Page 187 of 238 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,675 of 5943
    Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The suicide squad 9/10 don't listen to ^ that guy
    I am sure lots of people will enjoy it very much. I dont know if i can see how it's a 9, but at least u had fun with it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Dragon Ball Super Broly - 6/10

i grew up with the series and its still my favorite (not best) anime/manga of all time, so I decided to watch this for the second time and its pretty good. I know people are saying how this is the best DB movie, but i still think Battle of Gods takes that spot. Gotta say, the animations and art style was amazing, other than some CGI scenes, which just look off. The story is meh, a little beter than the original Broly movie, but nothing special. I know most peole give zero s about the story in a DB movie, but I guess i am one of the rare ones. If you're in just for the fights its gonna be great.

Kingdom: Ashin of the North - 6/10

This is a special for the korean series Kingdom, which is a zombie series thats pretty damn good, unlike the Walking dead. So yea, I do reccomend this if u like zombie stuff. There's only 12 episodes + this movie lenght episode. The special is good and I like how they portrayed the female protagonist (unlike recent american stuff). It also has a nice twist at the end. The one big problem I had was the CGI on animals. They just dont belong there and I think they didn't even have to put them in this. The antagonists were also pretty lame, but I did still enjoy it.
    Last edited by Texas_Ranger; 08-08-2021 at 02:21 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Suicide Squad - 5/10

All i heard about this movie is how its great, that its probably the best DCEU movie. People were giving it 8's and 9's and I have no idea if i watched the same movie. Is it more funny than the first one? Yea, sure. Is it better? Not really. Its pretty much the same with a different team of people. I actually thought it would be much better just cause of James Gunn, who's MCU films I think were very good, especially Guardians 1, which is in my top 3 MCU films, but this here was not even close to that. I also have no ing idea when Harley Quinn became a super John Wick on steroids. I expect to see her fly in the next one. I did like the rat girl, while Idris Elba was pretty much Will Smith from the first one. Oh, and Weasel was great. Sucks that he's in the movie for 2 minutes... Anyway, i think i am done with superhero films, cause this is just hard to watch.
    I normally think you're being hard on comic book films just because, but I agree with you here. The Suicide Squad seemed overly goofy and gory just for the sake of it. I didn't enjoy it any more than the first one, which was not much at all.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I normally think you're being hard on comic book films just because, but I agree with you here. The Suicide Squad seemed overly goofy and gory just for the sake of it. I didn't enjoy it any more than the first one, which was not much at all.
    its just this 4th phase that I dont really like. After Infinity war it was all kinda meh for me (and yea, I know earlier phases also had subpar films). I also ed up, saying i am done with superhero films, as I am kinda looking forward to the Sam Raimi's Dr. Strange. I just hope it will have the Raimi feeling and not be generic as most Marvel films where it doesnt matter who the director is.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Road Head (B-Movie) - Surprisingly enough it was entertaining and dumb af but still pretty damn entertaining so for that alone I give it a 3/5.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Wow Pig was really good. 8/10

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Dragon Ball Super Broly - 6/10

i grew up with the series and its still my favorite (not best) anime/manga of all time, so I decided to watch this for the second time and its pretty good. I know people are saying how this is the best DB movie, but i still think Battle of Gods takes that spot. Gotta say, the animations and art style was amazing, other than some CGI scenes, which just look off. The story is meh, a little beter than the original Broly movie, but nothing special. I know most peole give zero s about the story in a DB movie, but I guess i am one of the rare ones. If you're in just for the fights its gonna be great.
    Helps that this time it's cannon at least

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Suicide Squad - 5/10

All i heard about this movie is how its great, that its probably the best DCEU movie. People were giving it 8's and 9's and I have no idea if i watched the same movie. Is it more funny than the first one? Yea, sure. Is it better? Not really. Its pretty much the same with a different team of people. I actually thought it would be much better just cause of James Gunn, who's MCU films I think were very good, especially Guardians 1, which is in my top 3 MCU films, but this here was not even close to that. I also have no ing idea when Harley Quinn became a super John Wick on steroids. I expect to see her fly in the next one. I did like the rat girl, while Idris Elba was pretty much Will Smith from the first one. Oh, and Weasel was great. Sucks that he's in the movie for 2 minutes... Anyway, i think i am done with superhero films, cause this is just hard to watch.
    Yea they buff her like Black Widow
    Will Smith is diarrhea dumpster juice compared to Elba. His schtick is so ing old and repe ive, TOSB actor

I think the 8s and 9s stem from people completely re-working their internal scoring system for the fest that is the DCEU. An 8 or 9 for a DC film is like a 4-6 for a MCU movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Wow Pig was really good. 8/10

3-4 whole rows of people were tearing up leaving the theater for this one. Cage's performance was heart moving.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes

3-4 whole rows of people were tearing up leaving the theater for this one. Cage's performance was heart moving.
    Cage gets a lot of for his roles but he's been on a win streak lately. The guy from Hereditary had a dope performance as well.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Cage gets a lot of for his roles but he's been on a win streak lately. The guy from Hereditary had a dope performance as well.
    Agreed. Although what's up with him getting roles where his parents are Aryan looking lmfao, dude looks pakistani or something, NTTAWWT

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    Fatale. Hillary Swank and Michael Ealy.

