Page 185 of 238 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,625 of 5943
    Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The Thin Red Line - 6/10

very nice shot, good acting, especially by Nolte, but its just kinda too slow and with a bunch of themes of life, death, love, war, afterlife,... idk, most of the time i really like war films, but this was more of a drama than a war film, even tho, the battle scenes were really looking good. Gotta say, a movie that knew how to do all the wide shots at the right time.

Memories of Murder - 7/10

a korean film, kinda based on real events. pretty good story and great acting. it also has some funny parts, that actually mix in nicely, even tho it is a serious film about rape and murder.

Soldier - 6/10

this is closer to a 5, but I will give Paul WS Anderson that, he at least was using a lot of practical effects in his early films (MK, Event Horizon) and it looked good. The story is pretty basic. I also think Kurt Russell has very little lines for a role where he's a star in, but i get it, as he's pretty much a human robot. Anyway, i'd say its a classic 90's sci fi movie.

I also watched the Deer Hunter and idk if id give it a 7 or a 8. I can even see some people give it a 9, but I guess it just dragged a bit too much for me.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Step Brothers

0.5/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    "No Sudden Move "

7/10

Don Cheadle, Benecio Del Toro and Liotta are great. A few fun moments. Brendan Fraser is almost unrecognizable as fat goon.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    No particular order...

-The Asphalt Jungle- (1950)
    -In a Lonely Place- (1950)
    -Detective Story- (1951)
    -Papillon- (1973)
    -The Barretts of Wimpole Street- (1934)
    -Dark Victory- (1939)
    -One Way Passage- (1932)
    -Ever in My Heart- (1933)
    -Forbidden- (1932)
    -Sadie McKee- (1934)
    The Bridge On The River Kwai is five bucks on Vudu right now on sale.

But let's be honest, you have a videotaped version with the handwritten label in your cabinet, don't you?
    Last edited by Spurtacular; 07-12-2021 at 05:59 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    its not a movie, but i just finished the series Pacific. After what they did with Band of Brothers, I expected this to be great and it kinda was. The war scenes look great for a series and i am sure they had lots of money for it, but it was well spent. Music, sound, acting and stories were also pretty good. My only problem is that I didnt really give a about any of these characters. Like, In BoB I liked pretty much everyone, but here, i was like, if he dies, he dies. Sucks for me that the series is all about characters, so I cant really give it more than a 7/10. Perhaps an 8.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    -The Return of the Living Dead- (1985)

On HBO Max.

Hadn't seen it in quite a few years and it holds up just fine. Has that blend of horror, with a touch of comedy and good actors in there, Clu Gulager and James Karen. Special effects are outstanding as well as the make-up. It's a 90 minute blast of sight and sound that endures, with the attendant gut punch at the last.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    -The Return of the Living Dead- (1985)

On HBO Max.

Hadn't seen it in quite a few years and it holds up just fine. Has that blend of horror, with a touch of comedy and good actors in there, Clu Gulager and James Karen. Special effects are outstanding as well as the make-up. It's a 90 minute blast of sight and sound that endures, with the attendant gut punch at the last.
    comparing that to some like army of the dead, its a masterpiece.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    comparing that to some like army of the dead, its a masterpiece.
    Amen.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    its not a movie, but i just finished the series Pacific. After what they did with Band of Brothers, I expected this to be great and it kinda was. The war scenes look great for a series and i am sure they had lots of money for it, but it was well spent. Music, sound, acting and stories were also pretty good. My only problem is that I didnt really give a about any of these characters. Like, In BoB I liked pretty much everyone, but here, i was like, if he dies, he dies. Sucks for me that the series is all about characters, so I cant really give it more than a 7/10. Perhaps an 8.
    I liked both when I watched them a couple years back.
    But knowing what I know now about Hollywood selling bold govt. lies, I don't know that I'd appreciate them so much now.
    Good for the non cynical mind I suppose though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    - Falling Down - (1993)

Brilliant movie. Michael Douglas plays a psychotic antihero who faces situations most can relate to. Schumacher gives us someone to root for who is idealistic and filled with bravado, but also seriously flawed. The picture was ahead of it's time.

9/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Generation Kill (series) 9/10

one of the best things i saw in years. Very little action for a war series, but the characters are great. Compared to the ones in Pacific I watched 3 days ago, these guys here feel so much better and real. Its also nice to see men acting like men and thank god there aint no PC bull .

