Page 188 of 238 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198 ... LastLast
Results 4,676 to 4,700 of 5943
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    We Need To Talk About Kevin

What a ed up movie

7/10. 10/10 on the ed up factor
    Yes.

- "He didn't cry for the first 3 months. He screamed for the first 3 months."

- His mother.

& placing John C. Reilly in there like that.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    -Manchester by the Sea-

Grim business that will require a another viewing and perhaps another after that.

A flawless motion picture event.
    Watched this upon your recommendation.
    Fantastic.

Real look into tragedies that reveal a wide range of human emotion, grieving, responsibilities, and irreparable damage but we somehow move on. The main character's wife then ex wife was outstanding. She had a smaller role but she was awesome. A lot of battered people in that film and it brought it out extraordinarily well. That sit down dinner with "reformed mom", incredibly good.

Good choice Thread. I trust your judgment with this stuff.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Got badgered into another mistake. -Midsommar- (2019)

It's -The Wicker Man- on stern steroids. Takes it's sweet ass time getting there, but arrives eventually and with a vengeance.

Finally I knew what was coming and still would not change that channel. The only two things I've managed to strictly avoid (at least to this juncture) is that one Hannibal movie with Liotta and that part where old Han Magic (red) Marker's his head for dinner. Got to the very last second and changed the channel (several times///years apart). And the other one is where Pearl gets his head chopped off. Turned that off just as the fellow behind the seated Pearl draws his machete from his robes. I don't even know if it's anywhere on the Internet now and will try with all me might not to inquire thus.

---

-Father and Daughters- (2015) with Crowe and the Seyfried girl. Anytime you can get Crowe in front of a camera is a good day. And once and again the girl is naked in this.

It's told in jigsaw fashion, back and forth, not in order, but it's a stout tale that pushes a lot of buttons and she's naked several times.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Last Movie I saw was: The Suicide Squad.

I'd probably rate it a 7.5/10 as an entertainment film, nothing too deep that you need to rush out and see it. However, Margot Robie as Harley Quinn is always a fun watch. John Cena and Idris Alba's back and forth is decent. I'd say it's better than the one released in 2015. While DC is light years behind Marvel, it is on HBO Max and you can catch it from the sanc y of home.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Watched this upon your recommendation.
    Fantastic.

Real look into tragedies that reveal a wide range of human emotion, grieving, responsibilities, and irreparable damage but we somehow move on. The main character's wife then ex wife was outstanding. She had a smaller role but she was awesome. A lot of battered people in that film and it brought it out extraordinarily well. That sit down dinner with "reformed mom", incredibly good.

Good choice Thread. I trust your judgment with this stuff.
    Yes, (their) scene toward the last is an accomplishment. After that scene we finally knew it all.

---
    Though I did get a bit of a kick out of the early hospital room scene where the brother is prognosed..."50 to the 60 years expectancy." the doctor.

Well, right off the bat "Joe" processes it damn quick, just like Dale would. "Is that 50 - 60 now, from this point?"

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Yes, (their) scene toward the last is an accomplishment. After that scene we finally knew it all.

---
    Though I did get a bit of a kick out of the early hospital room scene where the brother is prognosed..."50 to the 60 years expectancy." the doctor.

Well, right off the bat "Joe" processes it damn quick, just like Dale would. "Is that 50 - 60 now, from this point?"

There was some really good stuff thrown in involving his brother and his right hand man. (who Adopted the kid)
    At the big dinner when he was yelling back and forth with his wife on whether the beaten down brother was hungry and needed a plate or not. The scene with the ex wife wanting to have lunch finally telling him how much guilt she laid on him. That was especially good.

Just very well done... right in the moment odd situations that are really uncomfortable.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Fences

Holy - best performance of Denzel's career...

how did I miss this when it came out?

Really, a play, but it was just gut-wrenching and beautiful at the same time.

9.3/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ballface and the Strange Chicken Massacre
    3/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    There was some really good stuff thrown in involving his brother and his right hand man. (who Adopted the kid)
    At the big dinner when he was yelling back and forth with his wife on whether the beaten down brother was hungry and needed a plate or not. The scene with the ex wife wanting to have lunch finally telling him how much guilt she laid on him. That was especially good.

Just very well done... right in the moment odd situations that are really uncomfortable.

Yep, peeg, we didn't need to hear it in "real time"---this way was much better. She was at her wit's end with him earlier the night it happened.

And the "I love you." from her had me welling up. He didn't accept it, peeg, but I God's he needed to hear it, we needed it then. We had to have it, and that production didn't grudge it, just gave it to us, one and all. And may have kept him from grabbing another pistol.

