Page 2 of 236 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Not Just a Game: 8/10. I loved the part when they nailed Michael Jordan to the tree of woe, contrasting his selling-out with Muhammed Ali and his refusal to shut up.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Watched The Departed again. Plot holes and other problems bigger the second time around.

7/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Which plot holes are you referring to?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I guess it's technically a tv mini series but I recently watched Lonesome Dove for the first time. I give it 9/10.

The acting was top-notch, and the story and dialogue stayed remarkably close to the book. For such a monster of a story, it paced very well on screen too.

I deducted one point for the following:

-Occasional 80's cheesiness like freeze-frames to end each episode
    -Although sufficiently developed for film, the characters lacked some of the trademark depth that you find in McMurtry novels
    -Blue Duck was played by a damn guero

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Cedar Creek - 8/10

Pretty damn hilarious.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Manu > Movies

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Sunshine 9/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Which plot holes are you referring to?
    [Probable spoiler alert]

Costigan's extremely reckless arrest attempt after years of painstakingly careful undercover work, plus the fact he is sitting on a mountain of evidence he has already copied and merely needs to courier to a DA.

Dignam's completely unexplained emo disappearance after everything goes to , just when his undercovers (there couldn't only be one in the whole city, right?), which only he knows about and literally fought to protect, need him most. Sure, he was put on leave, but is a paid vacation really supposed to stop this guy?

Madolyn's absolute inaction at the end of the film when she is sitting on part of the mountain of evidence that was hand delivered to her. All she could do was give a glare that apparently implied an abortion of a child who might not even belong to the recipient of said stare.

And who the knew anything about Delahunt before the press release?
    Last edited by ChumpDumper; 02-17-2011 at 04:50 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Going to see Hall Pass next week, looks pretty funny.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    John Woo's The Killer - 8,2/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Enter The Void

Best way to describe this film, a visual masterpiece with a weak plot. My main complaint would be that the film is way to ing long. other then that it really is a visual orgasm. It's on netflix if anyone wants to check it out.

7.5/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Focker series are pretty funny tbh.
    I thought Meet the Parents was great. In fact, the more I watch it, the funnier it gets.

The 2nd one sucked ass. Streisand and Hoffman were totally miscast and the film was a pile of crap.

The 3rd one is an obvious money grab and nothing about the previews or any reviews I've read would suggest otherwise.

And your lame attempt about my wife running over me is cute, but you really look like a idiot and a complete fool for trying to rag on a married couples relationship imho, fwiw.
    I'm just poking fun because you said your wife would run over someone with a car if they drink a Pepsi in front of her....not to mention that you have left a restaurant before because they served Pepsi instead of Coke.

Your relationship is probaby great. Kudos to you guys.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    [Probable spoiler alert]

Costigan's extremely reckless arrest attempt after years of painstakingly careful undercover work, plus the fact he is sitting on a mountain of evidence he has already copied and merely needs to courier to a DA.

Dignam's completely unexplained emo disappearance after everything goes to , just when his undercovers (there couldn't only be one in the whole city, right?), which only he knows about and literally fought to protect, need him most. Sure, he was put on leave, but is a paid vacation really supposed to stop this guy?

Madolyn's absolute inaction at the end of the film when she is sitting on part of the mountain of evidence that was hand delivered to her. All she could do was give a glare that apparently implied an abortion of a child who might not even belong to the recipient of said stare.

And who the knew anything about Delahunt before the press release?
    I think it is possible that Madolyn gave the evidence to Dignam, although that would just beg the question of why Costigan didn't just go straight to Dignam in the first place.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    I think it is possible that Madolyn gave the evidence to Dignam, although that would just beg the question of why Costigan didn't just go straight to Dignam in the first place.
    I'd say probably because he wanted the satisfaction of taking down Sullivan himself. On top of that, there was a whole lot of the movie dedicated to the fact that Costigan and Dignam weren't BFF. " you, mother er!" and such.

And I think ChumpDumper is mistaking plot holes with his lack of understanding a character's motivation. On top of that, I don't see how it could have been any clearer that Madolyn gave Dignam the information. Did a scene of her giving it to him have to be shown?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Enter The Void

Best way to describe this film, a visual masterpiece with a weak plot. My main complaint would be that the film is way to ing long. other then that it really is a visual orgasm. It's on netflix if anyone wants to check it out.

7.5/10
    after the first 10-15 minutes, boredom kicks in for a good 2 1/2 more hrs.

4/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Dignam left and then basically immediately after that Sullivan turned on Costello and the final showdown happened. Did the story being told demand an explanation as to why Dignam wasn't around on a raid being organized by somebody he hates? I really don't see any sort of "emo disappearance" at all.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Last watched at Cinemas: Black Swan 8/10
    Last watched on dvd: Boogie Nights 7/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Watched Crazy Heart for the first time last night. 7.1

Name
    noneya beezwax
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    DNF.

I was prepared to like Machete but ended up hating it.

Maybe watching it again will help me master the annoyance and disappointment I felt the first time, long enough to evaluate its strengths. Its weaknesses (characters, story, performance) are fairly plain, I think.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Columbia Lions
    I saw Scott Pilgrim for the first time recently too, I was quite surprised that it was pretty good.

7.5/10 IMO.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Dignam left and then basically immediately after that Sullivan turned on Costello and the final showdown happened. Did the story being told demand an explanation as to why Dignam wasn't around on a raid being organized by somebody he hates? I really don't see any sort of "emo disappearance" at all.
    I didn't expect you to see it tbh; there was a fair amount of time between the raid and Costigan's attempted arrest (he had to get the evidence from the lawyer, evaluate and copy it). But Madolyn's untold actions almost make sense (long after it would have mattered to her patient/love interest/honest cop) -- maybe I missed a cue somewhere, but it's not like Scorsese was being overly subtle in that movie. Costigan's stupidity doesn't make any sense, but I can see why you would identify with stupid character decisions.

Delahunt makes some sense now after seeing that scene once more, though -- except that nothing ever came of what he knew after being there longer than Costigan.

I'm sure I rated it too low; there are some great performances in it.
    Last edited by ChumpDumper; 02-17-2011 at 06:53 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    That Hamilton Woman 8.5/10
    Outsourced 6/10
    The Importance of Being Earnest 6/10
    Young Sherlock Holmes 7.5/10
    Smokey and the Bandit 8/10
    Chariots of Fire 7/10
    Howard's End 7/10

silverblk mystix
    The Girl Who Played with Fire... 8/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Girl Who Played with Fire... 8/10
    I'm reading the ... Dragon Tattoo book now. After I read all 3 books, I'll try out the movies.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Re-watched Batman Begins

1st time I watched, I gave it a 7.5/10

Now it's a solid 9/10

Thread Information