Page 189 of 237 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,725 of 5906
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Candyman wasn't good or scary (outside of the body horror of the main character). If they wanted to make it about a past Candyman, they

should have done that. But no, it was about 50 Candymen and about a new Candyman, and the ending with the evil White cops, was lame.

tl;dr: gibberish plot and not scary.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Anybody got an opine on this damn -Killing of a Sacred Deer- with Kidman? I suffered thru this thing and need some clarification, some closure.

Please.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    The Bob Ross Doc on Netflix

I can't even rate it because the pissed me off so bad. Shame what happened to his legacy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

I can't even rate it because the pissed me off so bad. Shame what happened to his legacy.
    Yeah...that was total bull .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers

Would I like that [Doc,] TC? Would it get my dander up? I like a high dander. The higher///the better.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Would I like that [Doc,] TC? Would it get my dander up? I like a high dander. The higher///the better.
    It's one of those docs that you can only watch once. If dander is a code word for blood pressure, then yes. My blood pressure was sky high midway through it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    It's one of those docs that you can only watch once. If dander is a code word for blood pressure, then yes. My blood pressure was sky high midway through it.
    I've passed it a dozen times. I'll put it in (My List). Thanks.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Candyman wasn't good or scary (outside of the body horror of the main character). If they wanted to make it about a past Candyman, they

should have done that. But no, it was about 50 Candymen and about a new Candyman, and the ending with the evil White cops, was lame.

tl;dr: gibberish plot and not scary.
    Did not consider this one. Remakes = .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Anybody got an opine on this damn -Killing of a Sacred Deer- with Kidman? I suffered thru this thing and need some clarification, some closure.

Please.
    Didn't get it either, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Last Movie I saw was: The Suicide Squad.

I'd probably rate it a 7.5/10 as an entertainment film, nothing too deep that you need to rush out and see it. However, Margot Robie as Harley Quinn is always a fun watch. John Cena and Idris Alba's back and forth is decent. I'd say it's better than the one released in 2015. While DC is light years behind Marvel, it is on HBO Max and you can catch it from the sanc y of home.
    Sounds about right. It was fine, not incredible, though some people acting like its the greatest comic movie ever released.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Tomorrow war - fun 6/10 ; objectively 3/10

I heard pretty much only bad stuff about this film. I know people dont like it just cause of Chris Pratt and then there's people that dont like the story. After watching it, I can say Chris Pratt does not make this movie stupid, but the writing does. This is like a big mix of Starship Troopers, Battle LA, Edge of Tomorror, World war Z, etc. I can easily see this movie being made by Roland Emmerich in the 90's or early 00's. Unfortunately its in the range of Battle LA and not Starship troopers. The actors are all fine, even tho nothing special. Chris Pratt is pretty much a Brad Pitt character from WWZ. The side characters are also not interesting at all. We have a funny guy, thats not funny at all, then there's the serious guy that has nothing to live for and a father that was not there for his family in the past. These kind of characters can work, but here they just dont get enough time on screen. I think only Chris Prattt's future daughter did a good job, while everyone else was just there. Visual effects are fine, even tho for a 200M movie, it could look better. Music is forgettable and only some sound effect of the monsters are good. Speaking of the monsters, they look good, but cause of the CGI, i never have a feeling that they are there and it all looks very fake. Anyway, all of this stuff is actually fine, but whoever wrote this sucks. The idea of this kind of a film is actually interesting and it could work, but here it's just bad. Someone needs to say to the writers that if you fell from the sky into the wather, you're a dead man and here they fall into a ing pool and somehow survive, which makes no sense. Then there's the re ed infinite ammo guns that dont need reloading. Then there's decisions that make no sense, like why the would you let your lead scientist go on a very risky mission getting the main monster. Then there's the thing about the daugter and Chris Pratt, where she says he left his family in the future timeline, which makes no sense, as he is being portrayed as a great dad the whole time.... Anyway, there's a lot of stupid stuff. The movie is also pretty long and it could end like 20 min earlier, but they had to put the second ending in I guess.... All in all, this movie is stupid, but somehow it was fun, at least for me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Just got done with -Capone- (2020) on PrimeVideo. Don't waste your time, just a big ing mess. Wasted time.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Alien and Aliens - 9/10

