Page 194 of 237 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204 ... LastLast
Results 4,826 to 4,850 of 5906
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Lol that movie looks so weak. M. Night is running on fumes but still getting paid

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Finally finished The many saints of newark 7/10

I maintain my stance that it should of been split into two movies.Too rushed. Im a mega sopranos fan(seen the series multiple times) so I probably had unrealistically high expectations. The movie overall was pretty good

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Lol that movie looks so weak. M. Night is running on fumes but still getting paid
    Yea man it was terrible.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah...I guess he's pigeonholed himself as the guy that has to have a twist. I haven't seen Old yet.
    But he had a good run.
    Sixth Sense
    Unbreakable
    Signs
    The Village

Even Lady in the Water and The Happening were OK to me.
    The Visit was decent as well.

I know everyone doesn't agree with the above but I enjoyed all of those to some degree.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Villeneuve was really the only person I could think could pull Dune off. I think Dune and Blade Runner: 2049 are going to be better appreciated over time because of the ambition of both movies and just how well both visions are fleshed out. Neither is going to be a general audience smash; they are complex world building exercises that demand and reward the viewer's attention as long as you buy into the mythos. I'm interested to see the two critical characters of Feyd and Alia in part 2. I'm a little surprised the former didn't make an appearance in part 1.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Yeah...I guess he's pigeonholed himself as the guy that has to have a twist. I haven't seen Old yet.
    But he had a good run.
    Sixth Sense
    Unbreakable
    Signs
    The Village

Even Lady in the Water and The Happening were OK to me.
    The Visit was decent as well.

I know everyone doesn't agree with the above but I enjoyed all of those to some degree.
    Don't forget split. He has some good ideas but is terrible at executing.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Villeneuve was really the only person I could think could pull Dune off. I think Dune and Blade Runner: 2049 are going to be better appreciated over time because of the ambition of both movies and just how well both visions are fleshed out. Neither is going to be a general audience smash; they are complex world building exercises that demand and reward the viewer's attention as long as you buy into the mythos. I'm interested to see the two critical characters of Feyd and Alia in part 2. I'm a little surprised the former didn't make an appearance in part 1.
    They flipped a lot of stuff around, which I didn't have a huge problem with. It was decent, which is the best that can be hoped for, but the subject matter is 80% internal dialogue, which he seemed to replace with a lot of moaning in desert scenes. We shall see how the second is.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    -The Gift- (2015) with Jason Bateman & Joel Edgerton as the omnipresent "Gordo" who has a 25 year prior relationship with Bateman's character. I watched half of this some years back and didn't finish it for some damn reason. Sat down for it over this weekend.

Anytime you can get Bateman in front of a camera is a good time. Here is no exception. Needs repeat viewings to gather it all in, but it's all there including the decided denouement.

Rebecca Hall plays Bateman's wife (she's wary of her husband right from the beginning as they walk thru their new house purchase) and she's alright, but this film belongs to the two leads and it's one body blow after another right thru the closing portal.

Bateman always gives us what we want and never grudges it.
    Last edited by Thread; 11-02-2021 at 06:49 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    New Mexico Lobos
    Don't forget split. He has some good ideas but is terrible at executing.
    Yeah, that trilogy with Glass had the potential to be epic, but in the end spiraled down to an anti-climatic snoozing disappointment, just like all of M. Night’s work.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Not following through would be the most epic failure I could think of. Orders of magnitude above the Bakshi Lord of the Rings debacle.
    that was an epic fail. thank goodness peter jackson was able to make us forget all about that debacle (which i believe ended at the battle of helm's deep)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    "Red Notice" on Netflix.

6.8/10

This movie should have been way more fun than it was. Reynolds was pretty good but the Rock looked like he was going through the motions and nearly sleep walking thru the flick. Gal was awful. You knew there was going to be a twist at the end, just have to guess what it is.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I saw House of Gucci yesterday. Loved it! It’s soapy, campy and real sparkly, everything I like in a movie. I don’t know any Lady Gaga songs and I didn’t see the last movie she was in, so besides the inauguration, this was the first time I’ve ever paid attention to her and I thought she was perfect. I’m hearing lots of criticism of her acting and accent but she hit the outrageousness of the character spot on. And Jared Leto—-pushed it right over the top. I’m sure there are more than a few aging overweight, balding actors who could have played the part but Leto totally got it done. And I have absolutely no criticisms of Adam Driver, Al Pacino, Salma Hayek and Jeremy Irons, they all held their own as I would expect. The only thing I was puzzled about was the time setting. It all took place in the 90’s but visually it looked like 70s to 80s (possibly because everything in Europe looks old?) and because of the Donna Summer soundtrack. I never even noticed how long the movie was until it was over. And now on this cold rainy weekend I will stay in, drink tea and do my absolute favorite thing after a good movie—read everything I can find on ALL the subjects portrayed and how it all really went down. 9/10

