Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Wheelman on Netflix.

I have always thought Frank Grillo would be great at a role like this. He's typically the side character in a lot of really good movies but as the front man in this one he is nails. I enjoyed it a lot. The dialogue and atmosphere all came together perfectly.

7.5/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lady Ballers - 6/10

Watched it the other night on Kodi and well it's not the worst movie, got a couple chuckles out of me, and felt nostalgic as if it was trying to emulate early 2000 comedies. It was a valiant attempt but too long winded with the woke garbage explanations. Beats the out of Juwanna Mann even though that movie was ahead of its time.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Bye Bye Barry was a great watch. Growing up in that era, I knew almost nothing about the guy. Watching him punk that got reporter who tried to call him shy was great

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Lady Ballers - 6/10

Watched it the other night on Kodi and well it's not the worst movie, got a couple chuckles out of me, and felt nostalgic as if it was trying to emulate early 2000 comedies. It was a valiant attempt but too long winded with the woke garbage explanations. Beats the out of Juwanna Mann even though that movie was ahead of its time.
    Absolutely nobody is surprised that the only time you come here to do a review is on two movies you watched about dudes crossdressing.

It's almost a lock every time that the angrier someone is about gays and trans....

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Leave The World Behind (Netflix)

6/10.

This is one of Sam Esmail's works (Mr. Robot). It was great all the way through, but I absolutely hated the ending. Otherwise, it would have been 9/10.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Leave The World Behind (Netflix)

6/10.

This is one of Sam Esmail's works (Mr. Robot). It was great all the way through, but I absolutely hated the ending. Otherwise, it would have been 9/10.
    6/10 for me too. Lots of buildup throughout the movie including the suspenseful music that ended up firing blanks. Yeah the ending really sucked. Good acting and good idea tho this will be an easily forgettable movie.
    Last edited by Blake; 12-13-2023 at 05:24 PM.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Personally I love ambiguous endings. Thank goodness Sam Esmail didn’t take the Knock At The Cabin route and put a really terrible, corny, hamfisted bow on things.

The whole point of the movie was in that ending.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    I guess. The final act just seemed rushed. One minute, they’re screaming at deer and the son is taking pills so more teeth don’t fall out. Then a 30 second big “reveal” about the grand plan of the fall of civilization…. Then the daughter is at the bunker watching Friends and the credits roll. I don’t need a cliche ending to be satisfied, but that ending wasn’t it either.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    -Bad Call-

A short film.
    23 minutes.
    (2009)

A boyish Iraq war veteran has returned home to his beautiful wife who seems, on the surface to have grown weary of him. But, not all is as it appears in this quick study of PTSD. There is nary a waking moment when this young soldier isn't processing his combat experiences. She is drifting away from him yet prompts him to take his medications which he has been avoiding. She is going out for the evening with a girlfriend to a costume party-on a yacht-dressed as an angel---with wings, both girls in fact have donned these wings. This is important. He has been invited, but, has declined and this declination seems to be a crux for the young woman. Watch for it.

One must view this several times to glean what is being said, by whom, and what it means. It's there, in rapid snippets of film & sound. The kid only gets one chance to view it, hear it and then act upon what he has heard and what he is to see. By then, he has glued his eyes shut, pried open one with pliers and ordered a taxi for the drive on out to the party. He is a soldier one last time. The transition is stunning.

I'll keep it on the shelf for quick viewings. It's worth it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I located one of my all time favorite movies last night on [Prime] and purchased it.

-A Ring by Spring-

From Hallmark in 2014.

Stars Rachel Boston/"Caryn" as a 30-year-old-woman struggling mightily to figure out her intentions at marriage.
    She's a business consultant and finds a mutual attraction (she fights it hammer & tong) with the owner of the business she's consulting, ably played by the late Kirby Morrow/"Tom." The crux is provided by Powers, Stefanie. Any time you can get Powers in front a camera is a great time. Here she has scant screen time, but it's vitally important to the girl and the plot. At the first Powers, as a Gypsy fortune teller predicts:
    "You will receive a ring by spring, or, you will never marry."