I think the first one is a little better, but not by a lot. They are also somehow completely different films, as the first one is pretty much a horror and the second one is an action film. They both have great characters, even tho it kinda sucks they get rid of like half of them in Aliens in one scene. The music/score is also very good, especially in the first one, as you get that creepy feeling. The set designs, ships, aliens, music/score and effects all look amazing. Camera work is a little off in some parts, but they did have to hide the alien moving, especially in the first part. The sound is also a little off when the characters are speaking to eachother in the first one, but for a 70's movie thats not that bad. Anyway, compared to the newer movies in the franchise, these 2 are on a whole nother level.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Didn't get it either, tbh.
    He asks his son to jack it with him right, wasn't that the whole point

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    He asks his son to jack it with him right, wasn't that the whole point
    I don't remember that part, LB.

What I don't understand is how this teenager/the son of the man that died on the doctor's operating table did this to the doctor's family. I'd a blown his hair all over them basement walls if I'd a been that doctor.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    -Seeking a Friend for the End of the World- (2012) with Steve Carell and the Kinightley girl from -Atonement- which is a flawless motion picture event.

Nothing outstanding here but it does work in a 100 minutes. It does not drag. An asteroid will hit earth within 21 days. It will be an ELE/Extinction Level Event.

A lot of humor as the days wind down and the two principals find one another and fall in love.

The asteroid arrives a few days early.

Some fine (cameo's) primarily by William Petersen/at the first & Martin Sheen/at the last.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Reminiscence- besides the plot, the direction, the editing, the score and the cinematography, it was a great movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Alien and Aliens - 9/10

I think the first one is a little better, but not by a lot. They are also somehow completely different films, as the first one is pretty much a horror and the second one is an action film. They both have great characters, even tho it kinda sucks they get rid of like half of them in Aliens in one scene. The music/score is also very good, especially in the first one, as you get that creepy feeling. The set designs, ships, aliens, music/score and effects all look amazing. Camera work is a little off in some parts, but they did have to hide the alien moving, especially in the first part. The sound is also a little off when the characters are speaking to eachother in the first one, but for a 70's movie thats not that bad. Anyway, compared to the newer movies in the franchise, these 2 are on a whole nother level.
    Are you planning to watch Alien 3? It is a combination of the previous 2 films.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Are you planning to watch Alien 3? It is a combination of the previous 2 films.
    watched it not long ago and its clear that Fincher had problems with it. I think its pretty average. 4 is even worse and the newer ones are also pretty meh. Should have stopped at 2.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Alien and Aliens - 9/10

Very partial to (s) in particular the extended cut issue.

Cameron's careful consideration of the Marines first to last is a strong draw and anchor. Many are challenged, fail and then are painstakinly resurrected by Cameron, in particular Lt. Gorman who goes back for Vasquez so that she is not alone and so that 2-two-2 Marines are in that shaft, with a death grip on the grenade.

"Corporal Ferro" (pilot) of the rescue aircraft, who, when confronted with an alien immediately after liftoff does not cower, nor scream. No. Uh, uh. Goes immediately for her sidearm. Sometimes, most times, every time Dale ejects out of the Lazy Boy and stands for this sequence.

And of course the renewal of Paxton's "Private Hudson" who shamefully laments his "short" status after the initial ass kicking. He grabs the inevitable "jacks and timbers and starts back down"...and so is there and..."Scorned and covered with scars still strove with his last ounce of courage."

James Cameron

Is it a flawless motion picture event? No. The insistence of placing this "Newt" persistently prevents that special designation.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Quite Place 2 - It was good enough. Krasinski does a nice job of building tension. Especially when he switched back and forth between the three different stories during the climaxes of each of them.
    Also glad he kept it at an hour and a half.
    7/10.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Sound of Metal - great movie. I love the simplicity of the ending.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    -Edge of Tomorrow- (2014) showed up on the IFC cable channel this weekend. I figured what the hey as it had a 90% rating! All their is uncut, but has commercials. So, I put it on the DVR and FF thru the commercials.

Too busy, like a Chinese Fire Drill with mostly white people. Thus precluding any emotion throughout.

Don't waste your time. Unfortunately I did.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Shang Chi was entertaining. There weren't that many jump cuts during the action, so the choreography was much better than some other Marvel movies. Also, a character from the past makes a surprise (and hilarious) reappearance.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Pig with Nicolas Page
    1/10

Really blows.

Thread Information