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I saw House of Gucci yesterday. Loved it! It’s soapy, campy and real sparkly, everything I like in a movie. I don’t know any Lady Gaga songs and I didn’t see the last movie she was in, so besides the inauguration, this was the first time I’ve ever paid attention to her and I thought she was perfect. I’m hearing lots of criticism of her acting and accent but she hit the outrageousness of the character spot on. And Jared Leto—-pushed it right over the top. I’m sure there are more than a few aging overweight, balding actors who could have played the part but Leto totally got it done. And I have absolutely no criticisms of Adam Driver, Al Pacino, Salma Hayek and Jeremy Irons, they all held their own as I would expect. The only thing I was puzzled about was the time setting. It all took place in the 90’s but visually it looked like 70s to 80s (possibly because everything in Europe looks old?) and because of the Donna Summer soundtrack. I never even noticed how long the movie was until it was over. And now on this cold rainy weekend I will stay in, drink tea and do my absolute favorite thing after a good movie—read everything I can find on ALL the subjects portrayed and how it all really went down. 9/10
    Thanks. Gaga and the rest of the cast seem like they would work for a campy/soapy story. I couldn't make it through A Star Is Born because I thought she was dreadful in that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Watched Ghost Busters Afterlife this weekend. Dope movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Ghost Busters Afterlife: 2 out of 5 stars

Nothing but a giant easter egg hunt for fanboys. Not funny. Not scary. Not suspenseful. Not worth watching.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    The Beatles: Get Back
    7/10

Unless you’re a diehard Beatles junkie, there’s going to be some pretty boring stretches mixed with brilliance.

I actually think this doc is great to put on in the background while doing other things. It’s just an absolute delight to have the Beatles screwing around and jamming in your house.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Ghost Busters Afterlife: 2 out of 5 stars

Nothing but a giant easter egg hunt for fanboys. Not funny. Not scary. Not suspenseful. Not worth watching.
    were you expecting a ghost busters film to be scary?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Watched -Devil- again over the weekend. From 2010.

In & out in 82 minutes including credits.

It-is-fine.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    The Beatles: Get Back
    7/10

Unless you’re a diehard Beatles junkie, there’s going to be some pretty boring stretches mixed with brilliance.

I actually think this doc is great to put on in the background while doing other things. It’s just an absolute delight to have the Beatles screwing around and jamming in your house.
    It's a 10/10 for me. That's probably the best fly-on-the-wall thing I've ever experienced. It humanized them in a way I've never seen before. But I agree it's for diehards.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    that was an epic fail. thank goodness peter jackson was able to make us forget all about that debacle (which i believe ended at the battle of helm's deep)
    Thank goodness I didn't live through it and my childhood was centered around the Peter Jackson version. I only had to hear my mom and grandmother complain about the animated Bakshi version a few dozen times

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Home Sweet Home Alone 2/5

That fat glasses boy is british!!!!! need i say more!!
    Super weird seeing the adorable Kimmy Schmidt play Joe Pesci in this one, that was distracting. The Buzz McAllister cameos saved this movie tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Home Sweet Home Alone 2/5

That fat glasses boy is british!!!!! need i say more!!
    You could have stopped at Home Sweet Home Alone, tbh.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Midnight Mass - 6/10

i think Mike Flanagan is one of the best directors/creators right now and if you love long monologues, you will probably love this. For me tho, it was just too slow and i didnt really care for any of the characters, even tho most of them do give a good performance. There is a person thats pretty easy to hate and she does a great job. The last episode is pretty re ed... I'd still recommend it if you like mystery/fantasy drama. Bly Manor and Hill house were just better in my opinion.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The Last Duel - 6/10

so after Gladiator, Kingdom of Heaven and Exodus, Ridley Scott once again tries to make a historic classic. Well, this one is not as good as Gladiator or KoH, but it for sure is better than Exodus. I will say everything in this movie looks very good, from the locations, castles, interior design to costumes. Its also shot pretty well. Best part of the film is the last duel, which is one of the best 1vs1 fights I saw in years. We can also finally see why armor is useful in a knight fight. Now for the problems i had. The film comes in 3 chapters. All 3 are pretty much the same and lots of scenes are reused or just shown from a different angle, with little differences from other 2 chapters. So that makes the movie at least 30 min longer than it should/needed be, but i guess Scott had to make this over 2h long. Matt Damon and Ben Affleck are also pretty meh. I just couldnt buy them as these historic figures. Id have rather go with some European actors. Adam Driver does try acting like a 14th century knight, but sometimes it looks like he's trying too hard. So the only part that was acted really well for me is from Jodie Comer, while everyone else is fine at best. All in all, pretty good and it showed me Scott can still make a good movie. I also had no idea what this movie was or is about, so whoever marketed this should be fired, as i didnt hear anything about this until like last week.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City - 3/10

just stick to the ing games you stupid s.

Thread Information