Page 200 of 237 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210 ... LastLast
Results 4,976 to 5,000 of 5906
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Cinemax & HBO/HBO Max are currently having a free weekend of programming March 10-14th.

Name
    Dick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Free Guy - one of the most shameless soul-sucking money grabs I’ve ever seen. Ryan Reynolds’ bit is getting extremely stale. I generally think Taika Wai i is funny, but my goodness that was the most phoned-in “I’m just here to count my money” performances in recent memory. The only positive is that this is the second movie of 2021 where the Chris Evans cameo is the best part of the movie.

1/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Went back thru -Malice- from '93 with Kidman and Alec Baldwin, also Bill Pullman as the dupe. Baldwin at absolute zenith, near beautiful. Kidman is adequate. Pullman plays the fool splendidly. Good movie, easily taken repeatedly.

Now working my way back thru -Death Wish- '74. Within the first 15 minutes; they're on the beach in Hawaii, fly back, taxi thru NYC in heavy traffic, hit the sack, he's at work, she and their daughter visit the supermarket, where the 3 thugs are rampaging, they track the women, rape both, daughter is pissed on, beat both, mom is kicked to death, Bronson & son in-law show at the hospital and Paul Kersey is abruptly informed that his wife is dead...In fifteen minutes! & it works.

Film. American film.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The Adam Project (Netflix) : 8/10

Good popcorn movie, good chemistry between Reynolds and that kid too

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The Wailing - 8/10

One of the best horror, mystery movies i ever saw. Im not surprised, cause most Korean stuff I watched was pretty damn good. Theres not much to say about the movie, other than its very open for interpretation to the viewer and it keeps u interested until the end and even after it. Highly recommended and so far the best thing i saw this year, and its not even close.

I also saw the zombie series All of us are dead, which is also Korean. I thought it was ok, but nothing special. Still think Kingdom is the best recent zombie series out there. So i'd say id gave this a 6/10, but its closer to a 5 then a 7.

oh, right, also saw the Fifth Elment for like the 5th time yesterday before i went to sleep, and i guess thats like a 7/10. Perhaps even an 8, but i guess i already saw it too many times, so the score is kinda going down with time.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Break Even (2020) : 2/10

Moderately well done action movie... ruined by a bum ending. Waste of a good two hours.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    The Only Living Boy In New York (2017) : 5/10

A largely A-list cast but the movie itself was mundane and lacking in plot, ending was milquetoast.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    The Chosen (1981) : 6/10

A cute old-timer movie based on a book I'd read back in middle school about Jewish teenage boys in New York. The plot is largely boring and not full of humor, but it's an interesting historical movie and to think what the Jews had to be going through back in the 1940s in America and the divided line amongst Jews between the pro-Israel Zionists and the minority group of Jews against the proposition of a sovereign Israel.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I may have mentioned this film some years back but I'm not sure, so, I'll lodge it now since I caught it again this afternoon on TUBI.

-Aftermath- from 2013. It is Chris Penn's final film and it's lightening struck start to finish. Concerns an ex-con/Penn working a construction job that goes sour for him and the (aftermath) of his termination. Anthony Michael Hall is his boss. He's nails too as is the entire cast. The dedication of this varied cast to make it something special is indicative thru each frame, each (chapter).

It's Penn's final moment, he's turned loose and he's on ing fire.

The filming technique is a bit haywire, but it works just fine.

