Page 211 of 238 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,275 of 5943
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Emily the Criminal 6/10

Of course you've got to suspend reality a bit when watching a crime drama.
    After her 2nd criminal assignment, in which she almost gets killed and is really quite lucky to have not been seriously roughed up or killed.....for her to accept only 2 grand for the job (stole a luxury car) and put up with the ass s that sent her was too far a bridge. Ya the movie continues on and one of the 2 s actually starts *helping* her.

Ending is good in the sense that finally someone who gets a good chunk of loot illicitly goes abroad and lives a fat life on the lam. That's what always kills me about the Sopranos, etc. Once you reach X level of cash, why not GTFO and go to some foreign land and live the life.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Emily the Criminal 6/10

Of course you've got to suspend reality a bit when watching a crime drama.
    After her 2nd criminal assignment, in which she almost gets killed and is really quite lucky to have not been seriously roughed up or killed.....for her to accept only 2 grand for the job (stole a luxury car) and put up with the ass s that sent her was too far a bridge. Ya the movie continues on and one of the 2 s actually starts *helping* her.

Ending is good in the sense that finally someone who gets a good chunk of loot illicitly goes abroad and lives a fat life on the lam. That's what always kills me about the Sopranos, etc. Once you reach X level of cash, why not GTFO and go to some foreign land and live the life.
    As to the Sopranos, you can't just "get out". At least that's what all the other movies tell us.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    As to the Sopranos, you can't just "get out". At least that's what all the other movies tell us.
    But you can.
    All this about how 'they will find you and they will kill you' Ha!
    Follow the story about the real life Tony Soprano that the show was based upon. ing ratted out the entire family, their mothers and anyone else he could think of. Got some sweetheart witness protection gig. Now check this, he buys a strip club in Dallas area and goes there on the regular! How the F did not someone from the Italian mafia not take him out. Was supposedly known to all where he lived, that being some gated community. Pssssh those are so easy to breach.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Last edited by MultiTroll; 12-08-2022 at 11:00 AM.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Guardians Of The Galaxy Holiday Special: 3/10

Batista was the only funny person in this one. Thankfully it was only around 45 minutes long.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Brosnan was perfect in the role. I thought Hodge was terrific as Hawkman. They should have spent 15-20 minutes on their background together coming in. Especially with those two lackey heroes they brought along for a few goof ball scenes.

I thought the movie had potential to easily be a 7 or 8, especially with a $200 million budget
    Yeah, they made the mistake of making the supporting characters more compelling than the main one -- especially with all the unreliable narration. There are apparently several deleted JSA scenes because they were taking focus away from Black Adam and Johnson. It would be nice to see the characters again; they better act quick with Brosnan.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Has anyone checked out the new Jack Scrotum film? I'm hearing a lot about it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Spoilers

Don't Worry Darling HBO 2022
    6/10

Matrix / Inception combo

Only caught the last 45 minutes, but apparently that is plenty to get the story.

Props for super realistic looking 1950s sets.

Ending is like WTF did she make it out or not?

Don’t Worry Darling's Original Ending Was Better Than What We Got (screenrant.com)
    Last edited by MultiTroll; 12-10-2022 at 11:08 PM.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Has anyone checked out the new Jack Scrotum film? I'm hearing a lot about it.
    You mean the Jack Russell scrotum? The guy who makes the canine movies concerning infections?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Emancipation- 3/10. I thought it’d be therapeutic to watch Will Smith get lashed, but the writing is terrible. It tries so hard to tug on your emotions that by the end you don’t give a what happens. The film turns into a laughably bad black Braveheart at the end.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Smile 5/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Guardians Of The Galaxy Holiday Special: 3/10

Batista was the only funny person in this one. Thankfully it was only around 45 minutes long.
    Haven't watched it yet but surprised Batista is the only funny one

Drax is usually super unfunny

Name
    Dick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Haven't watched it yet but surprised Batista is the only funny one

Drax is usually super unfunny
    Drax was really funny in the first one where Bautista is playing him serious the entire time and the writers gave him ridiculous lines to say. Volume 2 and the Avengers movies where Bautista is playing him super goofy, it gave him the opposite effect and he was really unfunny and lame.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Spoilers

Don't Worry Darling HBO 2022
    6/10

Matrix / Inception combo

Only caught the last 45 minutes, but apparently that is plenty to get the story.

Props for super realistic looking 1950s sets.

Ending is like WTF did she make it out or not?

Don’t Worry Darling's Original Ending Was Better Than What We Got (screenrant.com)
    Palm Springs is like a mid-century modern time capsule. They don't deserve that much props for what is already there.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Palm Springs is like a mid-century modern time capsule. They don't deserve that much props for what is already there.
    I was gonna say that looks like an existing setting.
    As to inside, wonder if the studio just paid a couple geezers off to vacate for a month and didn't have to spend much on interior decorating.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Sweet Home Carolina - 5/10

Not as good as the Sweet Home Alabama movie.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Saw Devotion the other day and thought it was a very solid 8/10, loved the flying scenes. Trying to watch A Christmas Story Christmas right now and so far seeing Ralphie grow up to be a up isn't very fun like the original was though.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Saw Devotion the other day and thought it was a very solid 8/10, loved the flying scenes. Trying to watch A Christmas Story Christmas right now and so far seeing Ralphie grow up to be a up isn't very fun like the original was though.
    Wait, there was a sequel? Who are the cast and directors/producers compared to the original, though?

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Wait, there was a sequel? Who are the cast and directors/producers compared to the original, though?
    They recast Ralphie with Chaz Bono, more SJW casting smh

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I think it's the same Ralphie. It actually got a bit better in the end after being horrible the first 30 minutes or so. Still not great though and only watched to the end for nostalgia.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    They recast Ralphie with Chaz Bono, more SJW casting smh
    Seriously? That's stupid if true

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I think it's the same Ralphie. It actually got a bit better in the end after being horrible the first 30 minutes or so. Still not great though and only watched to the end for nostalgia.
    Peter Billingsley? Because the guy above you told me it was Chaz Bono.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Peter Billingsley? Because the guy above you told me it was Chaz Bono.
    Yeah it’s def Chaz Bono

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Definitely a nostalgia trip more than a good movie.

Casting all of the same child actors from the original was the right thing to do for the nostalgia, but definitely handicapped the quality in terms of acting. Hard to really care much about that though. I'd watch it again.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Yeah it’s def Chaz Bono
    So much virtue signalling in that movie, tbh. The Scut Farkas and Randy wedding, having Ms. Shields show up in class as Mr. Shields, the whole family organizing a climactic Black Lives Matter march in Hohman... Just too much.

Thread Information