Awesome plot.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    "No Sudden Move "

7/10

Don Cheadle, Benecio Del Toro and Liotta are great. A few fun moments. Brendan Fraser is almost unrecognizable as fat goon.
    Yeah....this was worth watching. 7/10 seems right. Kieran Culkin always seems to cast correctly as well. Movie gets a little off the rails but it's entertaining.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The Mummy Tomb of the Dragon Emperor -3/10

The first mummy with Fraser is one of my favorite films, even tho I dont think its that great of a film, but this was just bad. I knew that most people didnt like the movie and from the rating on the imdb i could see it's average at best. Also, the director has made mostly ty films, so I really shouldnt have expected a good film. But still, i was kinda disappointed, cause i dont think it was average, but just on the line of being or just bad. I guess it was nice of them to change the setting from Egypt to China and try something new, but I just didnt have the feeling I was watching a mummy movie. It would also be better if the charecters were fun, like in the previous two, but here they are just different. Fraser looks depressed all the time and at the time he had personal stuff going on, so i get it. Replacing Rachel Weisz with Maria Bello was also pretty stupid, cause Bello just didnt act like Weisz and I never had a feeling it was the same character. It would have been much better if the just killed off the Evy character and had Bello portray Rick's new partner or something. Anyway, there was no chemistry, so it looked off. Then we have their son Alex, who they tried making the new star of the franchise, but he never gave me a feeling a movie with just him would be anything good. Hmmm, now thinking of it. There was another 2008 adventure movie that tried doing the same and it also didnt work. Well, here we at least dont have a monkey tarzan scene, so thats a plus i guess... Jet Lee was probably available for like 5 days of the shooting, as he's in the film for the first 5 minutes and the last 5 minutes, while being cgi for the rest of it. Then there's the 2 chinese women, who are there just to explain the plot. So on the end of the day, only Jonathan felt like the same character from the previous movies. There's also this scene when Rick and Alex are talking about their guns in the Himalayas and Rick sounded like he was in another movie. I did read Fraser had a vocal cord surgery, so perhaps it was cause of that... Anyway the movie sucks. If you want a fun adventure taking place in snowy mountains, searching for immortality i recommend playing uncharted 2. It looks like these two things were dealing with a similar script, but Uncharted did great, while the mummy did very bad. I'd still rather have seen the 4th one with Fraser than the one with Tom Cruise tho, as that one was perhaps an even bigger than this. This was also the last big film Brendan Fraser did before being pretty much blacklisted from Pedowood, so its nice to see him being in the new Aronovsky and Scorsese films. Wish him all the best after what his succubus of a wife did to him.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    -Light of My Life- (2019) with Casey Affleck and a young girl actress as his daughter post killer pandemic world that has decimated the female species. A bit too long, a bit too monotonous, but it'll suffice for a couple hours. She's incognito---otherwise she'd be raped 6 ways to Sunday, every Sunday.

I always enjoy Affleck.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    For it's worth and it ain't worth much EPIX is giving away their thru Sunday. They have over 2k of movies available and I went thru 'em all A-Z after prepping a PlayList. 45 minutes later I got 10, nary a one a blue chipper.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    The Ice Road on Netflix - 5/10. The climax dragged on quite a bit.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Rambo

First Blood

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Rambo

First Blood
    Yep, me too over the last two weekends on different channels. It's all done in 93 minutes!

SS gives the Sheriff & Gault as much room as they need.

Love how Gault is still steaming at the bottom of the gorge when SS arrives. That's SS, he doesn't miss a detail.

& it is almost surreal to see McKinney at straight arrow 10 years after -Deliverance-

see what I did with the (straight arrow) tie in?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    The Ice Road on Netflix - 5/10. The climax dragged on quite a bit.
    I thought about it, glad now I passed. I won't be tempted anymore. Thanks, lefty.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    -Let Him Go- with Kostner

HBOMAX

I got conned into watching this damn thing by one of the kids.

I wouldn't hit a dog in the ass with it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    -Manchester by the Sea-

Grim business that will require a another viewing and perhaps another after that.

A flawless motion picture event.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    -Forever Mine- from '99 with Gretchen Mol & Liotta as the wife & husband. Hard to ever get past Liotta's work in -Goodfellas-

Stupid movie had me crying over here yesterday afternoon.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just watched a do entary on David Geffen. Kind of a random watch but it's very good. Pretty amazing streak of successes. I didn't realize how important he was in the 60's music scene.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    We Need To Talk About Kevin

What a ed up movie

7/10. 10/10 on the ed up factor
    Last edited by LaMarcus Bryant; 08-23-2021 at 12:15 PM.

Thread Information