Film. American film.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The Batman - 5 or a 6/10

I watched it for the second time with my friend and i am not sure if i liked it more or less than the first time. I gotta say the film does look really well shot and I dont even mind some of the slow shots, so for all i care it could been even longer. The acting was also pretty good. I knew Pattinson would be fine, cause he is a pretty damn good actor. I also loved to see how Batman does not take his mask off every 5 seconds, as the heroes in the MCU, which goes on my nerves, especially with Spiderboy. Anyway, everyone was fine and i dont have any complaints about the acting. Now where I do have complaints is the story, which i think is god damn awful. The whole Riddler's plan is kinda re ed and I did not really care for this ''Zodiac'' version of him. I also have no idea why he would wanna kill Bruce. Just cause he thought his father was corrupt? That has nothing to do with the kid, so yea, just stupid. I also did not like Batman pretty much working with the Police. I am fine if he's with Gordon, but not going into crime scenes where everyone is there. The Police should also blacklist him once he punched Gordon and caused a pretty big mess on the freeway with the Penguin. But, i guess no one cared. Just as no one cared to arrest Penguin, even tho Gordon witnessed him doing stuff that would get him in jail and especially the free way accident, where there were at least some people killed. Well, perhaps no one was actually killed, cause even Batman should have been dead at least twice. ing took an explosion to the face like a champ. Also, why the not take his mask off. Its clear as day not everyone in the police likes him. I also do not like this Batman that runs, i mean walks, right into bullets. I thought he would be sneaky, but nope, he just goes at you like ing Iron Man and is lucky no one points the gun up a little, cause that leather mask aint protecthing . Also for being a detective, he's pretty , as even the Penguin has to solve his spanish puzzle. And that pictures that were taken of the club, why not go look at the place from where the pictures were taken? Also, all this high profile people acting like re s and hanging out in a mafia club, sharing their secrets with s they are ing. Holy , how stupid is everyone here. Its also very convenient that Batman is at the Penguins office right when Selina gets in there, so that they can further the plot. There's actually some more scenes where Batman is at the right place at the right time.... Anyway, there's more problems I have, but I dont have the will to write... Even after all of my ing, I'd still say go and watch it.

Oh yea, and why the have the Joker there. Just make a movie without him... And that deleted scene with him... Ugh... its like they wanna make an even worse version than the Jared Leto one. If you have him, just give the guy a normal ing face, its not that hard to do.
    Last edited by Texas_Ranger; 03-29-2022 at 06:43 AM.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Is watching horror movies on Xanax a good idea?

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    There's actually some more scenes where Batman is at the right place at the right time.
    So you didn’t like that Batman was…………being Batman?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    So you didn’t like that Batman was…………being Batman?
    i just think that with some little tweaks it would be better.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Licorice Pizza - 7/10

Better than I thought. Not as slow as some of PTA's other recent work, laugh out loud funny at times. Still weird to center a 2021 film around a romance between a 25 year old and a 15 year old though.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Good Will Hunting - 7/10 - actually got around to seeing it. Like the relics of 1997 like the old computers, mailboxes and the like. Like, don't even bother emailing me... just leave me a voicemail and I'll get back to you when I get around to it.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    The Wedding Trip (2021) : 7/10

Kind of corny in some places, some dumb bathroom humor, but overall a cute plot and adorable ending and multiple epilogues.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    The Batman- 6.5/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I watched most of the John Woo's Hong Kong's classics, so, A better Tomorrow 1 & 2, The Killer and Hard Boiled. I guess as a whole they are a 7/10, while I had most fun watching Hard Boiled, which is just insane. I'll watch Bullet in the head later and i hope it's still as good as i remember.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    The film is serviceable, but the opening is sheer perfection.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Death on the Nile: 4/10 so far because two thirds of the way thru because I fell asleep.

Boring, underwhelming low budget looking flick. Kenneth Branaugh keeps it from being a 2/10.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Came thru a cable channel this week so I took another view...never figured he'd be the 1 to deliver a cathartic effect like this a half-century on...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Everything Everywhere All At Once: 7/10. Got bored of the concept too quickly. It felt like the ending went on forever.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Everything Everywhere All At Once: 7/10. Got bored of the concept too quickly. It felt like the ending went on forever.
    Gonna check this out tonight. I'm trying not to over expect this movie being the best thing ever but these reviews coming in tho...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Northman - 8.5/10

Brutal and beautiful.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    10729295[/URL]]The Northman - 8.5/10

Brutal and beautiful.
    oh no you di’unt

Thread Information