Page 172 of 176 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176 LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,300 of 4385
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    FYI for anyone who is interested in The Seven Samurai: Tomorrow, April 1st, TCM is honoring the 100th birthday of Japanese actor Toshiro Mifune. 10 great Japanese films including The Seven Samurai and Rashoman played back to back.
    Thank goodness my provider finally supports the TCM app now. Don't have to scour the schedule to find and record the real classics.

If it suits your tastes, PBS is taking several episodes of Great Performances and Live at Lincoln Center from behind the paywall for awhile. Also the Metropolitan Opera is streaming one show from it's archive each day for 23 hours as long as the stage is closed. Il Barbiere di Siviglia still available til 6:30. Tonight it's my favorite weird-ass contemporary opera, Nixon in China.

Happy New Decade! Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Sex Drive - 8/10, but the ending could have been done better
    Sex and Death 101 - 9.5/10

American Honey - 0/10, literally a waste of 3.5 hours of your life all for nothing, no plot, no ending, no conclusion, just a massive waste of time.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    Damn 生きる is a definite 10/10. It's about a soul-less paper pushing thirty year bureaucrat who finds out he has stomach cancer and realizes he has never done in his life and tries to live his last months.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Requiem for a Dream, 8/10.

Really good, but maybe the most distburing movie Iíve ever seen.
    Itís definitely at or near the top of the ďI loved it, and I never want to watch it againĒ movie list.

Ellen Burstyn still one of my favorite acting performances ever in that movie. She lost the Oscar to Julia ing Roberts.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Funny, I actually watched Magnificent Seven for the first time on Sunday and that's what made me want to watch Three Amigos. Have to say I like the latter (and Seven Samurai) better.
    I havenít seen Three Amigos but I want to now. Its a good premise for a movie. Like A Bugís Life and Galaxy Quest

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Thank goodness my provider finally supports the TCM app now. Don't have to scour the schedule to find and record the real classics.

If it suits your tastes, PBS is taking several episodes of Great Performances and Live at Lincoln Center from behind the paywall for awhile. Also the Metropolitan Opera is streaming one show from it's archive each day for 23 hours as long as the stage is closed. Il Barbiere di Siviglia still available til 6:30. Tonight it's my favorite weird-ass contemporary opera, Nixon in China.
    I don’t use the app. I am forever shackled to cable/sat because I have to have TCM in real time lol. Sunday morning is like church for me, scanning the schedule for the week and setting the dvr

I’m glad about PBS, I’ve not watched much other than Saturday cooking shows since my Passport ran out. It really burns me that Direct TV doesn’t carry the Create channels.

Yea my opera experiences are a bit limited. I mean I did play clarinet in the orchestra for my college’s production of M. Butterfly Do you ever go to the Met Opera Fathom Events? I’ve been to a couple of the ballet productions, and I never miss a Flashback Cinema!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I don’t use the app. I am forever shackled to cable/sat because I have to have TCM in real time lol. Sunday morning is like church for me, scanning the schedule for the week and setting the dvr
    You might have some on demand options but yeah, it used to be a ritual with me too. Now it's easier to pick stuff out from the master list.

I’m glad about PBS, I’ve not watched much other than Saturday cooking shows since my Passport ran out. It really burns me that Direct TV doesn’t carry the Create channels.
    Yeah, I still have rabbit ears to pick up the subchannels here.

Yea my opera experiences are a bit limited. I mean I did play clarinet in the orchestra for my college’s production of M. Butterfly Do you ever go to the Met Opera Fathom Events? I’ve been to a couple of the ballet productions, and I never miss a Flashback Cinema!
    Only saw a couple fancy ones I missed like Aida. Otherwise PBS shows the same operas as Fathom. I do catch more of the National Theatre Live series since they don't show up anywhere else.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    HBO is offering some of their programming free starting today. A lot of Series, Westworld & The Sopranos in particular.
    I tried Westworld, but, it's not my cup of tea. I hate seeing the Evan Rachel girl turned woman. A damn shame.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I haven’t seen Three Amigos but I want to now. Its a good premise for a movie. Like A Bug’s Life and Galaxy Quest
    There is no way that holds up.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    First time I’ve watched Airplane in years, forgot how funny it was.

Do you like movies about Gladiators?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    First time Iíve watched Airplane in years, forgot how funny it was.
    Seen it too many times to want to watch it again. But it's a movie that might actually be well served by a remake.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Seen it too many times to want to watch it again. But it's a movie that might actually be well served by a remake.
    That’s ridiculous.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    I don’t see how you could find an actor to replace Leslie Nielsen.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Gladiator extended version with audio commentary by Russel Crowe and the director.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Liam Neeson

Ray Lewis Killed A Guy monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Liam Hemsworth

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Liam Gallagher

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Peter Gallagher

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Upgrade 6/10- pretty good action film with gruesome kills, if you're into that. the acting left a lot to be desired from the supporting actors and some questionable decision making by the lead actor, but decent film for the Rona lockdown.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Ain't hot for the film, but, this gd ending (last 60 seconds) gets me teared up each & every time.

All the actors on the raised platform & then him below remain in precise character (to which they were assigned) thru the fade out.

I love it so.

Name
    Dick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Peter Sellers

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    That’s ridiculous.
    I'm not saying it'd be better. It's just a concept that can be humorously explored with more modern nuance.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I'm not saying it'd be better. It's just a concept that can be humorously explored with more modern nuance.
    When you put it that way it sounds like a laugh riot.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    When you put it that way it sounds like a laugh riot.
    Muh enemies list

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Yours?

Sorry you made your terrible idea sound even more terrible with your defensive, try-hard vocabulary post.

You tried to use "nuance" to describe Airplane.

Thread Information