enter the Matrix game when it came out and that game sucked, so i just rather played Max Payne. I also saw the animatrix, but thats also so long ago that i dont remember it and I dont really have any interest going back and watching that stuff. I am also not a fan of things that you have to do extra work to understand the movie. Show it in the movie and thats it, i dont want to read 5 books and play 3 games to understand it. Its ok if the book gives some extra depth to the story, but not when i have to read it to understand the movie. Thats what's going on with the new Star Wars and it sucks,

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Netflix movie The Last Thing He Wanted 1/10

I thought with Baffleck, Hathaway and Defoe it would be something. The movie made no sense at all from beginning to end, I want my two hours back.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    jumanji next level - 5/10... closer to a 4 than a 6

this one was just not funny at all. The action scenes were bigger than in the first one, but it was just stupid and not fun at all. The Rock also doesn't have that much to do in this one. So yea, I aint wathing this ever again.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Hereditary- 8.5/10

Amazing film. Going to watch The Witch next.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Red Sea Diving Resort -Netflix- 8/10

Took a little bit to get going but once it does the tension and action are solid. Bonus for being based on a true story.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Hereditary- 8.5/10

Amazing film. Going to watch The Witch next.
    The part with the daughter in the car. Man...

Thread Information