90 minutes later, and the arrival of Spring Day she pantomimes "Tommy" as the soundtrack completes to freeze frame.
    I love it so.

*Kirby Morrow died of a drug overdose 6 years later.

"His brother, Casey Morrow, said Kirby suffered so much in silence, keeping his dark thoughts to himself. Over the last several months, his depression worsened."

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Caught a hanger early this morning.

-Hemingway's Garden of Eden-

About a WWI., returning veteran/writer who tours Europe with his rich wife and her Italian girlfriend. Now the wife/blonde is precocious, though not beautiful---it's a might disconcerting, but you'll get used to it. Her girlfriend/raven haired is scorching hot and somehow gets hotter as this film progresses. The production is highfalutin, the movie is complete. The sex scenes are tastefully brazen. Gonna watch it again this evening.

It's on [Prime] and included with standard registration.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Absentia (2011) - 6/10
    Oculus (2013) - 9.5/10

Decided to catch up on Mike Flanagan movies since I really like his Netflix series. Absentia is a good low budget flick and worth watching, but Oculus is going to stay with me for a while.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Absentia (2011) - 6/10
    Oculus (2013) - 9.5/10

Decided to catch up on Mike Flanagan movies since I really like his Netflix series. Absentia is a good low budget flick and worth watching, but Oculus is going to stay with me for a while.
    Both on Netflix?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    The Boy And The Heron - 8/10

In a year with movies from Scorsese, Ridley Scott, Michael Mann, Fincher, etc, it’s nice to see one from the greatest living filmmaker as well.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers

In a year with movies from Scorsese, Ridley Scott, Michael Mann, Fincher, etc, it’s nice to see one from the greatest living filmmaker as well.
    You can't be trusted to rate a movie fairly & squarely. Everything you watch is damn near 10. Shape up, GD it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    You can't be trusted to rate a movie fairly & squarely. Everything you watch is damn near 10. Shape up, GD it.
    I just very rarely post a review of a movie I find mediocre. There’s plenty of garbage out there (especially now), but unless it’s something I really enjoy or really hate, I don’t really have the desire to talk about it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Wheelman on Netflix.

I have always thought Frank Grillo would be great at a role like this. He's typically the side character in a lot of really good movies but as the front man in this one he is nails. I enjoyed it a lot. The dialogue and atmosphere all came together perfectly.

7.5/10
    He was light on delivery, bene.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I just very rarely post a review of a movie I find mediocre. There’s plenty of garbage out there (especially now), but unless it’s something I really enjoy or really hate, I don’t really have the desire to talk about it.
    Apology accepted.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers

Oh, for heavens sakes, it's a damn cartoon, mono!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Oh, for heavens sakes, it's a damn cartoon, mono!
    Miyazaki doesn’t make cartoons.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Apology accepted.
    Will you accept me pulling the stick out of your ass too?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

God damn, I forgot about this. Gotta go see this before they stop showing the subbed version.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Will you accept me pulling the stick out of your ass too?
    The old Mono.

Every time I want to throw NBA in your face I'm confronted by that Polack leaving Sacramento and getting straightened out in Texas. SOB!

I was just thinking about it earlier today.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

God damn, I forgot about this. Gotta go see this before they stop showing the subbed version.
    Just read the plot.
    Is this like a soap opera on mushrooms?

Or just the style of the writer, heavy symbolism?

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Found my password

I saw Wonka yesterday. I read reviews prior but still had hope because I love Chalamet. But with not much to work with he just couldn’t carry it on his own. I expected big dazzling musical numbers but all the songs sounded alike, no catchy hooks or lyrics, just weak. The supporting cast was zero support, who knows who most of the actors were but it was nice to see Mr Carson from Downton Abbey now works at a laundry. Olivia Colman was a total waste, why did they even bother? Keegan-Michael Keys character was rolleyes stupid. I love Sally Hawkins and every second she was on screen was sweet and warm but sadly it really was only seconds. The big standout was Hugh Grant as the OompaLoompa. He really was funny because there was no acting, just being Hugh Grant painted orange. Chalamet was everything I wanted but not enough to save this film. 4/10

Thread Information