Page 181 of 238 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,525 of 5943
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    The Thing - still a great movie, but goddamn, the characters are stupid. Why did Nauls just wander off at the end without saying ANYTHING to Mac? Lazy writing in some parts.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    The Thing - still a great movie, but goddamn, the characters are stupid. Why did Nauls just wander off at the end without saying ANYTHING to Mac? Lazy writing in some parts.
    The Thinning

Logan Paul is a whatever, but the two girl main characters are smokin hot.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    the mummy 1999 - 8/10 ... i think 8 is high, but it's one of my favorite films, so thats my subjective rating. I also watched the Tom Cruise one not long ago and damn, this really is a masterpiece compared to that one. Fraser was also perfect fo the role, just as everyone else really. People that like adventure movies and games like Uncharted would like it it think. If i was rating it objectively id say its more like a 6.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    The War With Grandpa: 5/10

If I was about half my age I'd probably give it a 7 or 8

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    the mummy 1999 - 8/10 ... i think 8 is high, but it's one of my favorite films, so thats my subjective rating. I also watched the Tom Cruise one not long ago and damn, this really is a masterpiece compared to that one. Fraser was also perfect fo the role, just as everyone else really. People that like adventure movies and games like Uncharted would like it it think. If i was rating it objectively id say its more like a 6.
    Nah, a 6 would be a terrible rating.

This was one of those films that just hit the right cues on all the right spots with little money and mediocre actors. I mean, iirc the story on the first mummy was pretty good. 8 seems about right on merits.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Justice League's Snyder's Cut. 8/10

Actually enjoyed this one over two nights. The tone of the movie was perfect and all the goofy, lame jokes were cut out.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Monster Hunter ?/10

I had to stop this masterpiece halfway through, but I might force myself to finish it. Other than decent VFX, it's average to bad. The movie opens with Ron Perlman looking like Will Ferrel from Blades of Glory, but blonde and with an intense tan. There you go. Milla with a big-ass sword got me to watch. Beware.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Bridesmaids

Just was running on regular TV and I ended up watching the last half and then the first half (they ran it back to back). Until I watched it again, I really only remember the food poisoning scene which is as funny and wheels off as The Office, Fire Safety, intro.

But I forgot how funny the whole movie actually was. As far as funny chicks go, this has to be the most solid ensemble cast there's ever been.
    Biggest issue with that movie is that its at least half an hour too long, they left a bunch of stuff in that shouldn't have made it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Biggest issue with that movie is that its at least half an hour too long, they left a bunch of stuff in that shouldn't have made it.
    Yeah...for sure. You could probably say the same thing about any comedy. My guess is that a writer has a few scenes/situations in his head and they build a movie/plot around it. Even though it's really just a few comedy skits. But it's probably impossible to release an hour long move.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah...for sure. You could probably say the same thing about any comedy. My guess is that a writer has a few scenes/situations in his head and they build a movie/plot around it. Even though it's really just a few comedy skits. But it's probably impossible to release an hour long move.
    Its a big problem with Apatow movies though, he was a producer on Bridesmaids. He had a movie called Funny People, actually a pretty good movie but God that movie lasted a good hour longer than it needed too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Its a big problem with Apatow movies though, he was a producer on Bridesmaids. He had a movie called Funny People, actually a pretty good movie but God that movie lasted a good hour longer than it needed too.
    I mean...it's a hard thing to do. You want funny lol moments and those are usually very situationally based. Or character based (like most Sandler movies). So they end up creating a plot just to deliver a few funny moments.

Now with streaming, it'd be great to see hour long comedy movies.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    New Mutants- 3/5 Didn't hate it, actually. Good young cast and tries to do something different from the X-men movies. Anya-Joy Taylor practically carry's the movie though.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    New Mutants- 3/5 Didn't hate it, actually. Good young cast and tries to do something different from the X-men movies. Anya-Joy Taylor practically carry's the movie though.
    Yeah this movie was really really bad lol. Magik is a dope character tho, and she was a great casting choice.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Vast of Night (2020) on Amazon Prime for free.
    Set in 50s, low budget, character and suspense driven thriller about weird going on in a town near a New Mexico airbase.
    Was really good. Recommend it. 7/10

Also saw Overlord (2018)
    WW2 US forces encounter strange Nazi experiment . Was really fun movie. Bummed I hadn't seen it sooner. The opening scene is doooooope. 7/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Vast of Night (2020) on Amazon Prime for free.
    Set in 50s, low budget, character and suspense driven thriller about weird going on in a town near a New Mexico airbase.
    Was really good. Recommend it. 7/10

Also saw Overlord (2018)
    WW2 US forces encounter strange Nazi experiment . Was really fun movie. Bummed I hadn't seen it sooner. The opening scene is doooooope. 7/10
    Agree on Vast of Night. Solid low budget sci fi. I heard the podcast first and it was also very good. Although if you saw the movie first, no reason to check out the pc.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Agree on Vast of Night. Solid low budget sci fi. I heard the podcast first and it was also very good. Although if you saw the movie first, no reason to check out the pc.
    snapp, had no idea. That woulda def been cool

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    snapp, had no idea. That woulda def been cool
    that's weird...I can't find it now. Maybe I'm thinking of Welcome to Nightvale. Although when I was watching Vast of Night, I could have sworn I heard it on a podcast.
    Dunno.

Edit...doesn't seem like it was ever a podcast
    https://www.indiewire.com/2020/06/th...on-1202232583/

anyhoo...good movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah this movie was really really bad lol. Magik is a dope character tho, and she was a great casting choice.
    Meh, I don't agree. I think it's fine, not great but decent. If you know the main character's powers before watching the movie, its kinda anti-climatic but the main cast is solid and do good work with script issues. Its certainly better than Dark Phoenix and Apocalypse imo

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I mean...it's a hard thing to do. You want funny lol moments and those are usually very situationally based. Or character based (like most Sandler movies). So they end up creating a plot just to deliver a few funny moments.

Now with streaming, it'd be great to see hour long comedy movies.
    Sure but its not like solid 1 hour and 40 minutes comedy's haven't been done. I just don't care for the ones that drag out like they keep a bunch of scenes that aren't really that funny or essential to the plot in. Bridesmaids and Funny People are case and point. They could be a full star better imo by actually having decent editing. Ironically, they'd probably work better as half-an hour mini series.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Godzilla : King of the Monsters

2/10

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Nobody - 8.5/10

You may be thinking John Wick clone but it's not. It was great.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles

Watched 1st episode. Recommend.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    It was cool because it was well written.
    The DJ carried the movie imo, but I did enjoy them trying to figure out the signals.
    The DJ talked way fast but he was still very good.
    Once it got to the space craft ... Thats usually when Im gone.
    If they would just leave these movies with the peripheral evidence and not introduce the aliens, and or their ships dont need to be present or shown imo.

I did enjoy it though. The old TV at the beginning and end was cool and the 50s technology with the tape recorders and such was very good. The switchboard stuff was excellent.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles

Watched 1st episode. Recommend.
    Chicago P.D. another show I like

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Greenland............... 7/10

Pure action and entertainment. Storyline is meh, but the end of the world theme is frightening.

Thread Information