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    I’m like 30 minutes into A Quiet Place 2, but did I miss something? Deaf girl grabs a guitar amp to use as a speaker to kill the aliens, cuts the power cord, plugs in the microphone…..and that’s it. What exactly is the power source for the amp? It’s borderline unwatchable unless this gets explained to me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Lebron Space jam 2/10

Kill me

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    A Quiet Place II - 3/10

I really enjoyed the first film, and I have no problem suspending reality or overlooking plot holes to an extent, but this one pushed my limits. The guitar amp not being plugged into anything, the oxygen tanks that make a loud hiss (unless the plot needs them to be perfectly silent while the main characters are exposed), opening rusty metal doors that makes all kinds of loud creaking noises (unless the plot needs them to open perfectly silently when the main characters are exposed), the aliens attacking and killing people with lightning quick speed unless it’s a main character and then they choose to take their sweet time, and another Signs ripoff of water being the aliens’ main weakness yet they somehow dominated a planet that’s 70% water

The kids are awesome in the movie, it’s very entertaining overall, and Cillian Murphy is great as always, but once I saw the massive plot hole right at the start, all I could focus on was all the other massive plot holes and it completely lost me.
    Last edited by monosylab1k; 07-16-2021 at 06:44 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    A Quiet Place II - 5/10

I really enjoyed the first film, and I have no problem suspending reality or overlooking plot holes to an extent, but this one pushed my limits. The guitar amp not being plugged into anything, the oxygen tanks that make a loud hiss (unless the plot needs them to be perfectly silent while the main characters are exposed), opening rusty metal doors that makes all kinds of loud creaking noises (unless the plot needs them to open perfectly silently when the main characters are exposed), the aliens attacking and killing people with lightning quick speed unless it’s a main character and then they choose to take their sweet time, and another Signs ripoff of water being the aliens’ main weakness yet they somehow dominated a planet that’s 70% water

The kids are awesome in the movie, it’s very entertaining overall, and Cillian Murphy is great as always, but once I saw the massive plot hole right at the start, all I could focus on was all the other massive plot holes and it completely lost me.
    Not to mention the fact that the aliens get here via a meteor. Let’s just ignore how the blind aliens hitched a ride on meteors, let’s just skip to how multiple meteors crashing into Earth would be COMPLETELY DEVASTATING TO ALL HUMAN LIFE ON EARTH.

Jim Halpert and Mary Poppins wouldn’t have to worry about saving their family from aliens because THEY’D ALL BE DEAD FROM THE METEOR THAT HIT THEIR TOWN.

Changing my rating to 3/10

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Lebron Space jam 2/10

Kill me
    why on earth would you watch that ?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    why on earth would you watch that ?
    i thought it will be so bad that it will be good... well i was wrong. two people that were watching it with me fell asleep 20 min in the movie.

i actually have no idea why i gave it a 2... its a 1.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i thought it will be so bad that it will be good... well i was wrong. two people that were watching it with me fell asleep 20 min in the movie.

i actually have no idea why i gave it a 2... its a 1.
    This is where HBO Max comes in handy. That ’s on there.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    The Little Things - 5.5/10

Pretty big disappointment for a movie starring Denzel and Rami Malek.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    This is where HBO Max comes in handy. That ’s on there.
    Even with that I'm not wasting one minute

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Lebron Space jam 2/10

Kill me
    The ads make it look fun. Only been hearing bad reviews though.

Didn't watch either Space Jam though, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    I watched 3 films on my long flight home. Overall I enjoyed flying with Delta

the Big Lebowski
    Gran Torino
    Unbroken

3 vastly different films but damn good in their genres. The first two are considered classics and I took the opportunity to finally mark off my list. Unbroken was a pleasant surprise, I remember a buddy recommending many years ago. Check them out yourself!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I thought Gran Torino was boring overall but it's Clint Eastwood playing that usual old grouch doing some nice things role so there's that

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    "Tomorrow War"

6.5/10

-About 30 minutes too long.
    -If they would have given this movie a more comedic tone with Chris Pratt it would have been way better.
    - they totally ripped off the alien beasts from Stranger Things
    - still a watchable popcorn movie

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I thought Gran Torino was boring overall but it's Clint Eastwood playing that usual old grouch doing some nice things role so there's that
    Agree.

Thread Information