-
    -
    -
    After explaining how he couldn't adopt him early on..."We're kinda losing the kids now, not taking them in." Sure, wants to have that time with the wife now, but we don't need to see the transitions (husband and wife) come to. They had that talk, by God, and they got there.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Fences

Holy - best performance of Denzel's career...

how did I miss this when it came out?

Really, a play, but it was just gut-wrenching and beautiful at the same time.

9.3/10
    I don't know, they hammered us with the television ads constantly. I still ain't seen it though.

I always enjoyed his work in -Flight- have watched that damn thing now 4 times.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    10589756[/URL]]I don't know, they hammered us with the television ads constantly. I still ain't seen it though.

Flight was great. Looked like game over once he raided the minibar. Then Goodman comes in and rescues him with the blow. But Denzel takes the fall anyway.

Still…for me, it’s Training Day and Man on Fire.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Flight was great. Looked like game over once he raided the minibar. Then Goodman comes in and rescues him with the blow. But Denzel takes the fall anyway.

Yep, the kidnapping scene in "Fire" is just so well executed. Just took their time and did it right and it sets up the rest of film without straining.

---

The problem with Denzel taking "the fall" in "Flight" is it left Cheadle and Greenwood up to their necks in pure . They're both finished and will lose their plum jobs and do prison. And Denzel rolled over for the/a dead girl. Just keep your mouth shut and then dedicate your life to sobriety and to her memory. Don't take those two men into the ter with you like that. (And Cheadle never trusted him to begin with).

It's what bothers me about "American Gangster." He's basically a rat with a nice coat of lipstick, but he's still a rat there.

***I'd give my right nut for that beat up muscle car at the end of "Fire." I'd drive that in' thing around Phoenix till they shot my ass and made me stop.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't know, they hammered us with the television ads constantly. I still ain't seen it though.

Fences was his crowning achievement,period.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Fences was his crowning achievement,period.
    I'll hunt it down, Homer. Though I haven't seen that le in passing thru the streams.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'll hunt it down, Homer. Though I haven't seen that le in passing thru the streams.

His character gave - NO QUARTER - none whatsoever -

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Way off buddy. He peaked in the 90s with Ricochet and Virtuosity.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Way off buddy. He peaked in the 90s with Ricochet and Virtuosity.
    Damn...that's going back. I don't think I would have even remembered those if you asked me to list his movies. Don't think I ever saw Virtuosity. I think I remember Ricochet. That was the Gene Simmons vehicle I believe.

LMAO...I just checked and Gene Simmons was in Runaway.

Anyway, I remember Denzel from St. Elsewhere. Along with Howie, Mark Harmon etc. I'll always remember the episode where Harmon (a ladies man) is having sex with some chick and she cuts him up and tells him she has AIDS.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Damn...that's going back. I don't think I would have even remembered those if you asked me to list his movies. Don't think I ever saw Virtuosity. I think I remember Ricochet. That was the Gene Simmons vehicle I believe.

LMAO...I just checked and Gene Simmons was in Runaway.

Anyway, I remember Denzel from St. Elsewhere. Along with Howie, Mark Harmon etc. I'll always remember the episode where Harmon (a ladies man) is having sex with some chick and she cuts him up and tells him she has AIDS.
    Virtuosity has a very early Russell Crowe appearance too, and he managed to get a song from his band in the movie

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    reminisce 4/10

This one was dumb as and catered towards simps

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    reminisce 4/10

This one was dumb as and catered towards simps
    Yeah I got bored halfway thru and just stopped.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Free Guy 6.5/10

It was like Lego Movie and wreck it Ralph but way less funny. Other than Reynolds, the actors were all mediocre. If they had had good comedy writers and actors it could have easily been a 9 or 10.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Candyman 8/10

A little short and the 3rd act felt rushed but overall I liked it.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Virtuosity has a very early Russell Crowe appearance too, and he managed to get a song from his band in the movie
    Has torpedo ty traci lords in it singing a song from her solo album too iirc

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Prime Video -Wonder Wheel- (2017) with James Belushi who is the spittin' image of John Goodman in this (looks/acting style) and Kate Winslet as a married couple and a couple losers at Coney Island after WWII.

Has an edge to it. Has the girl from -Year One- "Mia"/Juno Temple and she is outstanding here.

And that damn Timberlake fellow is in it as a central character! Didn't even recognize him, but he does an outstanding job. Didn't think he had it in him.

Standard plot of cheating and such. The denouement is the riveting moment, though it needed a visual on the Temple girl/"Caroline" at the last/PG-13 probably forbade such,,,dammit.

It's not an A lister by any means, but it's well serviceable.

Thread Information