Page 169 of 238 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,225 of 5943
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    The part with the daughter in the car. Man...
    Bruh I swear I was like this the entire movie

Buddy left his sisters decapitated body in the backseat and went to bed. That is some traumatic .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dark Waters

True story about the attorney who helped bring the Teflon legal action against DuPont. Mark Ruffalo plays the corporate attorney who turns into a white knight for some farmers.
    It's very similar to Civil Action but not as good. I hate it when someone takes an interesting true story and thinks they need to add extra made up to make it more dramatic.
    That's what happens here and it makes a decent movie kind of hokey at times.

If you already saw Civil Action, then this will be seem pretty familiar even though it's a different story. If you haven't seen it, then it will probably be an OK watch.

6/10

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    "The Wicker Man" showed up on Netflix yesterday. This is the original '73 version & is pure horror. Arguably the scariest motion picture I've ever encountered.

Edward Woodward is doomed from the very first scene right thru to the bitter denouement less than 90 minutes later. Like most white men the closer he gets to danger that harder he pursues it. A true wonderment.

Britt Ekland has the nice nude dance scene & Christopher Lee the calculating monster.

A flawless motion picture event.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    "The Wicker Man" showed up on Netflix yesterday. This is the original '73 version & is pure horror. Arguably the scariest motion picture I've ever encountered.

Edward Woodward is doomed from the very first scene right thru to the bitter denouement less than 90 minutes later. Like most white men the closer he gets to danger that harder he pursues it. A true wonderment.

Britt Ekland has the nice nude dance scene & Christopher Lee the calculating monster.

A flawless motion picture event.
    You've already reviewed this one.
    Pretty much verbatim iirc. Except you had a comment about the total despair one feels when watching the final scene and hearing the music.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Bruh I swear I was like this the entire movie

Buddy left his sisters decapitated body in the backseat and went to bed. That is some traumatic .
    The part with the daughter in the car. Man...

That part was based on real events. A man and his buddy were driving drunk and the buddy stuck his head out the window...

Guy got home and passed out afterwards.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    JoJo Rabbit- 4.5/5-Surprisingly good, kinda shaky for the first 20 minutes but surprisingly has a lot of heart kinda moving, takes turns that I didn't expect.

Next-2.5/5- The first 30 minutes were surprisingly good, movie goes way ing down hill afterwards. The ending is outrageously bad, wtf.

Room 237-2.5/5- Doc about the Shining and the theories behind the Shining, interesting but some theories were ing silly.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    You've already reviewed this one.
    Pretty much verbatim iirc. Except you had a comment about the total despair one feels when watching the final scene and hearing the music.
    Oops! Sounds like me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    jumanji next level - 5/10... closer to a 4 than a 6

this one was just not funny at all. The action scenes were bigger than in the first one, but it was just stupid and not fun at all. The Rock also doesn't have that much to do in this one. So yea, I aint wathing this ever again.
    it did not recapture the magic of the first one.

you're right about the rock not having much to do. you can only have him comically say "HEH???" so many times

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    it did not recapture the magic of the first one.

you're right about the rock not having much to do. you can only have him comically say "HEH???" so many times
    They should have left the group of 4 from the first one. Here it was just too many peole and the new cast just didnt do it for me. Nebula was pretty much the only character that stayed good from the first one.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    i tried watching collateral for a second time, first time i saw it was at least a decade ago.

anyways, the movie was boring as fūck, i made it about halfway. way too much of the movie was boring, melodramatic dialogue scenes. the movie should've been 85% about tom cruise's character.

maybe it really picks up in the second half, idc to find out tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    -We Need to Talk About Kevin-

From 2011. Caught it on TUBI.

"Kevin" did not cry his first year out of the womb..."he screamed."

Casts John C. Reilly as the father, but, this isn't the regular Reilly. There is no joy. This is the mother's film: Tilda Swinton.

"Kevin" grows wicked.
    The Legend of Robin Hood plays an integral motion in this film.

Disturbingly predictable, but, still draws one in.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

the first one is an 8 on my imdb page, but i think if i check it again it could be a 9.
    First one is an absolute 10.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    First one is an absolute 10.
    Concur.

The last two are pretty crappy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Baylor Bears
    Bad Boys 3. 9/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Baylor Bears
    Sorry it wasn’t American History X, cornflake.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    invisible man- 5.5/10

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dark Waters

True story about the attorney who helped bring the Teflon legal action against DuPont. Mark Ruffalo plays the corporate attorney who turns into a white knight for some farmers.
    It's very similar to Civil Action but not as good. I hate it when someone takes an interesting true story and thinks they need to add extra made up to make it more dramatic.
    That's what happens here and it makes a decent movie kind of hokey at times.

If you already saw Civil Action, then this will be seem pretty familiar even though it's a different story. If you haven't seen it, then it will probably be an OK watch.

6/10
    Yup - still enjoyed it - 7/10

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Midway -

decent popcorn movie - 7.9/10

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Knives Out -

seemed like a concept done many times before - but just watching the newest latina flavor of the month -(Ana De Armas) was interesting - 7.5/10

Dr. Sleep - another popcorn movie - with some nods to the Stephen King shining book/movie -
    not horrible - 6/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Prisoners (2013) 7/10

I don't even recall ever seeing any trailers for this movie. Hugh Jackman and Jake gylenhall were solid.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dr. Sleep (Directors Cut)-4/5-Rewatched the Shining prior to watching this and was pleasantly surprised how seamless it was as a sequel. Its a slow burn and an hour into it, I wasn't sure that I liked it but it picked up and ended up being pretty damn good.

Knives Out-4/5-Really like these kind of movies (whodunit) its well do

Terminator Dark Fate-2.5/5- Its not horrible but the problem is that it isn't good. Still think 3, 4, and probably 5 are better.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Harry potter all 8 movies - 7/10

I never saw all of the films so now that they were on hbo and i had a lot of time i watched them for a week. Id say none of them gets a 9 or that i would call any of them a masterpiece, but there is probably at leastone 8 in there. I guess i still like the first one the most cause it does bring me back to a 10 year old me and how i really liked it then. Anyway id say its a pretty good series and from 3 on it gets darker and darker. I didnt read the books, but i can see a lot was skipped. But yea, if u got kids or just wanna watch some fun magic stuff id say give it a go.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Sat down to the "The Mule" on free HBO. Not bad for the first half. After that, just pure garbage.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    1917- 7/10. Another solid war movie. Unsure if I liked it more than Dunkirk

Boyz In The Hood- 8/10. Still holds up so well 30 years later.

Thread Information